Thursday, January 11, 2024

Fuel for Everyone

 It's hard getting up when it's cold.  Not that cold because as you know, I have a parrot that requires lots of warm.  Cooper didn't exactly want to get up either.  Snug as a bug in a rug.


After a nice breakfast of ham and eggs ... least that's what Cooper got ... we headed out.  Little did I know just how far he planned to take me.  Round and round the park we walked for four miles.  This is a nice little dog park, but I never saw anyone use it, including me.  You never know if everyone has their dogs vaccinated or not.  They are open here year round.  I stayed once a few years ago mid summer.  I'm sure I used more electricity than I paid for the overnighter.


I decided I was going to rest the entire day after that marathon walk, since I was headed to Yuma today.  The jello jiggled and plans changed when I checked the weather.  Yikes ... 20-25 mph winds along the entire route with 45 mph gusts.  It was a lose-lose proposition.  It's 4:30 am and the wind is already banging things about.  I'm staying put until the weather gets better.

So ... let's watch some TV.  If only ..... yes I laughed too.  I'm watching it through my slide out window.  It's a huge TV, but most of the time I have to guess what's going on.


I could have done a lot of things, but just going for fuel for the truck was enough exercise after that long walk.  I passed this thing along the way.  I've no idea what it is.  Indio does have its weird side.  I found a Circle K way on the other side of the freeway with a diesel price of $4.59 a gallon.  Everyone else was $5.65.  You GO Circle K!!!  


Since everyone else got their full meal for the day, I decided I would get some takeout.  It was no choice when all I saw was Taco Bell, McDonalds and Panda Express.  For $10.00 I brought home dinner for four days.  It's probably not good for you, but I love this stuff!!!  It can't be ALL bad ... it's got broccoli!!


Two more one mile walks and I was feeling pretty beat up.  I can't believe this kid can out walk me at his age.  Yeah, two seconds after this picture, he was sound asleep.  


I spent some time doing RV rally work ... sending out notices of where to meet, along with the all important stuff ... dues to be paid.  I'm beginning to think that being Treasurer is much more work than being President.  One meetup is already going on in Blythe.  Not sure I have time to make that one today.

That's it ... that's all we did all day long.  I did discover if you want to stay at this park, it runs $500 a month.  Not bad at all considering all the electricity you use to either keep warm or keep cool.  I may just have to come back for a longer stay.

As of right now, it's 55 degrees, rain is coming in about 45 minutes and the wind is up to 20 mph.  Yup it's going to be a different kind of day!




16 comments:

  1. $500 a month is pretty dang good, especially if it includes electricity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a month long stay, you may have to pay electricity. I forgot to ask that.

      Delete
  2. Yep, that's some strange art work and they probably paid a fortune for it! Looks like a beautiful park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a good place to stay. And surprisingly QUIET!! Lots of Canadians here.

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what that art work is.
    Beautiful park!
    Enjoy your day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if it were in a park, but it's sitting in a very unkempt parking lot!

      Delete
  4. Funny how some parks make you pay for electricity (even though they charge you a thousand bucks just to stay there) while others don't make you pay separately for electricity (even when they are charging a much smaller fee to stay there). Even if they make you pay separate for electricity, $500 a month is a DEAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cheap living if you want to be here all summer long, and the spaces are fairly far apart.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't imagine driving as far as you do Deb. You are a lot braver than I.

      Delete
  6. If only you could sleep like Cooper does......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess $500 a month in CA is okay but we're spoiled here so it is hard to judge. I wondered why you didn't get ham and eggs too but your Panda Express meals loook pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Patsy ... it is less expensive where you are, especially since you have solar. I get a little ham here and there, but mostly save it for the kid since he's such a picky eater!!

      Delete
  8. We had a plan to move today, also. The wind changed the plan quickly. $500.a month seems like a great price. Safe.travels.
    Deb and Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this is an example of what you guys have been having, I want none of it! It's okay if parked, but not for driving!!

      Delete