Wednesday, March 30, 2022

BINGO!!!!!!

It's that time again ladies and gentlemen!!  It's BINGO at the Elks Lodge.  I know you've been waiting with bated breath!  Or not ......... 


But first, I had to get up and get going.  I was pretty surprised to be met with fog instead of that bright shiny sun.  Right off the bat I noticed my lawn out front looks SO much better since hiring The Weed Man to keep it shipshape.  I can't afford that for long, so I hope it lasts for a few years.  Even the gardeners have done a good job out front ... a very big surprise!!  I'm thinking they have new employees.


I ordered a few more things like the screen door handle for the rig.  Practically everyone gets one so they can easily close the screen door, so I don't know why they don't just put one on at the factory.  I'm hoping I don't have any problems installing it.  

I lugged a few more boxes of fabric from the trailer, blew the sawdust off the table from the wall socket replacements for the tenth time and threw out another six rocks I found on the floor.  It's amazing how many of those appear out of nowhere.

Then it was time for one of my favorite activities.  Baking peanut butter cookies.  I was going into withdrawal when the first batch came out hot and yummy!!!  This little piggy ate TWO before packing them away in the freezer.  Surprisingly I'm pretty good at digging out only one when the sweet tooth talks to me.


At long last it was time ..... time to head out to BINGO!!  On the way I stopped at the State Farm Insurance office and gave them the refund check I had received.  They credited it to my account.  I've no doubt they already sent a bill to my mortgage company, who will pay it, creating an even GREATER mess for me to clean up.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Finally ... there they were ... the purple BINGO flags flapping in the breeze.  Our usual crew wasn't upstairs in the Sky Lounge, so I immediately went to work setting up.  You know how there's always that one lovely person who wants to work but she's not really good at it?  Slows you down, talks too much, doesn't concentrate ..... a very nice person, but ...........
Thank goodness my good friend showed up, having also been gone for about five weeks.  Even though we were rather short handed, we told not one, but two people they could just go play Bingo.  Here's why ... the King actually came over and told me they had been so crowded the last few weeks, they set up a SECOND infernal machine for cash only payments so they could have TWO lines in order to get people seated before they started.

Not if I'm on the cash register I told him.  If you work fast, don't talk and just get it done, there's no long line.  He came back two hours later and said I was right!!  It took us one minute per person to completely clear out the line.  These other gals chit chat, can't count fast (no surprise with those two inch fingernails trying to count 30 pieces of paper) and just don't care about getting everyone through the line quickly.  

Surprisingly, there has been almost a complete turnover of people.  Less than 25% were recognizable.  That usually means lots of complaints, but I only had one.  She's a regular, so she came back when I wasn't busy and we figured out the infernal machine charged her $5 instead of $2.  An easy fix.  

There were no fights or hair pulling, but I did spot a guy casing out the joint from across the room.  I seem to pick up on that stuff, probably because I have all the cash.  I called in the Knights to check him out.  You just can't be too careful.  Thankfully this guy was just looking for his wife, who he had walked right by when entering.  She was wondering what he was looking for too!!

It was 10:30 by the time I got home, pretty late for this early morning chicken.  I've got several errands to run today.  I'm checking out two different mechanics to get a Teconsha P3 brake controller installed, along with finding out where I can go to get my Jeep registered.  I know, it's sad ... and it kills me ... to register it back in California, but I get a big house insurance discount if I do.  So there's that!!

Time to start the day!!!


14 comments:

  1. AND that promised $400 Gas Card from Uncle Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice, but I never seem to receive anything from the government. That might actually pay for the registration for one year!!

      Delete
  2. Your cookies look amazing! What a mess with State Farm. Always something isn't it when switching stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it's never easy, but I thought it was just me! LOL

      Delete
  3. Maybe just buy an old clunker, register it and put PD and PL on in and then Non-opp it. It would be a car that is registered, and insured, and it might work to get the discount. You could put it up on blocks in front of the house and call it yard art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I like your thinking!!!!! What a GREAT idea!!!

      Delete
  4. Yay for bingo! And the cookies look so good. Interesting comment from KCD. Would that work? Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it would work. It's registered, it's a car and would cost very little. Hahahahaha

      Delete
  5. Back to Bingo! I'm sure the King is happy to have you back at the infernal machine.
    This cookies!!! Bill doesn't get those too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'll bring you some cookies!! Yeah, they were all pretty happy to see me ... especially the people standing in line!!

      Delete
  6. Peanut butter cookies look delicious.
    Nothing like a good Bingo blog to bring a smile to my face...lol

    ReplyDelete