Thursday, March 24, 2022

A Dog Day Afternoon

 It was a wonderful day in the neighborhood.  Cooper and I were up early as usual, and out for our morning walk just as the sun came up.  There were no mysterious upcomings on this day, thank goodness.  Nothing worse than one of your kids being sick.  


Here's one of the interesting rigs in the park.   Don't you just want to knock on the door and say can I look inside?  If I remember right, they do have quite a bit of storage underneath.


The big winds gave up the ghost ... for the most part ... and I put the awning out for some shade.  What a difference it makes keeping the sun off the side.  I think I'm going to look into some outside window shades to keep it a bit cooler inside.  We had to run the air most of the afternoon.


Patsy and I finished the second puzzle, laughing at how hard this was.  Easy peasy she said ... we'll have this done in no time.  Turned out to be MUCH more difficult, but one that sure made us smile.


Bill stopped by to go over a few more things about my rig.  I actually read the manual and crawled under the side to see how to retract my jacks should that ever become necessary.  Definitely something good to know.  Next ... how to manually move the slide in or out.  You never know when that information might come in handy, especially in light of Roland and Lori's troubles when everything electrical goes awry.

When he asked if I had fueled up yet, the answer was UHHHHH ..... I'm going now!  Too bad I didn't go yesterday when fuel was $4.99 a gallon because it's now $5.059.  I think in four days it's changed twice.


A few minutes later Deb and Tom stopped for a goodbye visit before their haircut appointments in town.  They gave me tips about my oven (getting a pizza stone or tile) and I told them about using the plastic cutting mats at the back of the freezer to prevent icing up.  I love these little hacks that make things easier. One more thing Bill mentioned, check your condensation drain tube.  Is it plugged up?  So many things you have to know!!!

By late afternoon, Cooper was way past his play time, so I crawled around on the floor playing take the squeaky sheep away.  It's seriously a good way to stay in shape, but holes seem to be appearing in the knees of my jeans.  How could you not play with that face??


Sadly, I'm hooking up this morning and heading out.  I've truly enjoyed my eight days here, even if it did cost me a small fortune.  I'm really going to miss Patsy, Bill, Gibbs, Tom and Deb.  There's always next year however, when I'll be a little quieter when boondocking.  I can't wait!!


14 comments:

  1. So many things to learn about a new rig! Those hacks are a couple that we used as well but how soon we forget! The winds finally abated here as well and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful "spring?" day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... and I will probably learn new stuff until I croak!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to pay the price of gas in Bakersfield as we go through (well, you know we will be sleeping there, then gas). Currently Regular is $5.60 a gallon...who know what it will be in three weeks when we actually drive through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do NOT stop at Barstow!! Of course we both knew that! Read the next blog!!

      Delete
  3. Have a safe trip. Yes....knowing how to manually move a slide or the landing legs is good to know. I read about the freezer trick but I never did it. Thank you for the reminder. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My other rig had a residential fridge ... so no need. This one is another story altogether.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you an uneventful trip to your other home. Hopefully you'll never have to use those tricks to manually operate the slide and stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Marlene. Not that I will probably remember if something happens, but maybe .............

      Delete
  5. Safe travels, Nancy. Gibbs watched you pull out as if "where the heck is she going?"
    We will all miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww sweet Gibbs. And we will miss you three!! Bunches!

      Delete
  6. You are way ahead of me Nancy. I'll have to ask Bill how to do those electrical things manually. Great he has shown you because things will happen when you're boondocking with your super solar system. Safe travels today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every rig is different Doug ... check the manual. It will tell you how. On my old rig they were hydraulic, meaning there's a box where you can release the pressure and push them up manually. It was really nice to have someone around who knows that stuff!!!

      Delete
  7. We are glad it worked out to stop for a quick visit. It was fun getting to meet Jonathan. I picked up a thin placemat after our hair appointments what a great idea especially since I do dislike defrosting the freezer...lol
    Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have worked great for me. Hope it helps you out. Defrosting is a pain!!!

      Delete