Monday, January 29, 2024

Music Fest Goodbyes

Prepare to be regaled with song!!  Patsy stopped by and asked if I wanted to hear the locals playing and singing.  There were a few ukuleles, a piano player, a bass fiddle and several guitars.  What could be better?  

I give these folks lots of credit for getting out there and playing their hearts out.  As they go around the circle, each person gets to pick the song of their choice that the whole group plays while they sing.  One guy even whistles magnificently.  So here we go ... click the button!!! 


Okay, so everyone doesn't have an ear for being on key, but they enjoy their get-together and it gets them out of their rigs into like company.  I applaud them for making the world a little more musical. 


I almost forgot it was football playoff day.  I had lots of packing to do since I'm leaving first thing this morning for Tucson.  I'll be hanging out with Dan the Harley Man and his Chef wife Miss Patty.  I'm betting we will even find a fabric store or five!!

I also told Deb and Tom I would stop by for a last visit.  The morning disappeared fast, so I drove out to wherever that is ... in the middle of nowhere ... to try and find them amid a sea of roads and RV's.  I don't know how, but I found their rig.

I apologize for no pictures.  We were talking so much I completely forgot.  I met Melissa and Lyle, down from the great country of Canada.  It happens they live where some long lost remnants of my family live ... near Vancouver.  Melissa says she a blogstalker that doesn't comment.  That works for me!!  It was wonderful to meet up with them.  Kim and Ken were there also, along with lots of laughs.  Happy Hours are the BEST.  I'm going to miss these wonderful people.

Sadly, I had to return too soon to get things done in order to bug out early this morning.  I dumped my tanks without making a single mistake.  It's a miracle!!  Unhooking and resetting the multiple switches in order to get water by water pump, was another story altogether.  I finally got it, hoping I didn't blow anything out.  It's working, so maybe I dodged a bullet.


I was able to watch the end of the Chiefs winning game and most of the San Francisco game.  Talk about exciting.  I can't believe after the great start Detroit had, that SF was able to win.  This is going to be a GREAT Super Bowl.

And so ends another saga in Quartzsite as I take off yet again for hopefully sunny skies.  I hate saying goodbye, but I'll see them again soon.  The sunset one night ago wasn't all that great.


This one turned out to be a fabulous goodbye.   It started off on the shy side.


And just kept getting better and better.  It was almost a 360 degree sunset.


Weird skies right next to it looked exactly like this.  No, my camera did not make it blurry.  It was just different.


And ended with this.  Thank you Quartzsite ....


I'll see you again soon!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Happy everything went well and that you got to visit the bunch again. Safe travels.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Deb. Sure glad I got to hang with you and Riley for a time. Maybe next year you can be my Algodones tour guide!

      Delete
  2. Safe travels this morning. Yesterday morning and evening were the best = PINK/RED !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it something? I love it when you get a 360 degree sunset.

      Delete
  3. Safe travels Nancy!
    Pictures are beautiful.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. So far it's been a great trip.

      Delete
  4. All good things must come to an end. Seems you had a good time at that place. Btw, admiring your black tank hose and support, so fashionable, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marlene ... let me set you up!!! It actually came from the ShadePro booth at Tyson Wells. I was hoping for black, but they only had red in my size. The sewer hoses are an old variety ... very well made. Been using them for 13 years. I think they came from ... plug your ears ... Camping World.

      Delete
  5. Good times with good people and cute babies. Thank you for the updates on the 9ers - Lions game. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Elva for all the advice!! GREAT people to hang out with, for sure.

      Delete
  6. Safe Travels Nancy !
    A bummer the Lions lost.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so far ahead. I wanted them to go to the Super Bowl for the first time. Sad they lost.

      Delete
  7. Ahh Gibbs my best bud .... I miss him already!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to meet you and enjoy some Happy Hours together Nancy!

    ReplyDelete