Tuesday, March 1, 2022

You Lost My Rig??

 It's another beautiful day here in southern Arizona with the sun shining brightly!  The wind?  That's just to keep the dust off the trees.  

It was time to brave the dealership.  I don't think I have ever come away feeling really good about them.  I called at 8:00 and had to leave a message.  I called again at 9:00 and was told call-backs usually take over two hours.  I know you are busy, but really?  I got the extension number that time.

By three hours I wasn't feeling it at all, and I called yet again.  I was told he would call me back in 15 minutes, or if it would make me feel better, he would just leave me on hold for 15 minutes.  Uh huh ... that's how you win friends and influence enemies.

It was 11:30 by the time he said it was ready.  I drove over, signed the papers, grabbed my keys and was out the door to hook up.  EXCEPT .... I couldn't find it!!  It was nowhere to be seen on the pick up lot.


Back in the office, he didn't believe me so we took another stroll around the block before he disappeared.  He finally returned with a radio, calling to bring the rig up front (which he forgot to do), but they couldn't seem to find it.  Fifteen minutes later as I stared at the six Imagines in the lot, they brought her around and hookup began.

I have to say it's much easier to hook up now.  All those horse trailers were good practice and it's coming back, kind of like riding a bike.  There was a small snafu ... the leveling system including the jacks is all automatic, which of course went south because of them moving it around.  It took me some time to remember I can reset it from my phone.  In a flash I was out the gate as the service guy said I would receive an email about his service and he hoped I would give him a great rating!!  Yeah, right!!!


Surprise ... I was actually even able to park around the dog leg and into the shed in one try.  I'm not saying it was pretty, but I did it!!!  Baby is glad to be back home.

Here's my best tip for everyone who stays in Arizona.  Pack rats are a big problem ... BIG.  They can eat the wires from under your rig in a flash!  You can combat that with another strobe-like flash ... the Rid-A-Rat.  Unfortunately they have become rather expensive ... like $54.00 each.  

Two double A batteries gets you a flashing light that works for over a year keeping those critters at bay.  Since using this, I've never had a problem.  Held on by magnets, I've never lost one either.  Mr. Chance has them on his backhoe.  I'm even thinking I should buy two more for under the house!!


I spent the afternoon totally messing up my latest quilting job.  Everything that could go wrong, did.  So instead of a beautiful quilt, here's some of my favorite critters to watch.  


The babies are growing BIG!!


Later, I went over to the Chance Ranch to watch a couple more episodes of 1883 and partake of a yummy stir fry dinner.  That Patty ... she can cook!!!

Today's number one priority is batteries for the critter cam and processing all those pictures I got yesterday afternoon of that young coyote that returned to say hello.  Boy is he/she a beauty!!!  We talked eye to eye for few minutes before it wandered on off down the gully.  Pictures tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. You'll have to forgive me, the first thing I did was laugh when I read the title of your post. Glad it all turned out well. Great tip about those pack rats, I will have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda hard to lose something so big! I had rid-a-rat on my other motorhome for ten years and not one problem with rats or mice.

      Delete
  2. I thought like Jim, that they actually lost it (as in someone stole it from them or they accidentally sold it to someone else) and was wondering how the heck they would compensate for that! lol

    Can you see those rat lights flash during the night???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at night you can see them flash if you walk around your motorhome, but not if you are inside. Dan says they will even send you an email to remind you to change the batteries.

      Delete
  3. How did the repairs turn out? It'll be interesting to see how long they last. Glad you found it LOL. Rid A Rat is interesting we'll have to look into that here. Thanks. Stir fry sounds yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post about the repairs today. Those lights are a few bucks cheaper on Amazon.

      Delete
  4. Glad you found your rig. Cool off before filling out the service survey. Not good to burn bridges until you build another. I'm going to have to watch the 1883 show once I get home. A d the Yellowstones I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm not mad ... I expect that sort of thing now, so I try to be nice. TRY being the operative word.

      Delete
  5. Lol, that's embarrassing for them!! A good review? Yah right🙄
    Love that little fat bum on the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was pretty embarrassed, especially after finding out I had friends in high places.

      Delete
  6. Glad that your rig was found but funny they had trouble finding it. It wasn't like looking for a needle in a haystack, lol. I'm with you. I wouldn't be able to give a good review after service like that!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because they have so many in for repairs. They sold dozens last year and all are in for warranty work.

      Delete