Saturday, February 10, 2024

Vets Are Worth Their Weight In Gold

 There was absolutely nothing on the menu this morning except get the kid to the Vet.  It's cold ... 32 degrees and breezy, but off we went 30 minutes early.

If you are ever in the Tucson area and need a Vet, Civano Animal Hospital is the place to go.  They are an emergency hospital, open 24 hours a day.  I've had to bring Cooper here on two occasions, both of which cost me an arm and a leg.  If you love your pet like I do, it doesn't matter.  Good Vets are worth their weight in gold.

You can get regular appointments here, but they are usually a month out.  That won't do, so we went in as an emergency during regular hours.  That cost about the same as a queen size quilt.

BUT ... they are really good and very caring.  Here's Mr. Cooper back home, feeling so good he grabbed his chew toy the first two seconds in the door.  


How can I complain when he's this happy 20 minutes after they cleaned his very sore ears and provided two weeks worth of medicine.  We are on the mend!!  I'd pay just about anything to see this happy face.


We hung out snuggling on the chair for an hour before Patty and I went into fabric withdrawal.  Well maybe not Patty, but it's been WAY too long for me.  Off I went into weird skies to pick her up and head to Green Valley.


I have to admit, we were a little disappointed at the southwest fabrics this time.  She didn't have anything we were looking for, but I did pick up these for a pattern I have ... one I've made before.


Add to that this VERY expensive jelly roll and I almost spent as much as I did on Cooper.   It's okay, you can't take it with you!  


We made it back with a date to check out the OTHER good quilt store next week.  Maybe I'll win back some of that money in the Super Bowl this weekend.

Just for giggles, I thought I would show you the forecast for today.  We're in for some thick rain.  Yessirree, that's snow.  Not cold enough you say?  Why yes it actually is.  It has done this for the last few years at the same time of year.  My guess is I'll be hunkered down in the warm rig, but you never know.  Holy Smokin' Butts BBQ is calling my name.


I made the mistake of joining a Tucson Foodie Facebook group.  Who knew there were so many interesting places to eat in Tucson?  

The weather guessers say sunny weather is on its way, so let's hope they are correct.  I can do without building a snowman this year!!!


16 comments:

  1. Happy to see Cooper is feeling better and the sound of relief comes through loud and clear in your words.
    Interesting clouds.
    Snow is always possible. lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see Cooper feeling better! I like the fabric you chose! Snow, oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper looks like he feels better and good you got him in to the vet. My dog has that problem with yeast in his ears sometimes so I have an ear flush to use weekly and it helps with keeping the yeast under control.
    Great fabric colors !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has not been susceptible to ear infections, but it looks like I'll be doing the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Look at that smile on Coopers face! Makes me smile just seeing him smiling again. Doris from Pa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Doris ... me too. He's got such an expressive face!!

      Delete
  5. Now that's one happy pup! Glad he's on the mend.
    Those clouds are amazing!
    Stay warm!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see Cooper smiling. I love the colors of the "jellyroll".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that fabric will make a pretty quilt. You know I'm happy if Cooper is happy.

      Delete
  7. That must have been a huge relief to see Cooper happy again and pain free for you. Yes, a caring veterinarian and staff are not easy to find these days. Wow to those colours in the jelly roll! You are telling me this snowy weather is a yearly occurrence here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the feeling Marlene. How is Elsa's eye doing? I've been spending winters in Tucson for 8 years ... and it has snowed almost every February.

      Delete
  8. Cooper definitely looks happy! Yay!
    Love the jelly roll colors and the others are pretty too.
    It's just wrong that snow is in your forecast, of course, this winter's forecast is wrong here too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is certainly not what we all long for.

      Delete