Sunday, January 21, 2024

You Know What THIS Is .....

We interrupt this program for an important message.  It's raining and it should continue for three days.  That is all.

Oh yeah ... the BIG TENT show in Quartzsite with everything RV, including RV's to buy.  We got there an hour early.  Seems lots of people have figured that out.  In 20 minutes, we were not alone as car after car came streaming in.  


Another interruption:  Most lucky for me, when my phone hit the water, it went in head first and the attached cord kept the important end out of the water.  I snatched it out, dried it off, used my best butcher knife to remove the plastic cover and VOILA!!  It didn't seem too bad and it still works.  That's a good thing since I denied any kind of damage coverage.  I used it to take all these pictures, so all seems to be okay.  That was a close one!

Here we are standing at the gate by the RV sales lot, waiting not so patiently.  In no time there was a line clear back to the parking area.  WOW ... I've haven't seen this many people here in years!!


At 9:00 on the dot, they opened the gate.  You can see, we were one of the first in the building.  NICE!!


Here's Patsy and Bill contemplating hummingbird feeders.  No sales yet since they already have one.


In less than five minutes we were elbow to elbow.  Patsy and I wandered down the aisles, not purchasing anything.  We must be sick!!  Many of the old timers no longer come here, like the Tire Tracker guys, but if you want pretzels and dip ... this is the place.  I went down the line twice before picking up a few more. I will tell you to bring lots of money.  Prices seem much higher.  

These kids make up for it.  I love the puppies who get their own chairs to hang out in.


Still not packed, as Patsy and I hit every table for candy and pens.  I think I picked up about ten and so far three of them do not work.  The pots and pans were being displayed and cooked on, and the big tall heaters were a nice warm spot to stand.  I think there were more technical things I wasn't interested in this year.


There were a few dog fights.  Why they don't just leave them home is beyond me.  Your dog would be MUCH happier!  This cutie was bundled up from the cold.


This?  I could use this for sure.  After all this lifting Cooper in and out of the rig five times a day, I'm ready for a nice hot tub.


In case you need some socks, they have them in every style of dog on the planet.  These things sell like hotcakes!!


This one ... this is for Mr. Chance.  I won't ask him if he remembers, because Patty and I remind him constantly.  See that long stick thing?


Not one, but THREE for the price of one!  As seen on TV!!  How could we resist.  Push it down, it spins around and whips up anything from eggs to whipped cream.  I threw mine away after finding it still unused in the drawer two years later.  


The chicken guys were there again, barbecuing deliciousness.  It being only 10:00 in the morning, we passed.


Here's a new one ... fire without wood.  It's some kind of stick with holes, all attached to your propane tank.  It actually put out quite a bit of heat.  No muss, no fuss, no ashes.


Then, just for the heck of it, we looked at some of the RVs.  Bill said he saw a Phaeton previously that I might like.  It was a 2015, with a layout better than my 2012.  I loved it ... and for $239,000, it could be mine.  They even take trade-ins he said ... at full value.  That's because they up the price of the rig you are buying.  Too bad it was a 40 footer.  I might have thought twice if it was a 36.

Then we looked at this.  What was this Patsy?  A 2002 Monaco?  


I loved the modern orange chairs.  Instead we looked at another one for something like $600,000.  Woohoo!  Fabulous to live in, terrible on maintenance.


We all decided we liked our own better ... except for that Phaeton .... maybe they will lower the price!  Nah .... it's too big for just me and the kid.

THIS kid on the other hand, would be happy to drag his scruffy along the floor in the big rig for 45 feet!!  I swear, this is the happiest dog in the entire world!!


In the end, I came home with a container of Happy Camper and some dip mix that I use with pasta.  Nothing was cheap.  Maybe Tyson Wells will have more things that like our wallets better.  

In case you were wondering ... case of water $8.00, dozen eggs $4.59, ice cream $7.99 ... no one said Quartzsite was CHEAP!!

The rain continues this morning as I think we are heading to Parker.  It's going to be a wet one!







20 comments:

  1. Started raining off and on right around dark and is still going.
    The tent is not for us. Riley does not do well in crowds, that would be too much, add the dogs and the noise…. Not fun. Also I agree too expensive. Mr. Cooper looked very excited to see you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand you not wanting to go. It's back to the old days where you can barely walk it's so crowded.

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun looking at all of the RVs.
    Be safe on the road!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if you get a good salesman like we did. He was funny and didn't care if we didn't want to buy. No hard sell.

      Delete
  3. We love the crowds, don't we?? Haha, but i know they aren't for everyone. Boy we got a lot of chocolate!!
    I agree about that Phaeton but that 2013 was pretty incredible. Gibbs would love the 45'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A LOT of chocolate!!! I have an entire ziplok bag full!

      Delete
  4. The people watching is as entertaining as the tent itself. Good restraint on not buying that Phaeton, I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a simple reason I didn't buy. I know the price of the maintenance involved. Besides, smaller is better.

      Delete
  5. Gotta love them Niners! Don't know if you watched the game at all, but it was exciting. This is the FIRST Football game I watched outside of Arny's Garage since the 'kneeling' started and Krappernick started his 'Crap'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get to watch that game ... the story today!

      Delete
  6. Since we aren't into all the freebees, we took the word of one of the vendors and waited until the Monday to check out the Big Tent. Besides, we had already gotten anything we needed at Tyson Wells Merchants.
    Be Safe with that Rain and Enjoy the smaller crowds in Parker.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. We just go for the excitement! And the candy!!

      Delete
  7. Went to lunch yesterday - why so many people out walking around? Barrett-Jackson Auction started yesterday. I'm staying home today! Spring training starts soon....will stay home until May! I'm not a crowd person either.....get in and get out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a crowd person either. It's just fun to see all the new crazy inventions they sell. Surprisingly, nothing new this year. I mean after 13 years of RV'ing, I have everything I need and then some.

      Delete
  8. We were camped. at LaPosa North LTVA for our View/Navion Rally this last week. Beautiful weather, sunrises and sunsets. It is a great refresher in boondocking, with help just outside your door if needed. Always fun to meet up with old friends and meet new ones.Did the Big tent (which we can walk to) several years ago. One and done. A group went on to Yuma, told them about the fabric stores you mentioned. Enjoy your time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I like the cool weather better than the hot. You are definitely right ... it's all about the company and the instant help any time you need it. To be honest, the Big Tent is exactly the same every year. Rarely anything changes.

      Delete
  9. Kind of off-topic RV heating Similar to Mr. buddy why not look into a blue flame brick heater? (But not in the Big Tent but online or Northern hydraulics better pricing )If you get one that has the thermostat, run it all day shut it off at night if you feel comfortable They come in two sizes with thermostat they use a radiant ceramic brick. With built in safety features. Save big time on your propane bill .. And yes, you can place it up against the wall which they recommend because it uses propane I would have a certified Gas plumber, install it for your peace of mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for FYI that hot tub my neighbor has one behind me. She spent $250 for it she’s used it three times. And had heating modular issues From day one It takes a day and a half to heat 100 gallons to 104°

      Delete
    2. Sounds like something to look into. My problem is the gas used ... I have a parrot that will die from any unburned fuel. It wasn't a problem when I had six household batteries ... but now I only have two. Gosh, I had no idea it took so long to heat up water in a hot tub. On the other hand, I have not one square inch of space to store it.

      Delete
  10. Mr. Ed asks where you went to the RV tent show Did you have a visor open cap hat? Brown jacket pair of jeans and walking sneakers????

    ReplyDelete