Saturday, January 27, 2024

Chip Clips and Corn!!

 We all keep hoping Mother Nature will put on her most fabulous dress and heat up the countryside, but alas, it's 39 degrees this morning.  Brrrrrrr!!

Cooper and I stayed in as long as possible.  Guess what we did.  It seems there's a bit of morning hair there.  You should see mine!!

Patsy and I walked over to the Dollar Store for an interesting find, but I'll share that tomorrow.


There was only one plan of action on this date.  Hit up the Big Tent one more time.  I contacted one of the RV groups to find they all bugged out due to the cold.  See ... I'm not the only one trying to stay warm, but at least I'm plugged in!!  

We luckily found a spot to park, offered by a nice gentleman who was leaving.


It was still crowded, even this late in the game.  I got a couple more packages of dip mix while Patsy grabbed more Yak Cheese.  What's that you ask?  Hard as a rock chew bones for Mr. Gibbs.  He loves them.

Next up, a drive through the dreaded Tyson Wash to the market one block away.  It looked like a few people might be spending the night there.  You have to be very careful where you park.  Bill knows all the back roads, took a right and we were parked in minutes.  As usual, he went one way and we went the other.

Next to the kitchen store we found stuff ... lots of stuff ... but amazingly this year we could do without most of it.


Patsy and I wandered back through the rows admiring the pretty colors.  What amazes me most is the outfits people wear.  I wasn't rude ... didn't take any pictures ... but it's crazy what you can see here.  If you've been, you know!


At the kitchen store, Patsy mentioned she needed clips for chip bags.  We didn't find any there, but I did find these.  I tried to convince her they would work just fine, but she wasn't having any of it.


On the way out, I was rather fascinated by this metal palm tree.  It even had coconuts.  I might have bought the life-size buffalo for my front yard, but figured it would just get stolen.


So here's the haul.  Carmel corn, up $2.00 from last year's $8.00 a bag (and I think the bag is smaller).  A Shadepro Visor from 2023 for $1.00, a $5.00 pink stainless steel drinking cup for my Pepsi (and it's a GREAT one), not one, but TWO little black flashlights for $2.00 each and more of that Hickory Bacon dip mix.  I think we ran through another two packs of pretzels, just trying them all again ... sort of a snack before dinner.  I thought I was exceedingly good with my impulse control today.


All that Caramel corn made me rearrange the freezer for the eighth time in order to get at least half the bag stuffed in there.  If you didn't know, it freezes really well and stays fresh as can be until you polish it off.  That meant eating up some of Silly Al's pizza for dinner.  Boy do I love this stuff!


The sunset was less than climactic ... this is looking south.  There was nothing to see looking West.


I settled in with Cooper and a book given to me by Patsy.  Appropriate, yes?  I love it!!


I've got more visiting to do today, but it's time to start packing up the small stuff.  I may even have to hit the Dollar Store ONE MORE TIME!!




16 comments:

  1. Cooper is adorable! Looks like you did good shopping. I never would have thought you could freeze caramel corn! Learned something new this am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That popcorn tip is weird, but it works. Never tried it on regular, but the caramel works great!!

      Delete
  2. Cooper looks like he is ready to play ball...sweet picture.
    Enjoy your time in Q.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would eat the caramel corn until gone!
    Sunset the same here.....kind of pale colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that would normally be me too, but I try to spread it out over a week or so.

      Delete
  4. Ok, the Librarian is coming out in me here.... Chicken Soup for the Soul turned into a series with more than 250 titles, 500 million copies in print in over 40 languages. The original book, which came out in 1993, was rejected by major publishers in New York but accepted by a small, self-help publisher in Florida called HCI (Health Communications Inc). Yes, HCI is still publishing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read many of them, but not the horse lovers group. Problem is, the first one made me cry, so I had to put it down! LOL

      Delete
  5. OMG I didn't know you can freeze caramel corn.
    I will be freezing some from now on!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works great on about three flavors. I haven't tried freezing regular, so I'm not sure about that one. Makes it last a lot longer!

      Delete
  6. Instead of looking for bag clips use a clothes pin or two. I have wooden ones and small plastic ones for use on any open bag, they reside in my cutlery drawer all the time. I keep at least 6 there. The are freezer friendly, easier to find and use than twist ties or the little plastic bread clips, etc.
    I like the cup, not my colour but ….lol. I did not know you could freeze pop corn.
    Yeah the herd of life size buffalo would look lovely on the lawn…not my choice but….. lol. (I hear Jeff Foxworthy ..you might be a redneck if…lol)
    I hope Jonathan is warm.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb you make me laugh! Clothespins ... a good idea and cheaper! Not my color of cup either, but that's the only color they had. Definitely YES on Jeff F!!! LOL

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the information on freezing the caramel corn. I love those Mexican blankets but I just don't need any more blankets....sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blanket colors, but have too many quilts!

      Delete
  8. We had fun touring and tasting this dips again. Gibbs will be good for a long time with his task cheese treats.
    Dave above knows way too much about the Chicken Soup books! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave knows EVERYTHING about books!!! And he can find information on anything you might want to know.

      Delete