Sunday, March 20, 2022

Just Hanging .....

Cooper and I were up early and out for a walk.  He would much rather be smelling the sagebrush than sitting at home.  Me too since sitting at home always involves me on the floor pulling on the squeaky toy. 

It started out nice, but the wind quickly came up.  I had two simple tasks in mind.  First, fill the water tank.  Apparently I twisted the knobs in the correct direction because water actually flowed INTO the tank instead of on the ground like my neighbor.

Next up, I made another attempt at the jigsaw puzzle with Patsy, actually finding about ten pieces this time.  It's funny how you can stare at that piece for fifteen minutes before seeing that it goes right in front of you.

Lunch was quick and easy, leftover pizza.  I even have two more pieces to down before I leave.  I had a little talk with myself about not taking too much stuff with me to this appointment in Havasu with the truck.  Dog food and water for Cooper will be taking up most of the space in my one little bag.  

Of no interest to Cooper at all, as we walk around the side of the park, there is an entire covey of dove hanging out here, along with more than a dozen quail.  


At one point I did have second thoughts about Havasu.  Had I picked Yuma instead, I'm sure Ray and Cindy would have put me up and chauffeured me around.  So ... why not call that dealer and see what they say?  Surprisingly, I actually was able to speak to a mechanic.

When I tried to explain, I couldn't really describe the noise.  Then he said ... I kid you not ... a harmonic hum at low speeds, 10-15 mph?  NAILED IT!!  (Out of Bill's mouth first, to this guys ears apparently.)  Yup ... that's a wheel bearing going out he said.  A big sigh of relief escaped my lips.  That shouldn't be too tough of a fix, nor take more than one day ... least I'm HOPING ... so I'm keeping the Havasu appointment!!  (Old picture of my baby that does not require DEF, which is why I keep her.)


Just as I hung up, I got a message from Patsy.  Bob's here!!  Anyone recognize this van??  We sat outside in the breeze and shot the ...... breeze.  I just love meeting the bloggers I've been reading.  And yes, I asked about his chickens and eyed the kayak.  He left before I could swipe it.


In a flash, it was time for him to head out and me to feed Cooper.  The best news of the day is I finally figured out my AC system.  If you put it on COOL, it runs all day and throws out not really cool air.  If you set it on COOL AUTO, it turns on and off, cooling every time.  Too bad I'm now paying for electricity by the kWh.  Yesterday is going to cost me.

The winds will be ramping up again today, practicing for the 45 mph gale that's coming Monday.  At least I won't be pulling a trailer and it will only last two days.  High of 76 today .... YAY!!!





18 comments:

  1. If it is a wheel bearing, you might as well do both wheels, the price to do both at same time will be less than one at a time. Since you are going to a dealer, it is going to cost some $$$, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I double checked my wallet and credit card! LOL. Definitely doing both if that's the problem.

      Delete
  2. Hoping that your truck fix is quick and inexpensive! What is Bob's blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobseyes.net
      He lives up in God's country, but travels in that super fun van.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the truck. Too bad about the winds. Luckily none here. Enjoy the first day of Spring😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting about Bob's visit. I just started following his blog. Praying for a safe trip tomorrow. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you've diagnosed your problem. At least Havasu is closer then Yuma. Let's hope the dealer has the product in stock. Be Safe and Enjoy the fix.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's a bearing, they should have them in stock.

      Delete
  6. Hoping that's your problem! Since your truck doesn't require DEF I'm sure it'd be worth a lot if you ever sold it! :) It looks really nice! Oh and leftover pizza yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been offered a dollar or two ... my truck is in great shape!!

      Delete
  7. That is one reason we keep our Scepter - no DEF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure nice not having to track that stuff down, let alone fill the tank.

      Delete
  8. Things are going to work out great for you tomorrow. I feel it. 😉
    I could tell you were very relieved with the news about a bearing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed that everything goes really well for you tomorrow in Havasu. Then on the way back you can just relax and enjoy the scenery that is such a pretty ride.
    I forgot to mention yesterday, I really liked the picture of the moon you took with the cloud in front of it.

    ReplyDelete