Sunday, February 4, 2024

A Knock At My Door

Okay, it's pretty dim, but I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I actually felt good enough to get outside and take Cooper for a walk.  If he was bugging you like he bugs me, you would too, even if you were sick.  Off we went on a beautiful sunny morning.

It's quiet ... no boom boom boom ... as I walked through the show arenas.  I have to admit, this fairgrounds has one of the best horse setups around.


The indoor area won't be busy this weekend because all that music racket would send every horse through the roof.  In the next few weeks however, there will be several horse shows going on here.


We walked out the back door towards the bandstand area to see how crowded it was.  This is where all the noise has been coming from.  Since the rain stopped, they have moved back to this location.  I wandered around for awhile, staying out of the vendor area and quickly painted myself into a corner.  


Although you could walk right in one of the main streets, every other area was completely surrounded by fencing.  I began backtracking before I finally saw a tiny light at the end of the wire tunnel.  Aha ... the Beer guys were refilling their truck.  I snuck out just as they were closing the gate.

Absolutely nothing happened for the next three hours, UNTIL ...... 

There was a knock at my door.  Who in the world could THAT be?  

I opened the door to see this smiling face.  Hi I said ... she looked SO familiar.  Do I know you?  She said yes ... I'm Marlene.  Well for heavens sake!!!!  She said Benno was waiting at the front gate.  We walked out so I could meet both of them. I've never been so surprised!!!

I've been following their blog for some time now, always amazed at the knowledge and expertise these two have when it comes to building ocean going vessels.  I can barely use a hammer and nails, while Benno can make all the engine parts he needs by hand and from scratch.  

They are parked miles south of this location and are on my You-Need-Go-See-Them list.  It was windy and cold, so we didn't hang out long.


I did get to meet the kids in the back seat however.  Seems they were trying to see a Vet for a possible problem.  They knew I was at the fairgrounds, so just stopped in.  Marlene probably walked 5 acres before finding my rig, but find it she did.


Virtual hugs made sure there were no germs passed around, although I'm sure I'm safe now.  Just the naggy cough.  It was cold and windy, so off they drove.  I'll catch up with them at their campsite next week I hope.  

YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY!!!  

In the meantime, the music began again.  It wasn't that bad on this day, rather quiet and mostly female voices.  Sadly, it didn't last.  The noise and vibration torture began in earnest about 7:00 and continued until midnight.  You just cannot imagine the impact that has on your body.  Maybe it's because I don't feel all that great, but it actually makes you hurt all over.

Need to find out where your husband went?  Just subject him to this torture.  He'll come clean in five minutes.  Finally at the stage of screaming, I plugged my ears so hard it hurt ... but the noise was almost gone.  It felt SO good!  Like a huge bowl of ice cream!!  

Apparently they do make them dial it back at midnight, but the boom boom boom continued until 4:30 am.  I'm completely broken.  All the plans I had for today went right out the window.  Hopefully Monday will be a new .. non vibrating day so my adventures can begin again ... maybe at the quilt store!!




21 comments:

  1. What an awesome surprise at your door! We have never met them either, but are in awe of their skills. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their ocean adventures have been amazing. Very nice folks!!

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful that M and B surprised you!! They are wonderful people! ❤️
    Each day you are feeling a bit better, we are so happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slow, and I'm still coughing, but better is good.

      Delete
  3. So nice you had visitors. They sound like nice people.
    Glad you are doing better.
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have had an amazing life on the ocean. I'm a dive instructor, so it fascinates me.

      Delete
  4. One night is barely doable...but 3 or 4 in a row is enough to want to find the master electrical switch for the fairgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great surprise! Dedication to the task of finding you!
    Hopefully the peace hastens your recovery.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome surprise at your door! Glad you are on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to visit them ... maybe at the end of the week.

      Delete
  7. Nice you had surprise visitors and you could take Cooper for a walk. Each day you seem to get a little better.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it's too slow of a recovery, but every little bit helps.

      Delete
  8. So are you staying there for free, or do you have to pay to listen to all that noise? Attending one of these things sounds like a good way to go deaf at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, I'm paying. They tell you ahead of time, but NOT that it goes on til 4:00 in the morning!!!

      Delete
  9. Hey, I'm glad it was a good surprise :-) We'll be looking forward to a proper visit or sharing a fun outing somewhere. As to Jim and Barb, I'm sure a meet up will happen sometime somewhere and we will look forward to that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it also. I need a proper introduction to your two beauties. My first pup was a rescue dachshund!!

      Delete
  10. Well....wasn't that a nice surprise visit. I hope they found a vet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they had an appointment for today. How nice of them to stop by when they don't even know me!!

      Delete
  11. Hey, if you were home, you'd be experiencing one heck of a storm.Hope all is well there.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete