Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Chef Skills Showcased

Sometimes you win .... sometimes you lose.  Sometimes you should just stay in bed.  Breakfast got me going on a sugary note ... the last of the pancakes and more of that delicious syrup.  It set the tone for a GREAT day, as did the sun that came up and melted all the ice off my truck. 


My mini me who can't stay quiet for more than ten minutes, had me on the floor playing the squeaky toy game.  It was quite the surprise when I checked my email to find all the paperwork from the Vets office, including the test results and the reasoning behind all the meds, including directions.  Wow ... I've never received test results before.  Thankfully, he's still doing fine.


So fine in fact that I decided to cook his all time favorite ... hard boiled eggs.  I mean if you're going to showcase your cooking skills to your sidekick, what better way to do it.  I did get just a tad bit distracted while trying to balance my bank account that didn't want to cooperate.  I've never EVER had that much money in my account, so I was sure there was a BIG mistake.

Then there was a loud POP!!  What was THAT?  NOOOOOOO ... I have once again proven I'm not a Chef.    How could those eggs boil dry in the pan and not boil the water over the top where you could hear it???  Then the smell hit.  Okay, I burned them quite nicely.  I put the pan outside on the ground, sure it was now toast.


Maybe some of that lovely cocoa smothered in marshmallows will enhance my skills.  I tried again, with excellent results using the pot that did survive.  That's IT!!!  Cocoa is the magic elixir.  Cooper was very appreciative of the half egg that enhanced his dry dog food.  He ate it all.  Mission accomplished.


Full of an excess of exuberance, we were off on a long walk over to the RV sale which was now over.  Better to check them out when all the salesmen have gone.  I admit, I'm not fond of salesmen.  


I watched eight Vans go out the door back to the sales lot.  The cheapest one was $124,000 ... for a VAN.  I did roll that one through my brain once ... but decided I couldn't leave Cooper in the hot van while I shopped or hiked.  Nix that idea.

This is the latest big thing in RV'ing.  I guess they are Super C's, long and large.  I did rather think the paint job was cool.  They ran $160,000 and up.  Not bad I suppose, but it seems to me you might as well get a Class A.


They had mostly Entegra's for sale ... Jayco made they said ... not a brand I like or think has good quality, but what do I know.  These are owned by Thor now.


These are the REV group RV's ... they own Monaco ... and I'm guessing are better made.  These run in the $270,000 range.  Front engine versus rear engine Class A's I suppose.  


And here it is!!  MY PICK!!  It should be in next week.  It's a mere $455,000 ... a Tiffin Phaeton.  Least I think that's what it is. Yeah, it's not mine because I think this one is made of gold.  I did notice one weird thing ... you could not tell what most of these RV's were.  There was no name on the front of them to denote who made it.  There is another problem with most all of these ... they have black paint.  My old Phaeton had black paint.  Do you know how HOT that gets?  


And so, after a 2 mile hike through the RV's, Cooper and I returned to our humble little abode.  It suits us just fine and I don't have a $3,000 house payment.

Time for dinner.  Here's a cute little container I found ... petite potatoes that you microwave and spice up.  No boiling water required, so I figured it was a safe bet.


Just microwave, stir in butter and parmesan cheese.  I added garlic ... and WOW they were awesome.  I could have eaten the entire bowl.  I added a little chicken and almost licked the plate.  Next time I'll just buy the little potatoes, as I'm sure that would be much cheaper.  Still, I'd buy these again!!


We watched a little San Antonio Rodeo before crashing for the night.  I have a 7:00 appointment for an oil change this morning, so I'm off with a laundry list of to-do items.



17 comments:

  1. Those little potatoes look yummy! Been there, done that with the eggs. LOL. RVs are fun to look at, kinda like new houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least I'm not alone in the burned egg business!

      Delete
  2. Glad Cooper is doing better. I'm gonna have to look for those potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, they were really good ... and so easy to fix!

      Delete
  3. Potatoes look great. RVs looked nice but wow the prices are crazy.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like buying another house Frances. Been there, done that ... and I loved it .....

      Delete
  4. Place eggs in sauce pan. Cover with cold water. Put lid in pan. Put on burner on medium heat, bring to a boil. Turn off heat and allow eggs to remain in pan with lid on for 10minutes. (Use timer on microwave)drain off hot water and cool eggs in cold iced water of 10 minutes. Peel and enjoy. 😊
    The Panhandler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the perfect recipe ... except when I forget them on the stove and all the water boils away. I can't believe it didn't boil all over the stove ... at least then I might have heard it!

      Delete
  5. We just 'happen' to be looking at moving to a Van. Here is the thing. With some of them they operate on Lithium with around 200 Watts of solar on the roof, and a second alternator just to charge up and operate the 'house' area (Diesel engine version). When/if the battery level calls for more power, the Diesel engine kicks on low and the alternator charges up the batteries and keeps the 'house' going. This version will allow for the A/C or the Heater to run, keeping doggies, kitties and even birds safe and sound. (If we go the Van route, it will not be Diesel and it will have a generator and it won't have Lithium). Now, if you really want to get small, look at the Thor Scope...only 19' long on a Ram Promaster with a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine. Doubt we can go that small, but will still look at one just to be sure. Marcia just needs something she can get up into and out of easier than what we are dealing with now...let alone the age of our Dynamax (nearly 20 years old)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh no wonder those diesels are so expensive ... but of course that is what I would want for Cooper. They had some very small units there ... I was surprised. I get the age thing ... repairs will hit you soon, if not already.

      Delete
  6. I just bought an egg cooker at walmart $8.99. I love it and so easy to use. Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ... I've never heard of that. I will definitely check it out!!!

      Delete
  7. A Super C has a real truck cab which is much safer than a Class A in case of an accident.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda ... I really didn't know the difference.

      Delete
  8. It's the perfect sugar rush for me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all fun to look at.
    Cooper is so darned cute!!! Glad he is feeling better and eating.

    ReplyDelete