Friday, February 2, 2024

She's ALIVE!!!!!

 Well not quite, but it's a nice thought.  I feel more like the walking dead.  I'm now into the sneezing, dry coughing, watery eyes, headache part of this crud.  I can tell you, it's not for the feint of heart.  I passed the time by watching other drivers try to park their RV's.  I don't feel so bad now.  In fact, the average forward and back is SIX times.  I'm empowered by that, since I think maybe I'm at FOUR?

It was late in the afternoon when I tried to extract myself from the recliner.  I wasn't the least bit hungry, but some nice cool ice cream might make my wracking throat better.  Who KNEW?  It was an amazing discovery.  As long as I kept eating it, I didn't cough!!  I'm going to stock up as soon as I can drive again.


Back to the recliner.  If I wanted to know what the temperature was, I just took a picture and enlarged it.  It was way too much trouble to get OUT of the recliner.  Pushing the footstool in became a real challenge.


I did take Cooper out a couple of times ... poor guy thinks he's in trouble.  I just cannot get up the energy to crawl around on the floor and play with him.  

In the meantime, the Gem and Jazz Fest is in full swing, and for this I am NOT thankful.    Yesterday was day one and I only see a few people here.  I did hear the TEST TEST TEST of the outdoor theatre loudspeaker getting ready to completely drown out any normal speaking sounds.  

Yes ... if this is your thing ... it's going on here for the next few days.  You can get yourself a Glamping Tent for $800, or just a 3 day pass for $230, not including RV parking.  

What bands might you hear?  Pink Talking Fish, Yheti, Arkansauce, Lost Ox and DirtySnatcha, among something like 40 others.  Yeah I'm pretty sure I won't be seen there.  Especially with the 25-30 mph winds and expected rain.  Maybe that will muffle the sound.


It's going to be so bad, they actually taped notes on everyone's door so you know they will be keeping you up past 3:30 AM tonight.  That should make my headache better, yes?  My rig was actually vibrating from the drums.  

Yes ... let me tell you about the drums.  It was looking like rain, so they moved into a building behind me. Boom boom boom boom ... rest ... boom boom boom boom ... rest .... until 12:13 am.  Can you just imagine being as sick as I am, coughing and trying so hard to sleep, and being subjected to that?  Now I know why people commit harry carry.  Earplugs, a thick comforter and a big fat pillow did not deaden the sound one bit.  I'm thinking tonight Cooper and I will sleep in my truck at the local Walmart.

Lucky for me ... so far anyway ... they have parked all the rigs away from me.  Probably because I mentioned I was terribly sick and contagious!  


I did get a couple hours sleep, but awoke to pouring down rain.  It's supposed to continue all day today.  I can only hope it will deaden the spirits and the noise to come.  I know ... grumpy old lady.

I was thinking this morning, if ice cream is good, maybe a little Pepsi would be good too.  Sadly, I had no ice.  Finally my muddled brain thought to put some bottled water in a zip lok bag and lay it flat on the bottom of the freezer.  Well would you look at that.  It worked.


And so I'm sipping icy cold Pepsi as I type ... hoping for a better day VERY soon!!  




25 comments:

  1. Can only hope you feel better soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the beat of the drums. Or you could pray for Rain for the duration of the Jazz Fest.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... praying for rain worked, but didn't slow down the music. It's not JAZZ ... it's head banging screaming noise.

      Delete
  2. Last time I felt like you was when Marcia and I got Covid after arriving to the Sacramento Area last year. (I know you tested, but the test kit may be bad.) Of course, it could be the "new illness", RSV...except RSV isn't as new as they try to make it out to be, first discovered in 1956 when researchers isolated a virus from a population of chimpanzees with respiratory illness. It certainly can't be the pending "Disease X", because Disease X is itself "hypothetical". So YES, you have the common cold. LOL (of course, not a laughing matter to Nancy right now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I read that after I heal up, I will understand. LOL. Yeah, it's just a bad chest cold. No fever is a clue.

      Delete
  3. Nancy that has to be a big pain you know where when you are sick and band is playing loud and you want to sleep.
    Hope you can get to the store today for supplies.
    Feel better soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head Sue!! This too shall pass.

      Delete
  4. Nancy I'm so sorry you feel awful. No fun at all especially when drums are pounding all night.
    Hope you can get a nap in during the day.
    Get well soon!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... the drumming only stops between 4am and 11am. It runs the entire rest of the day. I picked a bad week I guess.

      Delete
  5. Glad the ice cream helped while you were eating it! LOL. Eat more ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mother of all inventions…..is a sick woman! Lol.
    Feel better soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Ed wants to know if they advertise Big rig pull through RV sites why does it take them six tries that sounds pretty scary especially if they go out on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A remedy for the crud go over to the shower facility and take a Steaming long, hot, hot, hot long shower

      Delete
    2. If you saw some of these guys drive, you would definitely stay off the highway!! Yes a hot shower sounds wonderful. I may just have to do that tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  8. Slushies offer relief longer than Pepsi does. Popsicles are also good. Even cough drops help keep your throat moist while they dissolve. I wish you well soon!
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon. Take care. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear of your agonizing cold. Sure hope it passes soon. Your location is certainly not helping. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does pass soon Doug. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

      Delete
  11. Really sorry for all your crud.....it’s miserable,
    What a nightmare added in, your musical,
    no concern for the neighbors music makers.
    That’s being polite, I’m sure.
    Prayer and trust for fast recovery❣️
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not the best time I've ever had. I suppose adversity makes you stronger! LOL

      Delete
  12. Hope to see you back on your feet soon. Ice cream sure puts a smile on your face. :O)
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete