Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Lost In My Living Room

 The tale of the lost RV wouldn't be complete without a report of the work done, or not done.  I forgot to mention that I now have three new plugs ... YAY, not that they will last long ... and one that didn't get touched.  I suppose I'll have to fix that one myself.  On the other hand, I now have a bright blue light to illuminate the steps at night.  I'm sure my neighbors will love that!!  

As for raising the back jacks, he told me they could not do that because it would require welding on the frame.  No it won't.  Oh yes, you cannot move them because the frame is in the way.  Obviously he has never worked with ME before.  I've been under the back of that thing three times and there is no welding required.  Nothing is in the way of removing five bolts, moving the jack stand up and replacing the bolts.  No worries I told him, I'll do it myself.  

You would be proud that I didn't read him the riot act as he spouted off a bunch of crap.  Really, you shouldn't be such a pompous A$$ when dealing with motorhome people.  Most of them know everything about their rigs ... and you just showed how dumb you really are.  He was seriously like that used car salesman we all hate.

Anyhoo .... yesterday morning Cooper and I watched a special on the Yellowstone wolves.  He has never cared less about dogs or anything on TV.  When he heard them howling however, he went all protective on me.  I laughed out loud!!

He even ran up to the TV to chase them off.  Too funny!!  Totally out of character for him.


I spent the next couple of hours finishing up this quilt with a new bear claw pattern.  LOVE it!!  I was particularly thankful that it went like clockwork.  Not one single problem.


Of course in between quilting, I had to spend most of the time on the floor entertaining this guy.  This is my view from the cheap seats.


And then this happened!!  Everything that could go wrong, did!!  I don't know why, but the machine got completely lost in my living room.  I placed it exactly where it needed to start, but it insisted it was way over at the very edge.  Kind of like your husband when you're telling him you are HERE and he insists you are WAY OVER THERE on the other side of town!!  No amount of explanation will work.

I called for backup.  Instead of just saying GO HERE, the gal went through all kinds of explanations that made no sense.  Just tell me what buttons to push!!  At last I hit GO and I was about half an inch off.  Thirty minutes of ripping out thread and I was back to square one and still lost.

In the end I threw up my arms (like you in the passenger seat) and just went with it.  It was off, but I suppose not far enough that anyone could really tell.  But wait ..... just like following that GPS to the wrong road, there was another dead end.  I apparently didn't measure when I cut the backing because it was two inches short.  


I threw up my arms and gave it the silent treatment!!  It just won't listen!!!

I certainly did listen however when Patty called to ask if I wanted to go to Red Lobster again.  Heck yeah!!!  Come to find out it's their 42nd wedding anniversary!  She even showed me pictures.  I just can't believe we were ever that skinny!!!  Dinner was delicious and they got a free desert ... but no singing.  Probably a good thing!

That means I didn't get to the coyote pictures, so they are first on my schedule today!!




13 comments:

  1. Indy is 'hot' for some of the new commercials that have dogs in them. Chewy has some new commercials featuring dogs or cats or both and wow, she goes nuts. Even as I type this, 'GoDuckGo' (a search engine) had a commercial with a dog in it and she ran over to see it. We have had to put two brass giraffes in front of the TV so she doesn't attack the TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh, she jumped up next to my computer when I played the two clips of Cooper...

      Delete
    2. She's funny!!! Cooper has never bothered with the TV. I think it's because he hears the coyotes howling around the house, so when he hears something on TV, he's all over it

      Delete
  2. Too many of those service managers haven't got a clue how RVs are put together.
    I'd be sending a report directly to the Manufacturer about the service you've been getting.
    Congratulations to the Chances on their Anniversary.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that very true. They have never owned one.

      Delete
  3. Oh the frustrations you are going through with that quilting machine of yours. I don't think I could stand that very much. Are these software problems or something else that causes them? As to my dogs, they cannot watch anything on TV, they just don't see it. The same with other computer screens and I think they are color blind as well. However, they do seem to be far sighted and can make out moving things from far off. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit it's probably user error. I'll figure it out sooner or later!!! Interesting about your pups! Cooper can see things very far away when outside, but he doesn't seem to see the TV well. That may change now! LOL

      Delete
  4. Go to school learn how to use your machine
    go to Walmart and buy one Latin for the RV test it if you like it go back in by tomorrow
    Go back to Walmart and buy a Mr. buddy ceramic heater
    Bring it home if you like it keep it if you don't take it back
    Go find a mom and pop RV repair shop your RV is out of warranty anyway you'll get better results
    The next time somebody wants to know if you want to buy a warranty ask him if they cover your RV
    Switch from Pepsi to Coca-Cola add rum sit down and enjoy yourself
    Set the game cam up in the living room and show us what a hissy fit looks like
    If you think today is bad wait till tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny about the warranty!! I'm going to do that. Definitely a Mom and Pop repair shop sounds good! If things get worse tomorrow, I'm buying the rum!!!

      Delete
  5. Yum on the dinner at Red Lobster; a favorite restaurant of ours :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine too!!

      Delete
  6. Laying here in bed this evening resting my sore bones, I hit play on the wolf video and immediately Yuma perked up and was looking around. Dogs must not like wolves. Red Lobster always sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been on some big hikes. Drink Gatorade .... electrolytes help a lot! I always wondered just what the wolves and coyotes were saying to make the dogs perk up!!

      Delete