Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Eating Rocks ... It's A Thing

 It was a fabulous sunrise ... somewhere ... but not here this time.  It was a little pale on this nice warm Monday morning.  Cooper and I went out for an early long walk before the sun came up.  That was followed by a little dig the ball out from under the back of the recliner where he dropped it.


Then it was time for some poker pool.  I started off with a bang and ended with a whimper.  BUT ... I came in second place out of five.  Yahoo!!!  Really, it doesn't matter who wins.  We just like to have a good time.


Dinner time came about rather quickly.  How lucky could I be ... Patsy brought by some of her yummy goulash AND homemade dinner rolls.  I put some in a small bowl and went to the microwave.  That's when disaster happened.  Everything in the rig went black.  I hate it when that happens.

I have an energy management system plugged in, and it was blank.  Nothing ... not even a red light.  The plug wasn't pushed in all the way, just a tad bit out.  I thought maybe that was the problem, so I hit the circuit breaker ... waited ... and tried it again.  When I came back in, the microwave was still not working.

I tried a couple more things before walking across the way to see if I was the only one out of power.  Nope ... just me.  Bill came back with me to try and figure things out.  I don't know what we did, but it finally all came back on.  He thought it had something to do with a delay in the inverter and my solar system.  Thankfully disaster was averted, meaning I was able to heat up dinner.  Thank you again Patsy, it was delicious.


Now full, I wandered over to tell my neighbors everything was working.  We sat and talked while Gibbs entertained us.  What a sweet, affectionate puppy.  Apparently we didn't pay quite enough attention to him, so he picked up a rock in his mouth.  

No matter what Patsy and Bill did, he would not let go of it.  I just laughed!!  You could tell he had his lips pressed together and he was NOT letting go, even though Bill tried to sweet talk him.  Patsy was finally able to retrieve it.  That silly boy ... he went right over and grabbed another one!


Back home it was time for Jonathan's bath.  You have probably seen birds preening before.  They pull up one feather at a time, running it through their beak to pull off any dander or insects.  


That brought about a plethora of squawking and talking.  Birds are most active around 5:00 or so, and Jonathan is no exception.  If you don't talk back, he can get really LOUD, so you'll hear me playing the part of a pirate.  
 

It's pretty funny ... I played these back and he talked to himself!!


That was it for the day.  All the critters including myself are happy campers.  The weather here is so nice I had to don some shorts and even put out my awning for awhile.   Just like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it!!



14 comments:

  1. Nancy you and Jonathon were a hoot talking back and forth.
    Brought a smile to my face first thing this morning.
    Have a great day !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chatter goes on quite often, I just don't tell people I talk to my bird! LOL

      Delete
  2. Poker pool sounds like a lot of fun! Good to hear things are going well and everyone is happy. Jonathon certainly sounds happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poker pool is so fun the men have started their own group! LOL

      Delete
  3. Jonathan get the award for ANIMAL OF THE DAY on Blogger! That was a trip... Speaking of trip, as in tripping breakers...we have a Surge Guard that, when you plug it in, it counts down from 120 seconds and when it gets to zero, it starts giving full power. So I think Bill is right, it just needed time to restart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon is definitely a trip for sure! I never had solar on my old rig so it never took that long. Learning new things.

      Delete
  4. Nancy I really got a kick out of you and Jonathan talking back and forth.
    Enjoy the sunshine!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty fun to hang out with. He even does a Stevie Wonder impression. I'll try to catch that one day.

      Delete
  5. Even though Electrical Management Systems can be frustrating, but they will save you a lot of grief.
    Jonathon is quite the character.
    More Rain heading to CA.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your visit.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become more like the weather patterns of old.

      Delete
  6. That was quite the conversation you had with Jonathan :-) Good that the power problem solved itself. I popped the brakers a few times forgetting I had something else running at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never worried about that much in my old rig. I will certainly pay more attention now.

      Delete
  7. I just love listening to Jonathan - hearing him across the drive makes me smile every time. We're glad to have you as neighbours and...........you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I didn't realize you could hear him that far away.

      Delete