Tuesday, January 30, 2024

On The Road Again .....

 One should check for sunrise before planning on leaving at a certain time in the morning.  It was pitch black at my designated time.  On the road again was delayed until I could see well enough to back up.  I finally got everything hooked up with no problems.  

When done, I headed over to say goodbye to Patsy, Bill and Gibbs.   I'm going to miss them!!  Patsy is a blast to hang out with ... I have her to thank for getting me back in shape ... and Bill can answer any and all fifth wheel questions.  Hopefully I didn't bother him as much THIS time as I have in the past!!!!

Off I went, both kids in tow.  Lucky for me, there wasn't a lot of truck traffic.  The sun was just coming up as I left Quartzsite.  Check out Patsy's pics HERE.  She got a great one of Gibbs watching me leave.


Not many pictures today.  It's just not safe to take them while I'm driving.  We just cruised right along at 60 mph, trying to miss the big holes in the road.  There's that one rest stop at the top of the hill ... I stayed in the left lane it was so bad.  

Even coming into Tucson wasn't terrible in spite of their construction.  I landed at the fairgrounds where there was practically no one.  Funny they kept telling me I MIGHT get a spot to park when I got here.  Gee ... the place is empty!  And WARM!!  Who knew??  It's a lovely 80 degrees.

I found this on the internet.  That's me getting those balls out from under the chairs.  That's Cooper saying ... THAT ONE Mom ... I need THAT ONE!!  It definitely hits the nail on the head


I skipped lunch, had a quick snack and headed off to the Chance house for dinner.  I was pretty tired, but there's no way I'll miss stir fry.  It was so good I didn't even take a picture.  This is Miss Snoopy, named because she snoops in every closet, drawer and cupboard she can open.  No, you CANNOT take my picture.


Oh all right ... just one!!!


Soon I was headed back to the rig to a very happy Mr. Cooper, and rewarded with this nice sunset.


So here we are, being serenaded by some guy's truck boom box two spaces over while he gets ready to leave at 5:00 this morning.  It's going to get better.  There is a Gem and Jam Music Festival going on here this week, along with a few horse jumping events.  That's right up my alley!


AND ..... it smells just like home ... there was a horse trailer parked exactly where I am located.  Be sure and wipe your feet before entering!!




13 comments:

  1. Happy you arrived safely and are all settled in. Enjoy your time with the Chance's, see you on the return trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's this morning! Like the blue light by your entry stairs. Glad you arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That light is perfect for early morning Cooper runs.

      Delete
  3. Miss Snoopy opens drawers and cupboards? It looks like an interesting week at the fairgrounds...enjoy! Regarding Patsy's pictures....I could feel Gibb's sadness to see you leave. I'm sure those 2 will really miss each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Snoopy goes in the drawers, kicks all the clothes out and hides. She's got personality, that girl. Cooper and Gibbs have become good buddies.

      Delete
  4. Yay, lots of choices to park! Silly gooses telling you that you MIGHT get a spot. Clearly out to lunch.
    Love the cartoon, that is so perfect!!
    Gibbs has looked for your rig a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a safe trip.
    Love the pictures and the cartoon is perfect!
    Have fun!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good trip this time ... almost relaxing to drive.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a nice safe trip over to Tucson. Stir Fry, hmmm, maybe I need to change my dinner plans, that sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a good RV parking we didn't know about when we were first in Tucson several years ago. And hey, you are only an hour or so away from Whetstone.

    ReplyDelete