Sunday, February 11, 2024

It's Raining, It's Snowing, The Old Man .....

Well you probably know about this already.  It's snowing in Tucson.  Granted it's a wet snow, but snow nonetheless.  Moving on .......

 I bet you know what this is!!  It's become a tradition ... Patsy and Bill and I trade STUFF every year.  I think I'm on the winning end of this deal.  They brought me REAL Canadian Maple Syrup.  It's manna from Heaven!!  So if you are going to have syrup, you have to have pancakes!


I've been waiting not-so-patiently to get well enough to truly enjoy this amazing treat.  Yeah, those aren't the best pancakes ... just a cheap mix I picked up.  I do like a little bit of pancakes with my syrup!!  I think this is the best batch yet, hand made by one of their friends up North.  BEST SYRUP EVER!!  If you get a chance to pick up some Canadian Maple Syrup, be sure and do so.  


The next thing I know, it's pouring down rain.  It was expected.  You really can't see it in this picture, but that line of water in front of the cars is about 3 feet across and running like a river.  Cooper doesn't seem to mind.  As you know, when you have to go, you have to go, so out we go.

We came back soaking wet.  I checked out the forecast to find we were in the midst of a snow storm.


It started off nicely enough, big flakes, but not so many of them.  That didn't last long before it really began to come down.  It snowed for about three hours I think.


About the time the truck was covered, it began to melt off.  Although it was 34 degrees, it didn't hang around.  


Though I had plans to traipse off to town, Cooper preferred I sit with him, especially after dousing his ears with the new meds.  


I mean really, how could I not!!


In spite of all the gorgeous clouds we've had, the sunset was less than exciting.  The thick black almost ground level clouds just would not let the sun through.  It got a little scary 30 minutes later when they became even blacker and it looked like they were trying to smother us.  The skies here can be weird.


This was the best we got.  I thought about walking over to the bandstand for a better image, but it was 32 degrees.  Thankfully today's guesstimate says we are scheduled for ten days of sun.  That would be amazing ... to finally be able to warm up a tad.  Hopefully we are on the uptake!


Today is of course that day football fans have been waiting for all year long.  Not really.  I think only California and Kansas will be watching, since no one else really cares about either of these teams.  The good news is they don't play until 4:30 my time, so I'll be able to get some things taken care of before heading off to the Chance house.

My week is scheduled out pretty well with maintenance items ... truck oil change, fuel, propane ... and the important stuff ... ice cream.

Whoever you are rooting for in the Super Bowl today, I hope they win!!!


13 comments:

  1. Reluctantly, Mr. Ed said ((I made the mistake of joining a Tucson Foodie Facebook group.  Who knew there were so many interesting places to eat in Tucson?))
    Thanks👎 your a bum. I looked 👀 it up for Cocoa foodie Facebook. Group… first off, I didn’t know there was such a group… I think there’s gonna be a subtraction, and a Big dent in my wallet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool recipe .. How to Make Maple syrup Brown Sugared Bananas
      If you have 2 not to overripe bananas in the house, put them to good use with this quick and easy recipe!
      Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt some butter. Add the Two sliced bananas, a sprinkle of brown sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon.
      Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes until the sugar is melted and the bananas are lightly caramelized.
      Serve hot or while warm, over scoops of ice cream, pancakes, French toast, or a slice of pound cake. Enjoy!
      Sometimes I do one Banana in the microwave and, lastly, add ice, cream and maple syrup

      Delete
    2. Your recipe sounds yummy!!! I know the feel of the wallet! LOL

      Delete
  2. Aww...Cooper resting on your leg...priceless. Enjoy the Super Bowl party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does that every day. Such a snuggle bunny this guy.

      Delete
  3. I agree, those pancakes are good! Well, with the BEST syrup ever!! 😋
    I'm glad you are enjoying ît.
    Praying for that sunshine here too, for it to warm up.
    Cooper sure loves his Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should warm up this week ... and for you guys, a couple more weeks. I know you will enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Pancakes and maple syrup...I'll be right over!
    Enjoy your Superbowl Sunday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the BEST!! Even better for Super Bowl Sunday.

      Delete
  5. Praying that there are no earthquakes in Las Vegas, like the one that ruined my life-long dream of a Giants -vs- A's World Series! Go NINERS (but it is ok if KC wins too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Dave ... KC won!! Sad because they have won too many times in a row.

      Delete
  6. French toast is also good with some privately made maple syrup!
    Lol. That wasn’t snow, that was thick rain. Glad it didn’t stay around long. It does tend to make everything cool.
    Enjoy the game.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool and WET! I think I love French Toast better than pancakes.

      Delete