Monday, January 22, 2024

What To Do ..... It's Raining!

First off, it's a lovely 50 degrees at 4 am, meaning it's going to rain all day long.  The good news is that thanks to Mr. Ed for finding my coffee online and a big thanks to Frances for actually SENDING me a case ... I have plenty to enjoy all day long while watching the water fall from the sky.

There's lots to do around Quartzsite ... when the sun shines.  When it's this cold, it's a different story.  The clouds rolled in pretty early and the rain came down.  Not a gullywasher flooding the entire town as rumored by the locals (I think to get everyone to go home), but a nice rain nonetheless.


Luckily there was a break in the wet so Cooper could go outside, but the breeze kept up all day.  By the end of the day, it was still 61 degrees.


SO ... laundry it is!!  I was in the door by 7:30 and out 30 minutes later.  The good news is that I located all three of the rallies I'm supposed to attend.  They are all outside of town, so I'll be driving here and there.


But first ... I'll woo Cooper into sleeping so I can slip out the door to go grocery shopping with Patsy and Bill.  Off we went to the big town of Parker for groceries.


I'm sure you all know that it is a Walmart.  I was pretty shocked when I got so few items for so much money.  I even made the kid come over and go through the charges.  WOW ... is this pup of mine eating filet mignon??  Apparently!!  I spent $30.00 just on food and one treat for him!  I should eat so well.

Well ... I guess I do since I'd rather have Tillamook ice cream.


A  N  D   ... look here!  My favorite Toffee Crunch Oreos.  These are SO tasty!!


When I got back, Bill, Patsy and I had a long conversation about Starlink.  I did not realize that was for the internet.  I thought it was like Direct TV or Dish Network.  That brought up my TV problem.  I usually get three satellites with my Traveler Winegard dish.  It seems I'm only getting TWO, neither of which have the football games I want to watch.  I was also getting a notice of no satellite connection for local channels.

I placed a call to Dish Network and asked for a TECH.  Never believe them ... she said she was a tech, but today I found out she lied.  I explained the problem to her and she had me do test after test.  Nothing.  You are not getting the satellite she said ... you need repairs ... and we won't do it.   I had her delete the local channels.  I wasn't getting them, so why pay for them.

Today I called Satellite Advantage in Quartzsite and explained my problem.  The wonderfully nice lady said they don't USE that satellite any more ... that the local channels are available on the satellites I am receiving.  WHAT???  BUT THAT GIRL SAID!!  No, all you have to do is give them your zip code.  The error code will then go away.

I'm sure you know just how fast I called Dish Network.  I explained everything yet again, gave him a zip code and he said OH YEAH!!  He added my local channels back and VOILA!!  I had the football games.  That was all I wanted ... to watch the playoff games!!

We're back in business baby ... just in time to see the Detroit Lions win that playoff game for the first time ever.

I wasn't the only happy camper ... Bill cut up some wood for Jonathan to chew on.  You should have heard him talk up a storm!  Jonathan says thank you very much Bill.


They say rain most of the day for the next two days.  There probably won't be much shopping, investigating or Happy Houring ... but poker pool is on the menu this morning.  Depending on the rain, I may be off to visit the gathering of Golden Spikes.






17 comments:

  1. There is this thing called INSIDE happy hour. Lol.
    Rain here as well. Coolish but not really cold, windier today than yesterday.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sadly it won't be in my rig ... WAY too small! LOL
      Got pretty cool here ... enough to keep my heater going.

      Delete
  2. Foggy in Wellton this morning. Watching football? Those were the good old days. I remember when I could watch football. It looks like Bill and Jonathan will be besties. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elva, there's nothing worse than not getting internet services. They must have had a good hacker! Got my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. The Lions did well last night....loved the game. Good you were able to watch the game.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they won. They deserve it after all these years.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you got your TV stations working.
    It's pouring here this morning.
    Have a good day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got the brunt of that storm Frances. Do you remember the flooding at McSwain so many years ago?

      Delete
  5. How nice of Frances! Even Walmarts prices are up there, but still the best place to go. We've got skies that look like yours today, not much rain though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a gem and very thoughtful!! Lucky, cuz you would have had snow, yes?

      Delete
  6. I enjoy your blog. After years of frustration with DirecTV we decided to give YouTube Tv a try. It’s been great. Threw away the portable dish. You need to have unlimited data on your cell phone plan and a connection wherever you are at. We have T-Mobile. Here’s a link for more info - https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/


    Once you connect you just use the YouTube TV app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting ... never heard of connecting that way. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on the Tillamook!!
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to get some Tillamook but it freezer is too full. Good! We don't need it right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time being in this rig for so long. I am finding the freezer to be WAY too small!!!!!

      Delete
  9. I heard it was a good one. At least I didn't miss KC's win. Close games.

    ReplyDelete