Wednesday, January 31, 2024

My Teeth Hurt

 I'm sure we all know what that means.  I picked up the crud in Quartzsite.  Could have been from anywhere, in spite of all my hand washing.  My teeth hurt and I've been coughing all morning.  No temperature, no sore throat and no covid symptoms.  Just a stuffed up head, headache and chest congestion.  I'll survive I'm sure, but it's definitely cutting into my quilt fabric investigation plans.

The first thing yesterday morning, we were serenaded by the Coyote Quartet.  Brave little guys.  They came within a hundred feet of my rig.  Cooper could care less.  He was sound asleep.


It was early, and I felt bad, but laundry waits for no man ... or woman.  I hauled my container up to the office and peeked inside.  The instant I did, some guy threw a bunch of clothes into the SECOND machine.  He already had the first one full.

Oh .. only two machines I asked?  Mind if I use one.  YES was the answer, my stuff is already in the machine.  My bad ... But you just put it in there when you saw me open the door ... aren't you a nice guy for sharing.  I left. 

Back at the rig with the still dirty clothes, Cooper was sound asleep in his chair.


In case you were wondering, Jonathan is plenty warm with his ceramic heater.  It's actually much warmer here, so it's not a problem.


More coughing, and my teeth hurt so bad I took a couple Tylenol.  Some of that tomato soup and toast made me feel a tad bit better, and eventually the Tylenol took hold.


Just in time for some freezer caramel corn.  Gosh this stuff is tasty.


For those that didn't know about the Pima County Fairgrounds RV park, they have probably 75-100 spaces, full hookups for $250 a week.  You get a discount with Good Sam or Escapees.  Yes that adds up to $1,000 for a month, but Elva reminded me that's only $35 a night.  Quartzsite is a bargain!!  They do not take reservations here, so check their event calendar.  If there is no big rally going on, they usually have space.

We ended the night with yet another fabulous sunset.  Hopefully today I heal up a bit more so I can get to work on my to-do list.  Tombstone, visit readers, look for quilt material, oil change on my truck ... so much to do!!!


You'll love this one ... I was sound asleep last night when my phone started going off.  What the heck?  What day was it yesterday?  That's right ... BINGO day.  At 10:30 the guys called because they couldn't figure out how to close out either the infernal machine or the debit card machine.  Ten minutes later they were good to go and I was wide awake.  

I can tell you, I will be chained to my recliner for probably the next two days.  I ache all over and feel like I got pulled through a knothole backwards.  Oh the joys of a bad chest cold.


24 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. I've been living on DayQuil and NyQuil for over a week now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you caught the crud! I guess it's an excuse to sit and relax a bit. A beautiful sunset! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's true because it's a sure thing I'm not going anywhere.

      Delete
  3. Try to rest as much as you can. Eat chicken soup and drink 7-up or Gatorade. You and Cooper can snuggle all day !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wish I could ... resting yes. Everything else requires a trip to the store, which I'm not up for yet.

      Delete
  4. That sunset was a doozie!! Great picture!
    Tombstone always fun and I like Bisbee too. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those colors. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. The weather may make it easier to cozy up, rest, hydrate and get better. Looking forward to hearing about your quest for fabric down there. LOL, I am up here in Wickenburg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'll get there. I've heard a lot about Wickenburg. Cowboy roping capital of the world!

      Delete
  6. Are there only 2 washing machines for the entire rv park? I hope you have an outside chair. It looks like 2 days of sunshine. You can sit outside and enjoy the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... two in the entire park with 250 RV and tent camp sites.

      Delete
  7. Nancy I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope can rest for a few days.
    Take care!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances. I have four days to heal up for Super Bowl!!

      Delete
  8. The theme song from Rocky played in my head. Lol.
    Some decongestant, throat lozenges, and tissues are a must.
    Do you remember the Vicks Nasal tubes? Stick it up your nose and sniff. lol. Of course you do. You can get them at Walmart, they worked wonders on the stuffy nose.
    Get better soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I just have to get well enough to GET to Walmart! LOL

      Delete
  9. Having the Crud is not fun. Vick's has lots of things that will help you get through this.
    I remember having to schedule my wash time at an Escapees Park.
    Be Safe and get better.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Vicks is good. I'm getting some to leave in the rig.

      Delete
  10. Ya, that "FLU" is going around (my Mom called any illness during the winter a "FLU" unless identified as measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc. So just about everything else in the winter is "THE FLU") You get around other people, you get what they got, which is why we are very selective in where we go during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly true Dave ... I just thought I was being careful. Apparently I was not! LOL

      Delete
  11. Yikes that sounds horrible! I tried not to spread it but what you have is a whole different ballgame than what we had. Sorry, I hope it is short- lived!😘 hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally different Patsy. Don't know where I got it, but it stinks!!!!

      Delete
    2. It stinks when you get sick and live by yourself, remember when drug store made deliveries? Hope you feel better soon. Doris from Pa.

      Delete
    3. You are so right Doris!! Thank you!!

      Delete