Friday, February 9, 2024

Locked Out, More Rain

 We're walking ..... we're walking ..... Mr. Cooper and I.  Although it was 34 degrees on this morning, Mr. Cooper was ready to hit the road the second the sun came out.  La Mesa RV is having an RV show around the corner, and sadly, pups are not allowed.   We went around the OTHER way, but it didn't last long.  The wind came up and the clouds came back in with 50 degree ferocity.  If it's not windy, that's a fine temperature.


As much as Cooper loved the hamburger, it didn't last long.  Thus the trip to the store for some roasted chicken.  He likes it ... I like it .... it's a win-win.


But wait!  What is this??  How did this get in the basket?  I rarely go to Frys grocery store.  I've never been in there that I didn't get lost and not find what I was looking for.  I'm sure that's planned, otherwise you wouldn't spend an hour walking up and down every aisle, throwing stuff in the basket you had no intention of buying.

But wait yet again!  THERE'S ONE MISSING?  HOW COULD THAT BE?  Yeah well, it was as good as it looks.  


With all the groceries unloaded and things stuffed in the freezer, which is a miracle considering the amount of space versus the space required .... Cooper and I headed out once again.  He seems to be doing okay since I put more medicine in his ear.  At least he's not scratching as much.  

In the meantime, just to occupy myself and become completely stressed out, I tried to file the IRS tax forms for the railroad club.  It should be simple.  It required an email address and a password.  I used every single email address I have, along with a few I don't have.  Nothing would work.  

I even called the guy who did it last time.  No luck.  It finally locked me out completely.  Naturally I left all that information in a book at home, or at least I HOPE I did!


Better to worry about Mr. Cooper than the IRS.  He's been hanging in there, not scratching too much, but his ear is beet red.  We'll be at the Vet's office first thing this morning.


Though it was supposed to be sunny most of the day, it wasn't.  Nothing will keep me inside faster than rain and cold, followed up with a healthy dose of wind.  

BUT ... it's Thursday!  That means Arizona Pizza Company will give you 20% off if you know the secret word.  I ALWAYS know the secret word.  I picked up this beauty at 4:00, just as the rain began to fall yet again.  It was delicious!!  Of course there was more finagling with the freezer to squeeze in what I can't eat in two days.


It's freezing cold again this morning, and predicted to be sunny all day.  That's just the calm before the storm, because it's going to rain and snow all day long Saturday.  Won't THAT be fun!!  Maybe I'll be able to make a cheesy snowman.  I had planned a short trip to Tombstone, but if WE'RE going to have snow, THEY surely will too since they live at a higher elevation!!  So much for the sunny Arizona Desert!!  I may have to head on back to Quartzsite just to get warm!!


8 comments:

  1. That pizza looks yummy! Better than some pics I've seen of Silly Al's lately. What's with the weather the last few years down that way? I can remember coming down there and seeing Patsy in the sun with a beautiful tan going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were all working on our tans. Instead, we are all freezing to death!! No kidding ... 32-40 overnight, 50 days and windy. It cyclical ... been doing this for over 50 years.

      Delete
  2. Bubba use to get ear infections (like most Cocker's do) until we bought a Hydrogen Peroxide in a squirt bottle, and gave him a shot in each ear a couple times a week. The setting was on spray, not stream, got it right up to the entrance of his ear and let him have it (a short squirt).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea. The vet tells me it usually yeast due to dampness ... like rain!

      Delete
  3. Pizza looks wonderful!
    We finally got a break in weather. Two tornadoes hit San Luis Obispo this week. Glad we weren't in the middle of them.
    Crazy weather!
    Be safe out there!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... you have been having the weather!!! Glad it wasn't near you. I'm sure snow is next.

      Delete
  4. Frances...my cousin lives in Arroyo Grande and had an official tornado warning. Poor Cooper. Hopefully the vet will help get him up to par. I agree with Shirley. This pizza looks better than the ones from Silly Al's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their pizzas ... always good every time! Coop will be good soon!

      Delete