Thursday, March 31, 2022

Going To The Dogs!!

 It's been rather interesting over the years to see how the prices of things come about.  At the Elks Lodge, officers are required to wear these purple shirts.  I ordered a women's X-lg since I'm not the 30 year old I once was.  I was told they could not get any that size, so instead of waiting, they just sent a large shirt.  What a waste ... it doesn't fit at all.  Maybe if I lost 20 pounds, but you know that isn't going to happen with the cookies in my life.

Being the stubborn one I am, I got on the internet and found the exact same shirt in Florida, for $10 cheaper.  I dropped them off at the sports shop for embroidery.  They were pretty shocked to see them since THEY were the ones who said that size was no longer available.  They will be ready in a week or so.


Next it was on to C & S Auto to get an appointment for work on my truck ... changing all the fluids.  My baby has 120,000 miles on her, so it's time for some TLC.  Of course I can't wait at the shop for the all day truck spa treatment and have no one to pick me up, so I'll walk to the Elks Lodge a few blocks away and sleep in the back room.

Then I was off to get glasses since I have insurance for that.  All my life I've been going to the same place and it's cost me a minimum of $500 for those varilux lenses I love so much.  Wasn't I shocked to see them out of business.  

There's one other place I've been to before, so off I went to get an estimate.  I opted for new frames this time and the total ..... with the exact same kind of glass ...... came to only $200.  How is that possible??  These are even Kate Spade frames!!  Why the big discrepancy?  I ordered them on the spot.

One more stop on the way home found me at Sound Encounters.  I'm looking for a miracle.  I would like a stereo for my truck, one that has an actual WORKING CD player, along with GPS.  I would be sadly out of luck.  They won't be getting any in until October.  As it is, I've got four things plugged in to two outlets.  I'm afraid my cigarette lighters are going to explode, not to mention I get everything tangled up in all those cords!!

I'm definitely getting things done, however slowly.  I spent two hours on the computer trying to get a DMV appointment to register the Jeep.  You would think they might make this easier.  It's ridiculous how much digging I had to do.  Everything said to go to their "partners", but when I called them, none would register an out-of-state vehicle.  


Here's another interesting observation.  In Arizona, the State does smog checks for $12.00.  In California, you have to go to a smog station, who does it for $60.00.  So when I found one who wasn't busy, I jumped in the Jeep and drove to town again.  It took less and five minutes to get a certificate ..... for $60.00.  I know this state is going to the dogs, but this is ridiculous.  I can't wait to see just how much it cost to register it.  


Since everything else is going to the dogs, I thought I might as well too.  I picked up a package of hot dogs ... all beef of course ... mostly because it's a super cheap meal.  I can eat for $2.25 a day (that's two meals), which includes the chips.


I BECAME a dog for the rest of the day, playing with Cooper on the floor.  He's such a sweetheart that when he comes up and gives you that-tail-wag-ears-up-tongue-out look, you can't turn him down.

Plus, he's such a good watch pup.  Seems the delivery guys no longer ring the door bell and I wouldn't have known this was there if he wasn't barking.  My new screen door handle.  This will make it much easier to open and close the door.  

Too bad it won't be that easy to install.  Seems it requires at least five holes be drilled.  Boy do I hate that part.  I'm not so good at drilling holes.


Today won't be quite as exciting.  The big thing left on my list is cleaning the rig out and vacuuming my house floors.  Oh the fun!!!!!

Friday is the BIG day .... my DMV appointment!!!  I think I'll film it!!




10 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate DMV in Cal??? Florida runs their DMV Offices through each County's Tax Collector, an elected position. As such, they (tax collectors) find the quickest and most efficient way to run these offices to make the lines go quick. Each person is given a number, and they you find a seat...easier to 'wait in line' sitting down, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to move to SD. When we registered our new truck, we just walked in with the old title, they did all the paperwork and handed us plates right there. We were in and out in 10 minutes and bonus, no smog check required in this state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be that way here ... maybe 50 years ago! LOL

      Delete
  3. In case of your eyeglasses I guess the saying, "its good to shop around" became a true statement. I don't know how you do it to keep two residences and manage to stay on top of all the things that need doing. And on top of it have time for hobbies. Keep going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very blessed that the California home doesn't require much ... other than keeping the skunks out of the back yard!!!

      Delete
  4. You definitely are a busy girl! I used to hate CA DMV, sure I still would. Appointments are the only way to go there for sure. Your hot dog and chips look delicious, easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those hot dogs? Dinner in less than 5 minutes!!!

      Delete
  5. I don't blame you one bit for playing with Cooper. I've seen that sweet face. 😍
    Funny about the shirt. All about getting a deal when you can.
    Yum hot dogs and chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing with Cooper erases all the bad times when I have to deal with DMV!!

      Delete