Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Air Jordan

Another day in the beautiful downtown desert of Critterville.   It's a good thing I have this game camera, because things have been pretty dull around here.  All the activity seems to go on at night when I'm fast asleep, or at least trying to be in spite of the trains lumbering by.  I have to admit I've become very aware of the difference between the new engines and the old.  The old sound like I could reach out and touch them and they rattle the pictures on the wall.  Speaking of which, here comes one now!

They don't seem to bother the critters however, they just wait for the trains to pass before sauntering down the tracks.  It's good the trains go slow here due to sharp corners and uphill terrain.

I'm sad to say my raccoon buddy showed up without her mate ... or maybe this is the male.  It seems the males do most of the food hunting for the family.


I'm surprised the raccoon even stayed for a drink since this beauty showed up two hours before, extremely curious about what had been there before him.  Mostly those pesky rabbits!!


I really did have plans for the day, but I just couldn't get motivated.  I would head to the door, think about the price of fuel and my house repairs, and go sit back down.  I probably did that four times.  Indecision has sadly become the norm.

That brought about the need to manage the pantry sell-by dates.  At least it's easier to make the decision to get rid of the box of cake.  Truly, I only make cake so I can eat frosting.  I even threw in a box of pudding mix just so I didn't throw it away.  My advice .. don't buy that yellow cake mix.  It's awful!!


The cake, or rather the frosting, got me going enough to play the ball game with my kid.  His favorite thing to do is catch the ball mid air.  He places it on the table and pushes it towards me, whereupon it's my job to make it bounce on the table and fly into the air.  He's like Air Jordan ... he catches it every time with all four legs off the ground.  


By the way, he's twelve going on thirteen this year.  Pretty good for an old man!!  Many days if it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't even get up off the couch ... except for cake.


So here's my exciting tip for the day.  You all probably saw this on the internet.  Put your avocados in a pitcher of water in the fridge to keep them from spoiling before you can eat them. Avocados don't really last that long in my house, but I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.  

In spite of all the cold weather and clouds, we haven't had any fabulous sunsets this year.  This is about the best I've seen the last few weeks.


That's it ... a boring day spent trying to get motivated.  Just for kicks, I checked the MiFi.  It now has 12 messages on it.  I put in three more requests for a phone call yesterday, just for laughs.  Still no one has responded to the phone number I left.

Just for entertainment purposes, I'm going to put in three or four call requests every day until someone calls me back.  I'm thinking if you don't have one of their numbers, they won't call.  Anyone want to bet??

Wait ... can you hear it?  The coyote family is meeting up just down the hill.  Love it!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those pictures of your little old man disguised as a kid are adorable! Look at the hair! Cooper, you are so cute ♥
    There isn't much going on here for me at any given time. Same old same old. I guess I should clean today though. That'll give Gibbs more exercise chasing the vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all else fails, eat cake! Sounds like the perfect motto for life. It will be interesting to see when and if you get a call back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I've become pretty good at eating cake over the years. Funny, my phone didn't ring all day.

      Delete
  3. Cooper is so entertaining. He's keeping both of you young. When the kids were little a friend made a snack with Graham crackers and canned chocolate frosting. It was pretty good and so easy. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty Crocker French Vanilla is pretty good for a box cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess I'll just have to try that one. This yellow cake mix tasted a little like chemicals. The frosting did mute that a tad!!

      Delete