Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Lots Of Hot Air

While I was envisioning calling 911, surgeries and hospital hair, it thankfully never happened.  My pulled muscle is getting better, in spite of reaching for my phone 396 times yesterday.  It is OH so boring to sit on the couch, but I did my very best impression of a rock and today it's even better.  That's a good thing since I have to pack.  That was just the weirdest place to pull a muscle ... right at the belt line.  

I did make it down to the water station to pick up my camera.  This sweet little quail was a thirsty gal.  One of these days I'll leave it up during daylight hours just to see who else shows up.


 Cooper bugged me most of the morning, so I finally relented and went for a short walk up the hill.  


He's King of the Road, walking MUCH faster than I.  Speed it up Mom ... I'm on a mission to water every rock I see!!  When we return, he literally drags his feet, pulls hard and heads straight down the trail to the water station.  SO many new smells there.


This was not long after Kitty Kitty had wandered through, leaving those awful KITTY smells behind.  There was no dragging him away from THIS!


I'm not sure how he distinguishes between quail, kitty and coyote with a little javelina thrown in for good measure.  There was lots of hot air escaping from both of us upon our return to the house.


Next up .. more hot air.  It was time for that chore I never like.  Making sure the tires have air.  They are relatively new, so I'm not too worried, but had to make the rounds twice.  Why can't they make everything work the same?  It took me twice around the truck and the trailer because I discovered I was reading the gauge wrong as I was filling it.  Nope ... fill, let go and THEN read the gauge.  It a good thing it's fairly lightweight.  

Which brings me to my next question, which I know the answer to .... look on the tires.  What air pressure do you fifth wheel (or bumper pull) guys use in your tires?  It says somewhere on the tire, but it's so difficult to read, not to mention it says empty or weight.  I assume that means loaded with all your stuff??  I'm thinking I need to revisit those tires today.


By the way, did I mention I've gotten a few BINGO calls?  It seems someone, somehow, completely deleted the brain from the Infernal Machine.  There wasn't much I could do being this far away.  After a few long conversations while they tried to figure out every purchase using a calculator, one of the Castle Knights stepped up and volunteered to try and reprogram the entire thing.  

Apparently they got it going the next week, but are awaiting my return for a break from "that which tries to defeat you at every step"!  The Infernal Machine strikes again!!

I'll be packing today and trying to squeeze every little thing I can into that tiny freezer!!



20 comments:

  1. At least you don't have to deal with time change going into California. I was thinking, WHY is the time change so difficult when we sit in our condo, but when are driving and go from one zone to another it just isn't that difficult???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pay attention to the time change ... I keep both houses set on Arizona time. My phone has the correct time but I don't check it often.

      Delete
  2. I don't have an answer for you on your tire pressure. I know part of it depends on how much you weigh when loaded. We had our rig weighed in '14 and they told us how much to put in our front tires, back tires and rig. We just ran with that from then on.

    BTW, I got that picture of Zoey back up on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture!!!!! Yup I do need to have it weighed somewhere. In Oregon you can do it along side the highway for free.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read you pulled a muscle; glad to read it is feeling better. You certainly have great friends. Cooper is a little cutie. Good luck filling the freezer...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb ... I'm feeling much better, as I hope is Tom.

      Delete
  4. I have to agree you do have great friends! Glad you're on the mend. :) Back to Bingo already and you're not even there! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad we can't get someone else to volunteer for the cash register. We sure could use another body!

      Delete
  5. Bingo...yes! Bingo needs you. I love the Bingo stories. Dave's comment is so true. The last 3 mornings were miserable because of the time change. But I didn't have any problems when we traveled. I just had to remember not to call anyone in CA at 8am Eastern time. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time change used to get me too. Especially when I had to work. It sure would be nicer if no change was made ... like in Arizona.

      Delete
  6. Your 5th wheel should have a sticker outside (driver's side) with the tire pressure figures. Probably also a sheet with all the numbers etc. glued to the inside of a cupboard. I bet you can't wait to get back to the Bingo crowd ;-) They missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA!!! I will look for that Marlene. Thank you so much!!!

      Delete
  7. I know you don't have much going on, so I was hoping you could take some time out and recommend a game camera. Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always used Browning Trail Cameras, unfortunately made in China. Let me do some research with fellow photographers and I'll post what I find out.

      Delete
  8. Safe travels Nancy and relax. I've been doing enough worrying for the both of us. Can't wait to hear about your solar panels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug!! It's hard to relax in your situation. I can't believe they haven't even talked to you yet. Crazy!! I'll wave as I go by today! If you need a place to park, the driveway is open.

      Delete
  9. You are one busy lady. Cooper is so cute!
    Looking forward to seeing you both, all.
    Can't help with the tires but sounds like Marlene can. 😉
    Drive safe tomorrow and forget Bingo for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't thought about Bingo for over two months!!! A nice break!!

      Delete
  10. Oops. Went back and read your answer to my last solar question and sounds like you're not leaning that way. All you need is a 100 watt panel and a 600 watt inverter to do the basics. Give you great experience cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Doug ... I'll let you know what I end up with!

      Delete