Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Sticker Shock!

It was a beautiful morning full of birds singing and quail chirping.  At least it started out that way as I sat on the patio with my coffee and last piece of breakfast cake.  Yes my Mom did her best to discourage that kind of behavior, which is why I partake every chance I get.

There was a pretty family of six picking up bugs or whatever it is they like in the lawn.  Good aerators these guys. 


Of course Dad perched on top of the fence and kept watch.  I love how it looks like someone took a paintbrush to their wings.


I was taking big deep breaths trying to relax before taking off.  It helped to watch the bunny come for a long leisurely drink.  Okay, on to more important things.


I packed and packed, then unpacked all the things I found I needed this morning, like the dog food.    Speaking of dog food, I needed to get a roasted chicken for Cooper's dinner.  I'm lucky he shares with me!

On the way back home, I stopped for fuel.  STICKER SHOCK!!  This isn't bad "considering" ... except I got 30 cents a gallon off because of fuel points at Safeway, making the full price $4.799 a gallon IN ARIZONA!  Better here than anywhere else I suppose.  I got not quite 20 gallons for $93.00.  It will take $250 to fill my truck next time.  Sure makes you want to say a lot of bad words.  


The once $6.99 chicken is now $7.99, and that's if you are a member.  Cooper may be stuck with dog food after all.  Me too for that matter!!!  Hey, it's diet food and low in carbs!!


And so I'm OFF ........ I'll see you down the road in Quartzsite!!

As to the question about game cameras, I have a Browning HD ProX camera which I love, but it is made in China.  I think they are ALL made in China.  I'll do some research and see what's out there now.  GardePro has a great rating but I haven't tried them yet.


12 comments:

  1. Safe journey. If you're going through Phoenix wave when you pass the Eloy exit😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not only waved, I honked Doug. I always take Hwy 8 just past Eloy to Gila Bend, then north to the highway. No going through Phoenix for me.

      Delete
  2. Travel safely and enjoy! Just wait until you get to CA for Sticker Shock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt it will be $6 a gallon, or at least close to it. It's rather interesting that unleaded fuel prices haven't changed all that much. It's the diesel that's gone sky high.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. When you get to Sacramento, I'll come visit you.

      Delete
  4. Diesel was $7.29 at our little local Shell station here in Northern CA yesterday afternoon. Are you sure you want to come back to Newsomeland? If I had property in AZ I would be unloading my CA property in a heartbeat while there was still someone dumb enough to buy in this state. I am a Native Californian and once thought this was the greatest place in the world, but no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! I haven't seen any over $7.00. That's crazy. I totally agree, California has become a dump. I'm definitely working on getting out.

      Delete
  5. Safe travels! Better take out a loan to fill your tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. It's weird how the truck stops are the highest prices around. I guess they figure the truckers have to pay it!

      Delete
  6. Safe travels and thank you for the information

    ReplyDelete