Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Trying, But Falling Short

 This is what it SHOULD look like in the desert.  Gorgeous sunsets and sunrises, making for lots of adventures in the warm sun.  It fell a little short today.


Just for giggles, I decided to vacuum all the rocks off the floor.  I wasn't feeling it, which is probably why I got a little too close to the towel on the floor, on which Coopers water bowl sits.  Yessirree ... it sucked that thing right up, along with half the water in the bowl.  

In my defense, it's hard to turn that thing off.  Water went flying everywhere and Cooper ran for cover.  I've no doubt my vacuum is now full of mud.  It took fifteen minutes of cleanup before I just put it away.  Better luck next time.  

The sunrise on this morning had all the markings of being a spectacular one, like I hoped to be at poker pool.  Cooper and I wandered around the park while waiting for it to materialize.


It tried it's best to be brilliant, but alas fell a tad bit short, like me at poker pool.  Love the purple clouds, but the orange spectacle never did materialize.


This was the best it (and I) could do today.  A tie for 4th.


Lucky for us pool players, this time it was NOT raining at 9:00 when we headed over to the clubhouse.  No, I'm not getting any better at pool.  I just keep hoping everyone else will drop those balls in the pockets that correspond to the cards in my hand.  

Here's Patsy the bookkeeper keeping track of who does what, whose turn it is and who won.  It's not me, so I rarely pay attention.  Some of these gals have their own pool cues ... so there's that!!


Though I had planned to go shopping at whatever I could find open, it was really cold and a little windy.  I'm glad I changed my mind, because as you can see, it's raining quite a bit.  Steady, as it were, all day long.  


Here's the weather guessers latest guess ... and it was heading right for us.  Better to be inside and dry, yes?  In fact, it rained so hard I couldn't even hear my TV in my little cabin.  


So as not to end the day on a wet note, everyone decided it was happy hour time at Silly Als Pizza.  You knew that was going to happen.  I've never been here that I did not partake.  I'm a pizza fanatic.

We were meeting at 5:15, but you know how the parking can be.  Patsy, Bill and I left at 4:45, only to find the lot completely full.  Lucky for us, someone left from a spot big enough to park Black Beauty.  Let the waiting begin!!  We harassed the guy seating people until he finally got a table for NINE, but it took him an hour and fifteen minutes to find it.  This was our view from the outside waiting room.


Since it's hard to get pictures, I snatched this one secretly, but Patsy caught me.  Patsy and Bill, Kim and Ken along with the daughter whose name escapes me (bad Nancy), Tom and Deb and Keith.  Check out Patsy's blog for better pictures.


Since it's happy hour, I ordered up a special.  I bet NO ONE will ever guess what this is ... because I didn't believe it was actually what I ordered.  Give me some guesses and I'll tell you tomorrow if you were right. 


From parking lot to pizza on the table was about 2-1/2 hours, but worth it if you like pizza.  We would have settled all the world's problems, but as you know, it's noisy there.  I couldn't hear anyone.  As Patsy said, it makes you think you are going deaf!!

This is it ..... my lovely Al's Combo ... ready to be devoured.  This one did NOT fall short!  It was worth every minute of the wait.  I didn't get far, but you know why.  My plan was to take at least half of it home so I don't have to cook.  


Our timing was perfect because when we came out, it was not raining.  It did come down a few times during the night though.  We have a 30-40% chance of rain all day long, and it's staying rather chilly.

Of course first thing this morning, I discovered I'm almost completely out of propane, so you know what I'll be doing today!!!  Stay dry everyone!!






18 comments:

  1. Silly Al's is the place to be on cold rainy days. First time there, we made the mistake of ordering the Kingsize. We ate pizza for the next week.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rather large. Only ordered that once! LOL

      Delete
  2. We like going to Silly Al's around 11 am for an early lunch. The week of the big tent, no way LOL. Pizza looked really good, drink looks interesting and delicious. Possibly a beer margarita made with pink lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess ... and it sounds delicious! The wait is always worth it at Silly Als ... I just need to get my mind right ahead of time.

      Delete
  3. It rained here all day as well. The sunset was very pretty though.
    That is a big table!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8am and now I WANT PIZZA!! Great am pics ~ dark and cloudy here. When the rain is done at your house it heads over to mine.....darn. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh that pizza is good!!! It rained so much, I'm surprised there was any left!

      Delete
  5. That pizza looks fabulous!
    Clear weather here today.
    Rain predicted tomorrow.
    Enjoy your day.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys got some king tides that were pretty crazy. Hope you are not near any flood zones!!

      Delete
  6. We met friends at Silly Al's on Monday for lunch...little after 11 am. Found parking & no table problem. When we left room was crowded & parking tight. Enjoyed & was able to Communicate with friends. A great time to avoid crowds & wait. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Lynn ... earlier is definitely better.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Very close Dave!! It's was margarita all right, but they forgot the alcohol!! NOT what I ordered.

      Delete
  8. PS I want Patsy's drink and your pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? Actually we both had the same pizza, and next time I'll have HER drink.

      Delete
  9. No idea about the drink, but that pizza looks mighty good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene I think it's the best pizza I've ever had.

      Delete