Thursday, January 18, 2024

Smiles All Around

I wake up to this happy face every day.  How could this not make you smile!!  Being down on the floor playing worked out a few kinks from carrying those pots!!  Gosh, I'm REALLY sore today.  Just goes to show how out of shape I am!


Five minutes later he looked like this.  Sound asleep ... but not far from that new toy.  On the way home, we stopped in at Grocery Outlet.  The place was packed.  No surprise in light of the current price of food at the grocery store.  

I found that toy in the far back corner.  Mom forgot Cooper's favorite things and was in big trouble.  Obviously it had his approval.  


We also found ... wait for it .... ICE CREAM.  No kidding. I got three cartons of Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream for $1.98 each.  That stuff sells for $7.00 a pint in my town.  Check the dates you say?  A very good idea.  They were good until August 2024.  I should have bought five.  I just couldn't figure out how to squish them into my tiny freezer.


Back home, Ray worked his magic and had Cindy's pots hanging on the wall.  That's a great idea and easy to move them about.


Here's one of their latest creations.  If you are a quilter, you know about Y seams.  They asked if I wanted the pattern.  I relayed a resounding NO THANK YOU.  No Y seams for me, but it is gorgeous.  It's going to be king sized.  It's also my favorite colors!!


Just above the quilt piece was this sweet little girl.  No kidding ... this is one of the cutest, sweetest, happiest little puppies ever!!  And smart as a whip!!  She knows just how to manipulate her parents (and me).  You can't help but smile at her.


After a fabulous breakfast of pancakes, homemade strawberry syrup and sausage (shared with Penny of course), I was off into the wild blue yonder once again.  There are a few RV rallies going on here in Quartzsite that I will be attending, and of course the big tent is later in the week.  It's pretty crowded since they closed down the area we used to camp in and pushed everyone closer to town.


I was met with smiles from Patsy and Bill, my co-conspirators for the next few days.  Cooper and I settled in nicely and tried to rest up a bit.  

Ever heard of something being your bread and butter?  Well this is mine!!  That Patsy ... she made homemade bread dough and baked dinner rolls.  Hot out of the oven and smothered in butter ... that was my dinner!!  Merry Christmas to me!!   Happy New Year and Welcome to Quartzsite are still in the bag waiting to be eaten.


By the way, you KNOW I didn't park that truck and trailer.  I was surprised when Bill stepped in the door of the office.  You going to park it he asked?  Heck NO I said ... I was hoping YOU would.  I laughed and handed him the keys.  It was not an easy park this time, but he got her in there perfectly.

Let the parties begin!!!!!


20 comments:

  1. Nice to have friends to park for you and you get to visit with them for a few days. Enjoy your time in Q.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these wonderful folks have become like family to me.

      Delete
  2. That quilt is going to be incredible! Have fun in Q with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You going to learn to play Poker Pool this trip??? Have fun in Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing for a couple years ... ever since Patsy convinced the ladies to give it a try. By the way ... ladies only!!

      Delete
  4. I just love the colors in that quilt that's in the works.
    Enjoy your stay at Q!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ever prettier in person. So far Q has been very nice ... especially when plugged in to electricity!

      Delete
  5. I’m happy to hear you arrived safe and sound to a very nice welcome. It promises to be a fun time in Q.
    The quilt will be amazing! I like the pots. Very colourful.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a little bit warmer weather for the parrot, but otherwise it's been wonderful!

      Delete
  6. GREAT friends = parking and baking on your arrival!
    Cooper is just too cute! Have fun and looking forward to pizza pics. at Silly Sal's !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your equation is the best!! I do love hanging out with these folks ... and I'm sure Silly Al's is on the menu!

      Delete
  7. That quilt..king size?? Its amazingly beautiful! Love the flower pots. Free parking service and homemade bread... I think you are getting spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Elva!!! And I'm loving it!

      Delete
  8. Every time I see a picture of Cooper, it makes me smile.
    That Quilt really is beautiful especially with the wood flooring as a backdrop.
    With enough practice and time, you too will be able to park your trailer like that.
    Be safe and Enjoy the rallies.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The group misses you Rick and Kathy! Stay warm and keep smiling!

      Delete
  9. What is the quilt pattern name? I'm looking for a center piece for my round table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I may just have to make it myself. I'll get the pattern and post the name on the blog.

      Delete
  10. Nancy for some reason blogger will not let me reply to your comment on my post. I think all 9 of my computers are up to date so I have no idea.

    But Mother Nature did cooperate and it was 62 today but it is suppose to cool down again over the weekend. Mother Nature is still on my bad list.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having the same problems Rex. Several times I have had to shut it down and start all over. And we are supposed to get rain for the next three days!!

      Delete