Thursday, March 17, 2022

The BIG Q .......

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

May the luck of the Irish be with you ... and me!! 

Be sure and wear your green today, or get pinched.  Anyone remember that old tradition?  

So ..... I made it to Quartzsite.  In spite of more traffic than I've ever seen (even with the cost of fuel) and a screaming headwind, I arrived, but not without a slight problem.  It seems when I stopped for two minutes (did not turn the engine off) the tow-haul disconnected.  When I realized I was shifting too often, I saw the light not on ... and hit the switch.  Two seconds later, the engine light came on.  RATS!!!  

I didn't even look at it when I arrived at the RV park.  What I DID see was Patsy and Bill waving from the window in the building.  After hugs all around, I had a long conversation with two new employees while trying to explain I didn't need a pull through, I just needed a site I could pull forward in so I didn't have to unhook ... OR backup.  Lucky for me I finally got a 30 amp, drove in and immediately turned on the AC.  It was a warm 84 degrees!!

I relayed my engine light gizzy thing to Bill as I handed him a box of cookies.  Cookie tips are always helpful.  I have something for Patsy also, but it had to wait until later in the day.

Other than the light problem, the trip was uneventful.  I cruised along at 60 mph for the first two hours, then ran into the headwind.  I could hardly keep it at 55, which I'm sure made the 75 mph truckers happy.  I apologize for the filthy windshield, but this section on the way to Buckley begged for a photo.


A little lower in altitude were lupins by the dozens, lining the highway.  Too bad I don't know what these yellow beauties are.


Once settled in ... sort of anyway ... we made plans to eat at Silly Al's, seven of us in all.  I'm sure you'll see duplicate photos on the other blogs.   On the left and around, Patsy, Bill, Tom, Deb, Roland and Lauren.  No clue if I spelled everyone's name right ... we really should all wear name tags.


We beat the crowd on this day and even got a nice parking spot for Black Beauty, Bills HUGE one ton truck.  Conversation flowed as we sipped our margaritas and waited for the pizza.  I got a medium pineapple and ham so I would have food for the next three days.  


My appointment is at 9:00, so I'm cutting this short.  I'm off to see what they can give me for my dollar, or many dollars as the case usually is.  I'll let you know what I end up with.



10 comments:

  1. I bet it was nice to get together with friends in Q. 84 degrees though is getting a little too hot for these two snowbirds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not only fun but I don't know what I would have done without them.

      Delete
  2. Pizza looks awesome as always at Silly Al's! What a good looking group of people! Good luck today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great group of people. So happy I met them all!!

      Delete
  3. If you disconnect your engine battery for about a minute or so it should clear that check engine light...then see if it comes on again before you reach home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT idea Dave. Thank you. Might save me a trip to Blythe.

      Delete
  4. Cute picture and that pizza looks delicious. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva ... we had fun, and of course the pizza is always good.

      Delete
  5. It was nice seeing everyone last night.
    I always look forward to seeing all the wildflowers along the side of the highway as we head east. Sadly that also means a very dirty windshield from all the butterflies and other insects that love those wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true ... I just love the scenery!! VERY good seeing you guys again.

      Delete