Friday, February 16, 2024

I'm Back In Business

 I'm sure everyone is suffering withdrawal from the Bingo stories (me included), so here's something to tide you over.  Yes, it is seriously like this!  I did get a couple of late night calls about the machines since the King seems to be off gallivanting in Florida, but otherwise they seem to be surviving very well.


First thing in the morning, without the burst of energy from a morning sunrise, I unhooked both propane tanks and loaded them in the truck.  I usually run one til it's empty, then switch to the second tank and fill the first one.  

Here however, since I knew they had a fill station on site, I just let them both run dry.  It took a bit to figure out how to release the tie down Bill gave me, but I persisted.  I got them both in the truck and tied down.

That's when Dan arrived.  I'm pretty sure I can still lift them when full, but didn't want to mess up my back any more than it is.  It's not cheap, this propane, but by the time you drive several miles and use up all that diesel, you might just as well fill them 100 yards from your rig.

Dan got them in and I hooked them up.  I'm back in business!!  Not that I plan on cooking anything, and I certainly hope it stays warm enough not to need them.


That's when it hit me.  I don't know exactly when I'll be back to check out the quilt stores here.  It ate at me like a mosquito on the back of my hand.  Patty and I had the chance to go yesterday, but I really didn't need anything.  I couldn't stand it ... I was just sitting around ... and off I went.

I suppose the good news is I didn't find a single thing.  Can you believe it?  Not one piece of fabric came home with me.  I must be sick.


Since I now had propane, I actually did try to clean up some leftovers.  This is BOILING ginger rice.  Not only did I set the timer this time, but I never left the stove.  I wasn't going to have another burning incident.  It actually came out really nice, and will go with the Panda Express I plan on buying before I leave.


The rest of the day was rather ho hum.  Even Cooper wasn't interested in doing anything but hanging out.  


He did wake up enough for a small treat however.  


Today we are making cupcakes for the birthday celebration to be held at a nearby golf course clubhouse tomorrow.  Believe it or not, I actually have those fancy tips used to make cupcakes beautiful ... or at least a little more appetizing.  

BUT ... with my track record, I think I'll leave the baking to Patty.  





16 comments:

  1. When my 10 year old 30# tanks inspection aged out about the same time my body started griping the tanks were too heavy is when I replaced them with 20# tanks. It was a wonderfully correct thing to do I have found out. My shoulder joints and back thank me regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weigh 55 pounds full. That was doable before, but I'm not sure now. I would like to try it however. I hate to get smaller tanks because if it's cold, these only last about 14 days. I'd hate to be getting propane every week.

      Delete
  2. I went to Costco and got nothing. Wanted to buy 6 bags of trail mix = Discontinued.....hate when they do that. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I hate it when they do that. That happens a lot with the cakes and cookies at my Costco.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the cupcakes. Pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. We need the luck! I'll get pictures one way or another!!

      Delete
  4. Bet your cupcakes turn out beautiful!
    No quilt fabric I can't believe it.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooper sure is looking good again, thank God! Do you not like the rice at Panda???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, but I like the noodles better ... and I'm trying to use up this bag of rice.

      Delete
  6. If you have bad back, it would be wise to follow Barney's advice.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your cupcakes.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my plan is to always find some nice strong MAN to lift them for me! We'll see how that goes! LOL

      Delete
  7. That cartoon photo is too funny :-) Btw there is a JoAnn store in the Sierra Vista Mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever BEEN in Sierra Vista Mall. I'm running out of time, but will sure keep that on my list.

      Delete
  8. The tanks in our camper are above my shoulders. Easy to get down when empty, but a pain to get back up when they are full. I'll see if Barb can take a few pictures for an upcoming blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they the same size? Yeah, that's like trying to lift a good sized kid in the air!! Mine are at waist level, so lots easier.

      Delete