Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Bunny Traffic

Speaking of fluffy ..... wouldn't you just love to cuddle one of these guys?  It's hard to tell if there are twenty bunnies or just one or two that saunter back and forth in front of the camera all night long.  I never knew they were so active at night, since that's when the hungry "wolves" are out looking for them.

Rarely do I ever see them during the day, though I have found one of their hiding spots close to the train tracks.  It's not the proverbial rabbit hole, it's just a shelter covered in fallen sticks.  What they eat is a mystery since I've never seen them munch on anything.  Wait for it ... he really doesn't leave.


Literally five minutes later, these guys show up.  I keep thinking I'll catch the chase one day, but so far they only seem interested in the water.  These two hung around longer than normal.

That was the most exciting part of my day.  I was rather slow to get going until I discovered my Verizon bill for the MiFi.  For some reason the bank didn't pay it and I ended up with a bill for $190.00.  I went online and got it paid, only to have the bank pay ANOTHER $90 to them.  Then of course Verizon countered with a $22.86 reconnection fee.  Nope ... not paying it.

I spent the entire day trying to contact they who no longer will talk to you without a minimum 40 minute wait.  Using their app, I made three appointments for a call back, none of which happened.  Even though I put in my callback number, they insisted on calling the MiFi number.  Ummmmm I can't TALK on the MiFi people.  

Finally, stubborn as I am, I actually waited 53 minutes on hold until someone answered.  Nothing makes me madder!!!  They took the charge off my bill.  An entire day WASTED!!

I took it out on the dandelions happily growing in my yard.  You might ask why my grass is brown.  I have discovered if you don't water it much, you don't have to mow it much.  

I did do a little landscaping, in a two foot round pot.  One of these days I'll get pictures of the Chance greenhouse that produces more cactus than you can shake a stick at.  The smaller aloe and the tall whatever-it-is came from there.  If these live, I'll plant this entire area in succulents that require little care.


Mid afternoon, Miss Patty and I wandered on down to Montgomery's Grill and Saloon for a late lunch.


It's much smaller than it looks from the outside.  Service was rather slow because they can't seem to get help.  They are hiring if you are looking.  We ordered the HALF plate of Colossal Nachos (not sure that is really the name of them).  Boy was it colossal!!!  By the time we split that order, we were completely stuffed.  It was VERY delicious, washed down with a strawberry lemonade.  Darn, I should have taken a picture!!!  Guess we'll have to go again!


Stuffed to the gills, I came home and plopped on the couch for more hand sewing.  Looking out the window, I spotted Mrs. Dove.  She seemed completely lost.  Her own special Palm Tree home had disappeared.  She looked rather confused for about five minutes.  The palm was where she built her nest every year.  

I was sad to see her fly off, but that tree behind her has MUCH bigger spikes and would be a safer place to build.  I use that word lightly, since doves are terrible nest builders.


And so ended another day in Arizona.  It's a chilly 34 degrees this morning and we won't even make it to 60 today.  Being cold, it's probably a good day to take Mr. Cooper to the nearby dog park.  Cold usually means no rattlesnakes!!



12 comments:

  1. Fear not, that dove will find somewhere to nest and soothe you with her gentle cooing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that's the truth for sure!!! They do seem to be quite prolific this year.

      Delete
  2. I hate having to deal with those companies. Had a bit of luck with online message service with Frontier, but even then you have to wait for 15-30 minutes. Glad they took the charge off.

    I remember seeing hundreds of Jack Rabbits along US-50 as we traveled back and forth to Missouri just about every year when I was young...always wondered what the heck they ate since everything was so brown looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verizon is officially the worst I've ever dealt with. I think I've seen those rabbits eat dry grass, otherwise there's just nothing here to munch on.

      Delete
  3. I used to have to go to an outlet because Verizon would not except calls from phones other then those on their network. Doves are terrible nest builders. Have seen them on top of Awnings. First gust of wind and it was gone.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried calling a local store, but they said they were not authorized to remove charges. Crazy!!

      Delete
  4. Just because Elva did it, it reached only 64 here today. She's fortunate. Wish the winds would go away for longer than one day.
    Love the cooing of the doves, that tree had to go, she'll understand that and build one of her 'nests'.
    Love your videos, the bunny and the coyotes. Something seems to have spooked them near the end. You do't really want to see a chase, do you? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't WANT to see a chase, I'm just surprised I haven't yet. I keep waiting for the time I can sit on the porch ion the warm sunshine and listen to the birds.

      Delete