Monday, February 12, 2024

I Only Watch The Super Bowl For ........

 I got an early morning phone call.  Not that we were asleep, we had been up for several hours.  The Vet called to see how Cooper was doing and if I had any trouble with the meds.  As you can see, he wasn't exactly smiling from ear to ear since I had just cleaned said ears.  

I mean really, how are you supposed to do that when you have fat fingers and tiny ears?  He handled it like a champ.  


In fact, he was so upbeat that we went for a long walk around the park.  They can only take payment for two weeks maximum (I'm not sure why) and so I had to re-up my stay for another week.  Yes the sun is shining, but it's still cold as heck.  Thirty two degrees COLD!  By the way, they do have a Good Sam discount here, but only for four days of your stay. 

I checked out the propane (this is a new addition) which I'll be needing soon.  Yikes ... it's actually less expensive in California!!  Diesel and gas may be cheaper in Arizona, but propane and natural gas is through the roof.  I'm going to check out a local gas station instead.  Yes that's my finger ... I was juggling my big wallet, Cooper and my phone.


Once Cooper was sufficiently tired, I left him in the rig and headed to Walmart.  If it's going to pretend it's winter time in Arizona, I need hot chocolate.  It's soothes the soul and warms you up!!  Along with that came another roasted chicken because Mr. Discerning Palette has decided fillet mignon is not for him.  Neither is the cheap chicken I roasted that tastes as green as the grass.  Big sigh!  Truth be told, I won't eat it either.


The scenery on the way back was beautiful.  You never really think of Tucson as mountain country, but we are surrounded here.  


It's a little hard to see with all the clouds, but there's snow on them thar hills!!


Six more dog walks later ... I can never tell if he wants to play or needs to go out ... it was time to head off for the Super Bowl.  I'll be honest ... I probably watch it more for the $7 million per 30-second commercial than I do for the football.

It was the worst year EVER.  Most of the time we just looked at each other, wondering what the heck that commercial was ABOUT.  Apparently Hollywood has lots of money, because there were more about upcoming movies than anything ... except for Homes.com ... whatever THAT is.  They must have had TEN commercials.  At $7 million each, that adds up, don't you think?


I have to give it to SF for their logo.  I'm not sure what this is below.  Is it the train station???  I really cannot tell.


And away we go ... it was neck and neck for most of the game.  I don't think I've ever see two teams so evenly matched.  At one point Kansas City got so mad, one of their players went and almost ran over their head coach while yelling at him.  That was of course Taylor Swift's boyfriend.  I see another song coming out soon with his name all over it.  She who lives in a glass house and flies in her jet everywhere, shouldn't be telling all of us not to use fossil fuels.  I digress .......


Overtime ... the game went into overtime.  San Francisco forgot to keep an eye on Mahomes because if there's no one to throw to, he runs.  And that's what he did ... right down to the goal line where they scored, winning the game.  


In the end, as I mentioned above, we basically only watch the game for the commercials.  None of them brought out a big belly laugh.  Where's the talking frogs?  We seriously didn't know what most of them were even about.  

So who won that trophy?  Why the Budweiser Clydesdales of course.  When the electricity went out ... I'm sure we are all familiar with THAT ... they saved the day, guided in by a beautiful dog.  Actually, they cut out part of that ad ... if you want to see the entire thing, you can google it.

And so ended another freezing day in Arizona.  It's a lovely 30 degrees this morning.  I'm pretty sure we will be snuggling in our chairs for the first four hours.  Then maybe .... just MAYBE .... we'll venture out.  I seem to have become a couch potato when it comes to cold, but we shall see.


12 comments:

  1. It's all about the symbolism! It was already decided kinda like wrestling. Didn't watch it but can just imagine the dropped balls, missed plays & nobody stopping that winning play. Too much mind control & programming for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, it was quite the close game ... overtime for the first time ever I think. I used to watch for the commercials ... I think now I don't need to watch at all.

      Delete
  2. It sounded like a squeaker from the score. We always loved the commercials, my two favourites were the Clydesdale kicking the football and Budweiser lizards. I don’t recall the year but those two commercials always bring a smile when I recall them.
    Glad Cooper is feeling better. It is cold there for me….brrrrrrr. You need warmer places. lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any commercial with critters was a hit. They certainly fell short this year.

      Delete
  3. That is the Union Station in KC, very pretty inside too. I liked both teams, but was pulling for SF since KC won a few years ago...but it was an exciting game. Yes, the Bud commercial with the dog and the Clydesdales was the best commercial for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe it was the Union Station. I toured that with Barb and Tom Westerfield several years ago. It's beautiful to be sure.

      Delete
  4. Clydesdale commercial was the best for sure.
    I just love your cloud pictures.
    Stay warm!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed the Clydesdale commercials. Hopefully they are back to stay.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for mentioning that Clydesdale commercial and I looked it up since we didn't watch the game. Hope you won something on your bet. That hot chocolate is a darn good idea at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clydesdales have always had the best commercials ... from the horses kicking footballs to finding lost puppies. They were GREAT!

      Delete
  6. I "took a knee," and didn't watch the Super Bowl or its commercials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a close game, but commercial wise, you didn't miss a thing!!!

      Delete