Monday, March 14, 2022

Cookies Come In Handy

I've always been happy that I'm as healthy as a horse.  Sadly, sometimes the horse gets sick and dies.  That's just a reminder that I'm not Superwoman, in spite of my cape and cowboy hat.  I woke up yesterday in quite a bit of pain, so if that blog was weird, it was because I was having trouble concentrating.

Apparently when I hefted the generator up on the tailgate after I just raised the airbags, I pulled a muscle in my side.  I didn't even feel it at the time.  Thinking my trip was going to be delayed for who knows how long, I called Nurse Patty.  She was an ER Nurse until she retired, which comes in pretty handy!

The directions to sit down and stay there were concise.  I stole Jonathan's heating pad from the rig and filled a bag with ice.  Swap them out she said, and so began my day of keeping the couch from running off.

I'm apparently not good at that sort of thing because in no time, despite the double bagging of ice, me and the couch were soaking wet, as in I had to change my shirt and use the hair dryer on the pillow.  Nothing in the world is more boring for me than sitting on the couch, but I followed the Doctor's directions.

Suddenly I got a text message.  Mr. Chance was cleaning his barbecue and would be by shortly to pick up mine for a much needed bath.  


I opened the garage door and deposited a cookie tip on the lid.  Cookies always come in handy around here.


In no time at all it came back sparkling clean.  Woohoo!!!  I didn't even remember the lid was painted tan since it was completely black inside when it left.  I even got door to door service!!!  Now THAT'S good friends to have ... a Nurse/Doctor and a BBQ Cleaner all in one day!!


I celebrated with a nice bowl of ice cream.  I mean really, there's not much to write about when you're stuck sitting on the couch.


In my every attempt to check out all kinds of Mac 'n Cheese to find the best one yet, I decided I was well enough to try out this one.  How could I lose since all I had to do was boil water, which I must say I did very professionally.  It didn't even boil all over the stove.


However ... this came in WAY down the list of all things shells and cheese.  Next time I'll be much more careful about managing the available food in the freezer just before I take off on a trip.  

I'll be on the couch again today, in between trying to get a few things loaded up.  My time is short. 



10 comments:

  1. Muscle pulls are a pain, no doubt. Wish I could help out with the Mac & Cheese, but for some reason, I never liked it much, too much of that boxed stuff as a kid with the cheese that comes out of a little bag that you sprinkle over the cooked noodles. Yuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I only like homemade Mac 'n Cheese.

      Delete
  2. Oh sorry for the pain! NO fun for sure! Yep, I would say cookies are a nice tip and the bar b due looks awesome! What great neighbors you have! :) I discovered Breyer's Low Carb ice cream and oh so yummy! 110 calories and only 4 net carbs! The best low carb i've found! Not cheap but worth it! Just fyi...:) Brother in law used to make the best mac and cheese ever..bacon, onions and velveeta..OMG!! Haven't had it in probably 40 years but still my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm I see some ice cream tasting in my future!!

      Delete
  3. Oh no. Last week I tripped on a brick. I didn't fall but I pulled something in my left thigh. At least it's on the same side as the problem knee. So all the pain is on one leg only. I always wondered about that brand of Mac n cheese. I bet that was disappointing. You have some pretty awesome neighbors. Don't forget to eat some ice cream for me! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUCH!! Hope you are feeling better! I have WONDERFUL neighbors! We will all eat ice cream for you Elva!!

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, those generators are darn heavy! Your super woman powers failed you briefly. Hope you're soon good as new. You have the best friends aka neighbors! Can they be adopted out?
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly best friends ... who else would volunteer to clean your bbq??

      Delete
  5. Geez. Not the kind of day you would want. I do hope you can sleep, and if so, wake up a bit better. Glad you have an ER nurse on call. (If you're really bored, what so far has been your top experience with shells and cheese. I read one reviewer who said Walmart's brand won over everything!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly homemade Mac 'n Cheese is the best, but Kraft isn't bad ... better than Velveeta anyway. Haven't tried Walmart's yet but I definitely will!!

      Delete