Monday, February 26, 2024

It's SNOWING!!!

 Just kidding ... it's not snowing, but looky here ... it's the SNOW MOON.  In case you were wondering, they call it that because it comes in February when there is the most snow on the ground.  Sounds good to me.  In spite of it being the smallest, it did shine quite brightly here last night.  Note to self:  Close those blinds so my bedroom isn't lit up like a car dealers showroom.

Did it look small to you?  Not really?  Me either, but it is the smallest moon of the year because it is the farthest away from earth at this time.  Who knew?


On with less exciting things ..... it took awhile for Mr. Cooper to wake up on this day.  Not even his smiling fish toy could motivate him.  It didn't motivate me either for the first couple of hours.


At last I got my act together and headed out to the rig.  I'm lucky I don't have to launder sheets very often. There's just me so I can sleep on the other side of the bed!!  Kidding ........ maybe!   I stripped the bed in the rig and grabbed the dirty rugs.

There must be SOME way to modify these beds so it's easier to get the sheets on and off.  My problem is the step up on each side of the bed.  That means you have to bend over and work at knee level.  Oh my poor back!!!  I don't know the answer, but there MUST be an easier way.


I waited until the sun came out, then spread out the rugs on the patio.  Yes I swept it off first.  Maybe I need an old fashioned clothes line put up in my yard.  It sure saves on the electric bill.  I have solar you say?  Yes ... yes I do ... and I love it.  It would be nicer if I had remembered to turn BOTH heaters off while I was gone.  One of them kept the house at a toasty 70 degrees for the last two months.  I'm crying over that one!


Since my fridge and freezer were pretty sparsely populated, I made a trip to the grocery store.  I wanted to stop at three other places, but forgot it was Sunday and they don't open until 11:00.  Who made up that rule?  

I wasn't even in the door when I was accosted by the Girl Scouts.  You just can't say no to four young girls learning about being ignored.  Come of people ... support your local Girl Scouts!!  And so I did.  I bought 3 boxes.  Boy do I LOVE these peanut butter patties!!  

How much are they?  $6 a box.  How many did I buy?  3 boxes.  How much did the sweet girl try to charge me?  $24.00.  Okay, how much is 6 times 3 I asked?  I shushed Mom so the girls would have to figure it out.  They finally got it right, but complained they were having to do ALL the work!  


Back home I messed with the new Hopper ... I tried recording.  It didn't record.  I tried again and it recorded, but it didn't want to play it back.  Next thing I know, I have a black screen with my program running in the top right corner, about 3" square.  Hopper and I went around and around, with no success.  I had to reboot it three times just to get my regular programming back.  Anyone know how to get back to live TV???  I think the problem is I'm using a universal remote so I don't have to use THREE of them.

Frustrated, I decided to try and cook something.  What better way to get even MORE frustrated, since as you know, my chef skills are getting worse by the day.


Here we go ... enchilada casserole in a cheesecake pan.  I took the sides off too soon.  I tried to cut a slice and made the biggest mess you ever did see.  There was casserole all over the counter tops.  Next time I'll make it in a regular dish like I ALWAYS do!!  


In between all of this excitement for the day, I continued to put away and organize the boxes of stuff from the other house.  Yes, I'm still working on that.  Mostly I think I just moved them from room to room, making my back really mad at me.  

At least I got a couple of things off my laundry list ... more of which will get worked on today.  It all involves telephone calls and checkbooks, so I'm not expecting it to be all that much fun.  Still, it's better than the alternative ... becoming glued to the couch with a phone in my hand.

What about quilting?  I have yet to remove all that fabric from the rig.  Maybe tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by and hanging out ... I appreciate the company!







18 comments:

  1. Not sure what all goes into your casserole - Am sure I don't have most of it! I head to the Mexican restaurant about 1 1/2 miles away. Mr. Cooper is too cute!! Peanut butter are my favorite GS cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What goes in is whatever I can find in the fridge, smothered in Hatch Green Chili Sauce. I LOVE GS cookies!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was never a Girl Scout. I probably would have eaten all the cookies.

      Delete
  3. The Girl Scouts are everywhere selling cookies. Your choice of cookie is my fav.
    Happy Monday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At every grocery store in town!!! Not cheap, but it's a good cause.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Ed said in the olden days, We used to set the thermostat by hand. But today Isn’t that why they make Bluetooth thermostats?? Either that, or you can get Alexa/Amazon echo Programmed to do the job for you . And yes, Add one. you could tell Alexa/Amazon echo to do the Roomba (vacuum )with or without the lights on
    Now if you do it right, you can tell Alexa/Amazon echo the food that you want. They’ll deliver it all you have to do is figure out how you gonna get Alexa to cook it.
    I just realized how scary it is. Alex can create a shopping list find recipes, Have the food delivered turn on the oven oven, as well as set the microwave as well as almost every kitchen device, an set the mood. But I can’t find anywhere that says he does the dishes Or cleans the bathroom or has PMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Alexa works just like a husband??? I admit, I do want a Roomba, but I'd have to get Starlink to have internet service so Alexa would work. Maybe ........

      Delete
  5. Boy, you hit the ground running. I'm amazed at your energy level :-) Making the beds in most RVs is an art! Casserole looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't sit much when I know there's so much to do. Those beds are definitely a pain!!

      Delete
  6. Couple of weeks ago I pulled up by where the 'girls' were selling cookies and said to them, "I can't eat your cookies, but I will donate $5 to you..." Did not realize that those $2 cookies (which is what they were years ago when I last bought them) are now $6, next time I'll need to give them $10...perhaps $20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cheap, especially when you get 12 cookies, but it's a good cause ... and you know I eat every one!

      Delete
  7. Nancy about 5 years ago I had enough with fitted sheets. I use two flat sheets. Easy and the fitted sheets flattened out my mattress topper.Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that ... weren't ALL sheets flat back in the day? I'll try it! Thanks Dee.

      Delete
  8. Ah, making the bed in a camper, Barbs nemesis! She calls it camper aerobics. We got home last night and opened a very special package! Check your email!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh ... you made it home! YAY!!! I'm so happy those things found a great home!!

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of those peanut boyer cookies. Hmmm.
    Glad you got some food in the house. The casserole still looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely there is someone in Quartzsite selling GS cookies. Maybe Quartzsite chatter? Those cookies are better than Nutter Butters.

      Delete