Saturday, February 3, 2024

Wet And Wild

 What can I say.  Here I am with my ever faithful snuggly companion, still sitting in my chair.  We got up this morning, which was a feat in itself.   Nurse Patty says I will survive (yes, she's a tried and true ER Nurse), but at this point, I'm not so sure.  When the boom boom boom finally stopped in the early morning dark, I just turned all the lights off and sat in the quiet.  Never ever take peace and quiet for granted.


By 10:00 I got up enough gumption to take Cooper for a long walk around the park.  I knew there was a Sheriff's Station close by, I just didn't know it was a few hundred feet from my rig.  


And then the rains came down.  It was wet and wild with thunder, lightning cracks and pouring rain for the next few hours.


Sadly, it did not slow down the wild band thing going on.  The lightning cracks did stop them for awhile since they are in an outdoor theater, but they just moved to a CLOSER building.  It got worse and worse as the day went on.


Here's a little sample of the rain noise.  There are now rivers running through the RV park.


As for the band noise ... and noise it is when they just pour the power to those amps so it vibrates the soil under your rig that's parked more than a football field away ... there is no way to describe it.  It was so loud it shook the windows of my rig, vibrated the walls and drowned out my TV.      

Going to bed really wasn't an option, but neither was trying to stay up.  I finally put in ear plugs, stuck my fist under one ear and pulled a pillow tight over my head.  When the techno band finally stopped at midnight, it became a little more tolerable until about 1:00 when they stopped altogether.  That's better than the 4:00 am scheduled time to quit.

I guess you can say it's an experience, but one I hope never to repeat!!  Oh wait ... they are going at it again tonight until 4 a.m.  I love all kinds of music .. ALL kinds ... but this is just head banging screaming noise.  Even the thunder, lightning and rain provide a better melody!!

Since Nurse Patty says I will survive, I guess I better give it a go.  I'll try for a shower today and maybe a short walk around my rig.  That's about as interesting as it's going to get!!  

Wait ... I think I will tape some of the noise to play for you ... you know, share the experience????  

By the way, I heard Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow, so winter is over, is that right?  I thought Phil died two years ago!!



10 comments:

  1. You can send some of that rain up South Dakota way, we could use a few inches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be a wet year everywhere it shouldn't be.

      Delete
  2. The joys of living near other people. Did you know most rigs have the ability to broadcast outside from their surround sound system? Did you know dogs howl when other dogs in the neighbourhood howl, no matter if it’s 4, 5, or 6 am! Just saying. Lol.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course ... MY outside surround system can blast as good as any! LOL. Finally feeling like I will live.

      Delete
  3. No fun having all that noise when trying to sleep.
    Hope you get well soon.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it. I don't care about noise during the day, but at night ... please be quiet! LOL

      Delete
  4. We are very grateful to live in a quiet park. This is temporary for you. I like Patty's assessment. 👍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, that is a quiet park and I appreciate it a LOT! I guess I'll live, but not so wildly for awhile.

      Delete
  5. I listened to the video. You did get a good rain. Thank goodness the noise stopped at 1am instead of 4am. We really appreciate quiet. We used to have so many quiet days here in Wellton but life is full of changes. We still have quiet days but just not as many. I'm sure you will feel better after a hot shower but it will make you tired. Keep resting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right Elva ... made me tired. But I feel better.

      Delete