Friday, January 12, 2024

Lockup

Well ... a deep subject ... it was an interesting day.  In case you didn't know, lockup is just a couple streets away.  Yessirree ... that RV rally we usually have in Indio?  The Fairgrounds sold a good portion of their plot to the Sheriff's Department for their Jail.  You can wave at the prisoners from any corner.  Don't pick up hitchhikers and keep your doors locked.  It's not that bad really ... if you didn't know it, you wouldn't know it.

That was no problem today, since I didn't leave the rig until late.  Turn up your sound if you want the FEEL of it.  This was only the 14 mph winds.  It got up to 25 mph before slowing down a tad.


Since Cooper was chomping at the bit to get out, I finally said okay, against my better judgement.  That wind just sucks the juice out of you.  He was fine, but my eyes thought I was in a sandstorm.  Try as I might to steer him back home, he was having none of it.  

In no time, we were lost.  You know those rules that say don't walk through anyone's space?  Yes we did.  Luckily I didn't end up in lockup.  This place is crazy huge and roads go everywhere.  I finally had to ask where the main gate was.  Finally, we made it back home.


That happened just in time to head out with my I NEED THIS list.  I can't explain it, but it's taking me some time to get into the you-have-to-live-in-this-space mode.  Everything I have is to get by the  three day drive to Tucson.  I need important things like paper towels and soap.  And so I was off to the Walmart Neighborhood Store.

NOT even a real Walmart.  They don't have enough people to bring in the carts, so I tried to go back out and get one.  The ALARM went off.  Are you kidding?  I didn't even pick up one item yet!!  Off to lockup I go!!

Luckily, the nice guy got a cart for me and didn't put me in jail.  Who knew you couldn't go OUT the IN door?  As I walked around however .... I was surprised at everything ELSE under LOCKUP.  Makeup, razors ... crazy stuff.  You would think the expensive FOOD would be under lock and key.  


I got most of what I needed, or at least what I remembered (which wasn't everything) and headed out the door.  No alarm this time, but I was almost blown away by the wind.

Later in the afternoon, it finally let up, the dust settled and the nice warm sun came out.  Yeah, Cooper drug me on yet another walk.  He's SO demanding!!  This time I took the map.  Yes, he insists on sitting with me in my chair and it's a rather tight fit.


The rest of the day was spent reading and watching cool Egyptian history programs through my RV window.  I did take time to fill up with a little more water.  What a pain that is, since I'm always afraid to turn those little valves and blow something out like I've read on Facebook.  

And so this morning I'm off for Yuma.  Not early however.  That ugly windy day cost me the opening day of the quilt show.   It's okay because honestly, what I don't need is more fabric.  I'm sure I got 5 more miles per gallon of fuel without the weight of 20 boxes of fabric I'm usually carrying around.  

Oh wait ... anyone heard of the fabric store at the Arizona Marketplace in Yuma???


 


22 comments:

  1. Cooper smiling is precious. He's one happy doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were at our daughters in PA, I went to Home Depot to get some electrical wire. Yup, locked up! So stupid. Not stupid that they did it, stupid that they HAD to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! They gave out too much free money ... now some people think everything should be free for them. Makes me crazy!

      Delete
  3. 2019 was the last year we looks stayed in Tucson for a few weeks. That Neighborhood Walmart already had some shelves locked up. The ice machine was by the door. There was a padlock on it. I'm looking out the window right now. Nothing is moving. Looks like you are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I don't know why "looks" is in that first sentence!

      Delete
    2. You were right Elva ... Yuma is sunny and bright!!

      Delete
  4. Ok, so they lock up make up etc. You call someone to give it to you, put it in your cart and then go to check out. What's to say if you're a thief you don't slip it in your pocket and go. Geez, so ridiculous. Sad. Enjoy the drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm ... you are right. I bet they never thought of that! I guess maybe you would only steal two or three instead of ten! LOL

      Delete
  5. Safe travels Nancy!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... it was a good driving day.

      Delete
  6. In Sacramento my sister was telling me all the things they locked up at the Walmart she likes to go to...Toothpaste, Soaps, Lipstick, etc. Personally, I would rather have them bring the stuff out to my car, something that Walmart is doing real well. I like how they have the 'pick up' area away from the normal flow of foot traffic, generally using a side staff entrance/exit that they bring the stuff out to you from. I HATE how many grocery stores have their pickup right near the front door, blocking off 6-10 parking spaces that were being used by people who wanted to come into the store and shop, making them park further away from the entrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree ... I like the pickup areas at Walmart. Plus, I don't overspend by buying everything I see in the store.

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of or seen things locked up in a Walmart! Strange.
    Cooper is so cute, can you imagine Gibbs, 25 lbs, squeezing into that space beside you? Well, yes you can, because you have been here and don't mind his company. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cooper is just to cute! His eyes are so expressive. Doris from Pa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see them when he doesn't feel good. It breaks my heart! LOL

      Delete
  9. I find it interesting what is locked up at the different Walmarts I go into in different places. Mostly electronics but one had some of the men's underwear under lock and key...lol
    I have faith in you. I am sure you will manage to add to your material collection even if you missed the opening day of the quilt show.
    Safe travels!
    Deb and Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men's underwear??? Do thieves even WEAR underwear? Hahahaha

      Delete
    2. Come on now, Nancy. We can SEE the theives underwear. We know they need them to keep their asses from being seen.

      Delete
  10. Wild weather events appear to be happening all over N America just now- w ho says there’s no climate change!So travel very carefully please.Regarding shopping & getting everything- a free App called Shoppers means can just tap the item you need as discovered in your daily ( cooking?) then when you get to the store,there’s the shopping list- voila!Enjoy your quilt show & all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Shoppers ... I will certainly try it out! Yessirree ... wild weather everywhere this year. It used to be like this in the old days a lot!

      Delete