Monday, February 19, 2024

Potlucks and Puppies

 The sky was on fire Saturday night.  It was sad that I was leaving Tucson once again.  Let the packing begin.


Before we leave however, Patty says to thank everyone for the birthday wishes.  Here she is crying because although she knew about the party, she did NOT know her friend Diana would be there.  She flew in the night before.  That's Bear (her son) and Emma (her granddaughter) in the background.


I called late that night to remind them to take family pictures.  These guys are rarely in the same place at the same time.  Here's Patty with the three boys she raised.


Bright and early, my crew and I were throwing everything in cupboards and drawers for the 8:00 departure.  Cooper was just rolling the ball around the floor, but he was "helping".  By 7:00 we were done.  No reason to sit around I guess ... so off we went.  Sunday mornings are a good time to travel ... no traffic.


I virtually waved and yelled at Jan and Bill Mains as I went through Casa Grande.  Still no traffic and beautiful skies.


That all ended when I hit I-10 to Quartzsite.  Good grief ... the truck traffic at noon was cray-cray!  Every car on the planet must be going to lunch!

I finally stopped for a Cooper break.  The drive was long and tiring, so I was very glad when Quartzsite came into view.


We know who this is!!  I could hear him bark hello while I was still in the office.  Bill came straight over and I tossed him the keys.  Let me tell you ... he backed that rig in perfectly the very first time!!  WOOHOO for good friends!!  AND I was invited to a potluck dinner ... no potluck required!  How could I turn THAT down!


I set everything up, plugged in and opened the doors.  Whew!!  It's WARM in Quartzsite after being in cold Tucson for three weeks.  I went over and visited with Gibbs (and his mom and dad) until the potluck hour.  It's for the locals, mostly permanent or long term RV'ers.


The food was really good.  Patsy made a yummy casserole.  We call it goulash ... she calls it cheesy hamburger macaroni casserole!  It was delicious.  You know how you try to take just a little bit of everything and it covers your entire plate?  Oh, I ate too much!


Check out Patsy's Blog for more pictures.  There was even another birthday and more cupcakes!!

And so ended a nice day, although I'm pretty tired.  Of course the weather guessers are still guessing at the weather, but I think I'l hang out here for a few days in the hopes of being able to drive in sun instead of driving rain, hail and snow.  



11 comments:

  1. Just read Patsy's blog and - sounded like goulash to me also!
    Use to make quite often - now into chili in winter months. Winter here is under 60 for daytime temps. (no snow) !! :)
    Bill is the Valet service for you! Nice parking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter under 60 ... I agree!! I probably could have parked the rig, but I was really exhausted ... and he's so darn good at it!! I really appreciate these two friends.

      Delete
  2. Bill is your valet service...lol. And I don't think he expects a tip. A potluck? Yesterday was your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh ... I should have tipped him??? Yes it was my lucky day ... and the potluck was good. We've talked about that!!

      Delete
  3. Take your time, no need to drive through that crap! Is there still a pretty big crowd in "Q", or have many left for greener pastures??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally wouldn't wait since it is BINGO and they are short handed. As for Q, there's still quite a few people here, but nothing like the big tent. By March many have wandered on.

      Delete
  4. Drive safe Nancy!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wouldn't mind a visit from you at all. It's not that much further away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at the maps. I may just have to head East.

      Delete
  6. CA is under another weather alert.
    Glad you are Safely Enjoying more time with friends.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this year California is under a permanent alert.

      Delete