Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Lobster and Laundry

 I have to say this has been one of the most interesting trips I've had.  At this moment, there are 25 mph winds knocking me around.  You can taste the sand in the air.  

In the meantime, back to last night ... we were headed off to Red Lobster for dinner.  I haven't had a good meal like that in ages.  Lobster fest was in full swing.  That doesn't mean you are going to GET much lobster, but it was a nice idea.


We always start off with an appetizer of coconut shrimp, dipped in an awesome pina colada type of sauce. I should have stuck with that for dinner.  We used to do that, but they figured it out and raised the price ... we were all just ordering the cheaper appetizers!!


And so I was convinced to order the special of the day ... lobster tail and scrimp scampi with a loaded baked potato.  I was in heaven!!  That scampi was just like a shrimp boil!

The lobster tasted just like lobster, in spite of the fact it was only four bites.  I cut it into eight pieces, just so I could enjoy it more.  

I ate half of everything and brought the other half home, along with a garlic biscuit.  Salty, buttery, garlicy deliciousness.  Not exactly a cheap meal at $24.00, but then nothing to eat is cheap any more.


THIS is what COULD HAVE BEEN.  This was a monster lobster that I had hoped would grace my plate.  No such luck.  Makes you kind of feel sorry for these guys.  It was a tasty treat that I thoroughly enjoyed, along with the company.  


Back home, I was completely surprised by the quiet.  In fact, it was SO quiet .... how quiet WAS it?   So quiet I couldn't sleep without the boom boom!!

So at 5 am I was over at the laundry room, beating the crowd.  You can't complain when it's only $1.50.  I threw everything into one load to get in and out quickly.  I was out the door before 6:00.  


No, these aren't mine.  I threw all the wet laundry into my bag and headed back to the rig.  I hang to dry.


But not until this happened.  Me thinks maybe they have a problem.  Truth be told, I knew that when I went in the door and smelled the odors.  I used maybe two tablespoons of soap, so there's that.  Luckily I got out before anything overflowed.


That's when the wind came up.  It was so weird.  It came up really fast ... rocked my rig back and forth making me think it was going to turn upside down.  I called Patty to say I wouldn't be going anywhere.  Thirty minutes later it was like the eye of a tornado.  Completely silent, quiet, no wind.  Just weird!

The afternoon wind came back up, turning the skies brown.  As I sat watching out the window, there was not one person outside their rig all day.  So much for shopping and visiting.  This was the view pretty much all day long.


Cooper however is a happy camper since his Mom has stayed in and snuggled.  He thinks the wind is just hunky dory!!  I literally spent the rest of the day inside out of the dust.  It got so bad I even had to stow my satellite dish.  What a shock to my system.  NO TV!!  I actually had to read for about three hours.


The bad news is Mr. Coop seems to have an ear infection.  This rarely happens since I try to keep his ears very clean.  So much for trying ... we will be off to the vet this morning.  

The weather guessers say we've got two days of rain before we see the sun again.  What happened to the sunny winters in Arizona?



16 comments:

  1. We had a similar day, very dark clouds, some gusty winds, then no wind, some rain, some almost sun.
    Too bad about the infection, sometimes there is no way to stop or prevent those kinds of things. Catching them early is always a good thing.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had caught that infection earlier. It's awful to see them in pain.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the remnants of that Southern California storm. Big headline that the storm killed 9 people...yet in California, on average, 520 people injured or killed daily! Why are the 9 so much more important than the 520????? And the NAMES they calling these storms now days...Artic Blast, Polar Vortex, Polar Snow Squall, and my favorite, Bomb Cyclone. Hell, when we were kids it was just called RAIN and SNOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... they name everything now, when 30 years ago it was just called RAIN.

      Delete
  3. Weather is crazy here too Nancy.
    Wind blew stuff around in our backyard.
    Be safe out there. Sorry Cooper has an ear infection. Poor little guy.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the rain, but I'm not a fan of wind!

      Delete
  4. Hope Cooper feels better and nice you could go to Red Lobster with long time friends. Best yet was you felt good enough to get out after being sick.
    Hope you can get more visits in and find more quilt stores !

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilt stores coming up!! But I'm so sad about Cooper.

      Delete
  5. Coconut shrimp sounds delicious . That's what our sky looked like but we didn't have the strong wind. I loved the dark sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dark skies too, but not when they come with rain and snow! LOL

      Delete
  6. Hopefully Cooper got his infection treated and is not in pain. Wishing him speedy recovery. Why do dogs get sick when we travel? That lobster looked yummy and with garlicky butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know ... always it seems. If I wasn't so sick, I might have caught it sooner, poor baby.

      Delete
  7. Your meal sounds wonderful.
    Hope little Cooper is better soon. The winds are not fun, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind definitely cuts into my shopping time! LOL

      Delete
  8. Just glad you weren't back at your house. It probably got a good exterior cleaning.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that! You are probably right!!

      Delete