Monday, March 7, 2022

Fat and Fluffy

 No, I'm not describing myself, although sometimes when I look in the mirror, that does come to mind.  I'm talking about my raccoon buddies who graced my humble little house with their presence.  There are two again, reminding me that even the critters can find Prince Charming.  Just my luck!

The bunnies seem to be doing great in that department also ... as bunnies do I guess.  On this day I had another fifteen images of them running back and forth in front of the lens, all night long!!  


Not really trying to become any fluffier while saying to myself ... heck, just enjoy it, you probably won't be around that much longer ... I made more of those blueberry pancakes from muffin batter.  This works really well if you don't turn the heat up too high and burn them like I did the second batch.  They were delicious, even if I did taste them for the next three hours.


While telling myself not to eat those again without an extra dose of Tums, I remembered about this great movie we saw a couple weeks ago.  This is DOG starring Channing Tatum.  The STAR however is Lulu, a Belgian Malinois (actually played by not one but three dogs) who is a Veteran of Afghanistan.  Army Ranger Jackson Briggs is taking her to the funeral of her handler Riley at the request of his family.

It will make you laugh and cry at the same time.  GREAT movie!!


I also discovered quite by accident that the price of fuel in Arizona isn't so bad after all.  Paying $4.50 a gallon (which is ridiculous by the way) wasn't near as bad as what's to come.


This is where my other bedroom lives.  Diesel is now $5.47 a gallon ... more if you use credit.  Just north of this location about 30 miles it is now $7.07 a gallon, at Loves no less.  I'm pretty sure this is a record that no one is happy about, especially when we have our own oil to pump.  It's interesting to note that inflation just doesn't seem to bother anyone in Washington DC.  


So ... instead of worrying about it, I plunked my fluffy self down on the chair in the sewing room and concentrated on finished this quilt.  I had planned on showing you THIS image .........


But instead I get to show you THIS one!!  It's finally done after fussy cutting the borders, meaning it took me two hours to do the border instead of the usual 30 minutes.


In no time at all, I was back to sewing binding, which I'm going to be sick of doing in no time.  Although my thumb has healed up some and doesn't hurt as bad, I've got 85 needle sticks in my other nine fingers.  The hazards of quilting I suppose.

We are back down to 28 degrees this morning before warming up to 83 by the end of the week.  Maybe .. just maybe ... we are heading for a warming spell.  I won't hold my breath!!


8 comments:

  1. When you open up your virtual quilting store on Amazon you will be able to afford the $9 per gallon gas (lol, but not a laughing matter the way things are going)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the virtual restaurants!! No one will be leaving their houses!!

      Delete
  2. That is ridiculous, I knew it was going to go up but not that much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe we can fall so fast in just one year.

      Delete
  3. It is worrying us too with a long drive for home ahead.
    Love your fluffy fat friends 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we will all just have to tighten our belts until we can't breathe. The good news is the way you are going, it will be cheaper.

      Delete
  4. Saw today a town near Big Sur gas is $7.59 for regular!! So ridiculous! The quilt is beautiful! I would imagine there are lots of tears in DOG, just the story makes me want to tear up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see the movie ... there are many more laughs, making it worth it!! You can't help but love those dogs.

      Delete