Monday, March 28, 2022

Marie Can Cook

 It's a lovely rainy day this morning, so loud that I was up at 3:00, having laid there, eyes wide open for an hour.  Once I'm awake, there's no going back, so I just got up and had a nice cup of joe.  Just for good measure, I even threw in a load of laundry.

Yesterday I hit the ground running, ordering "stuff" right and left from the internet.  This water meter was one of them.  There's no way to tell just how much water I have in the rig.  The inside push-button thingy doesn't seem to be accurate.  At least this way I'll know how much I put in.  There's no use carrying a full heavy tank of water when traveling.

Other things included a power strip to plug in the heated vibrating chair.  Not that I need it, but the arm controls seem to be turned on by someone with little paws.  There's a roll of reflectix coming since it's hotter than necessary inside, along with a couple of big spice racks for the pantry.


I have a list a mile long of honey-dos (no honey required), but sadly, it was Sunday and nothing was open.  I did reattach the Jeep battery and it started right up.  I wish I knew how to attach one of those disconnect contraptions and could just flip a switch.  


Next I trotted (you know, for exercise) out to the back forty fence to replace a board that had fallen off.  I just can't believe anything with ten nails and two screws could just fall off the fence.  That's when I discovered my Mikita hand drill battery had died an awful death.  I tried to order a new one, but it's too old.  Anyone know if the replacement that doesn't look quite the same will work?  Otherwise, I'm buying another drill.  

Next up I drug out my old truck GPS to see if it would work.  I imagine most of the maps are old, but it came to life instantly.  I do have a minor problem however ... with the rear view camera, tire minder and phone plugged in, I'm running out of cigarette lighter holes, not to mention cords running everywhere!!


I tried getting some stuff unloaded, but just wasn't feeling it.  I opened up the sewing room and got ready to rock in that department.  Out of the blue, Cooper started barking his "something's not right" bark.  Then he began to growl.  See that cute little reindeer in the corner?  The one with roller skates on?  I think Cooper didn't like his tenny-sneaks.  


He finally got brave enough to get close, silly boy.  He was having none of that other critter in HIS house. I pushed the button that makes his nose light up and Cooper was off like a shot!!!


Since being locked up for a time, my house has that "old" smell, in spite of everything I do.  So after a quick trip to the store, where yet again my debit card was declined for no reason whatsoever, I came home with this beauty.  Marie can cook!!  It's an apple pie that you bake first, then layer on the crumb topping and bake again.

It took some time since my little oven, when parked at 350 degrees, would only get to 250.  I turned it up to 500 in order to get it baked, which even then took 90 minutes.  OH BOY was it good!!!  I threw in some Cool Whip for good measure.


Today will be spent on the phone because State Farm has taken it upon themselves to mess with my mortgage company.  I paid them IN FULL for my house insurance.  Yesterday as I waded through a 12" high pile of mail, I found a refund check from them for the full amount with a note saying it was to be paid by the mortgagee.  WHAT?  YOU HAVE THE MONEY IN HAND AND YOU RETURN IT????  That truly doesn't sound like a company I want to do business with.

Then it's appointment making time.  Truck oil change, register Jeep back in California to get house discount, get scratched glasses replaced, call the bank about my debit card and get a new brake controller for the truck.  Any suggestions on what kind to get?  My controller is an older (probably cheap) model that grabs the brakes even when set at zero.  I definitely need a new one.

Oh ... and clean the gutters that runneth over!!


10 comments:

  1. Register Jeep back in California...guess you heard that Gavin wants to give California Car Owners $400 gas cards! lol (which, by the law of supply and demand, will just escalate the price of gas even more)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say I am going to register the Jeep back in Calif. It's the only way I could get that big discount on my house insurance. I sure hate to do it!!!

      Delete
  2. Woah, slow down there, you are making Barb and I dizzy! I don't have any advice for you on your questions except maybe that we got a cigarette lighter expansion unit that works well for our many devices that need to be plugged in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty soon I'll need a solar panel for my truck to keep everything charged up and running!!

      Delete
  3. Nancy, here the brand that we in our vehicles and what our dealer back home uses. "Tekonsha Prodigy P2 or P3, they are one of the best. Between $100- $200, while worth the money. Stay away from Reese and anything cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW you would know Bill. And in my investigations, that's the one that came up. Thank you thank you. At least I didn't call you this time!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Thank you Nancy! Just ordered the water meter to use on the Mansion! Cute picture of Cooper and the reindeer! haha. We just use our phones for gps, wouldn't know how to use anything else LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how the littlest thing makes RV life so much easier. It was Bill Richards suggestion!!!

      Delete
  5. Apple Pie baking does a wonderful job of making a home smell wonderful. Not to mention the taste, Marie can cook...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit it didn't work as much as expected ... guess I'll have to get another one!!

      Delete