Friday, March 4, 2022

Here Kitty Kitty ... Purrrrrrr

The weather in Arizona just can't decide what it's going to do.  Mother Nature is spinning her wand again, providing us with winds 25 to 35 mph today, possible gusts up to 45.  It was my plan to head to Tombstone, but I'm not a fan of Mother Nature's fan.  

It should make for some exciting times this afternoon to see if my latest whirligig survives.  Yup, I found it underneath the bed in the rig.  Sadly, she already lost one petal on the far side.  That actually helps it go around better with a little centrifugal force.  I love the colors!!


Lately I've been catching these guys in the early morning hours partaking of some sweet nectar.  They are a little big to be playing hummingbirds, but the cactus wren beak seems to fit right in the hole.  The hummers don't seem to mind, they just park on the opposite side.


Here's a couple of my favorite videos from the past week.  Mom bobcat came for a nice long drink.  So long in fact, there were not one, but SEVEN videos of her.  


She would stand up, look around, then sit back down.  She would hear something, look around, move off, then come back for another drink.  I swear I could hear her purring!!  She stayed crouched down for quite awhile, then finally wandered off down the hill.  These videos made my day!!


More backyard work, I drilled holes in the oleander stumps from one side to the other and poured in some nice tree killer.  I'm not expecting this to work at all, but maybe it will get sick enough to let go it's hold on the earth and I can dig it out.  Having had to plug in drills most of my life, I'm so excited to have a battery operated one!!!  I'll be doing this for the next week, but it's okay, I love playing with tools.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the binding of this quilt (the edging that is).  It only took three bandaids over my thumb.  Gee .... only eight more to go!!


I finished off the day with what else ..... ice cream.  But not just ANY ice cream, this was FREE!!  Another container of ice cream from Safeway.  It sure makes it taste better!!!  Of course it's the 1.5 quart size, but free is free!!


I think some blueberry pancakes may be in order this morning.  That might motivate me enough to get outside in spite of Mother Nature.


6 comments:

  1. What do you do with all those beautiful quilts.Love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Some I sell (really cheap) and some I give away to organizations like the Elks. My most favorites are on just about every chair in the house. I'll post those I'm selling again, maybe next month.

      Delete
  2. Oleanders are hard to kill. Remember as a kid seeing them lining. Highway 99 between Sacramento and Turlock and beyond...some are still there today. Army and Sandy's neighbor has some that creep over the fence... Army cuts at them but they are persistent little $#@&ers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are ... extremely hard to kill. Especially when they were allowed to grow so big!!

      Delete
  3. Caramel Caribou sounds so good. I can't remember the last time I ate ice cream. Please have a spoonful for me.....Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elva ... I'll have a whole QUART for you!! Actually I like small bars better ... portion control.

      Delete