Saturday, March 19, 2022

Decisions Decisions .....

A beautiful full moon greeted us as I walked Cooper down the road.  I hoped it would make decision making easier, but no help was forthcoming from the Man in the Moon.


It was rather pretty as one lone strip of clouds fell from the top to the bottom.  Cooper wasn't impressed.


Early on I got a phone call from Jerry Shannon ... a sweetheart of a guy who stopped by on his way to Phoenix to check out my truck.  We ... or rather HE ... removed the battery cable but the engine light did not go off.  I drove around while Jerry listened to the noise, but there was nothing we could do to check it out without putting it on a rack.  I thanked him a bunch and he headed on down the road.  Cooper kept watch for me.


I finally decided to call the Chevy dealership in Blythe.  They could get me in April 1st.  Really?  So I called the dealership in Havasu City and got an appointment for first thing Monday morning.  

Boy is it wonderful to have friends because just then Bill came by and fixed my power cord for the RV lights that I almost pulled out of the rig.  They keep telling me everyone has done these things once or twice.  Okay, I don't feel quite so bad now.

That left me all afternoon to figure out how to put together these jigsaw puzzles Patsy works on.  I think I got a total of 5 pieces in place.


Back at the rig trying to decide what to do with the critters while I'm in Havasu, Jonathan decided it was bath time.  It's bad enough when he does this in his big cage ... but the bathtub here is quite small.


I refilled the cup for him to the very top.  I was beginning to worry if he was ever coming up for air.


That's when he shakes his soaking wet head and gives himself a shower.  What a card he is, yelling pretty boy and disco the entire time.


Lots of gyrations go along with bath time before he finally settles down.  That's when I got the call to head out to LaPaz Valley with Patsy and Bill for a Deb and Tom Happy Hour.


Patsy's sister and her husband also showed up, just back from Mexico.  Time flew by and soon we were going back home.  You'll have to check out Patsy's blog for a picture.  

What's a perfect way to end the day?  Patsy invited me to dinner.  SCORE!!!!   Now this was an EASY decision.  Patsy cooked a nice roast in her Instant Pot.


Just look at that gravy!  Yum YUM!  Everything just hit the spot.


Of course I spotted the dessert first thing in the door, but I thought it was one of Patsy's breakfast creations.  Turns out it was rhubarb crisp, which was topped with whipped cream.  There was no decision about that one ... I ate it up!!


I've no clue what I'll do today ... just waiting around for Monday.  I did have one thought about my truck.  It seemed the noise was a little harmonic sounding.  My air bags are new ... maybe it's air flowing around them at just the right speed to make the sound?  

Just for kicks, I'm going to let the air out and take a short drive to see if there's any difference.

If not, I'm not taking any chances ... I'm going to Havasu.  That was an easy decision.


14 comments:

  1. If you haven't tried Jigsaw explorer on line, give it a try. You can pick the puzzle, and then decide how many pieces you want to do. You can also do the border pieces first. I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked it up. That's going to ruin my unlimited data!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow. This turned into a great day....a big group for happy hour....comfort food for dinner.....entertainment from Jonathan. Now you have the weekend to check out Celia's Garden! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would if I thought I could drive my truck! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great day of visiting and eating. Life of luxury. Send me a text of what you had done for solar. Curious. Glad you found a quicker place to have the truck checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I don't REALLY have to be anywhere!! It's been nice hanging out!!

      Delete
  4. It was nice seeing you again; we were glad you all came out for Happy Hour. A dinner invitation is always a good thing...lol
    Fingers crossed it is the air bags and if not it is an easy quick fix on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your great hospitality. I had a lot of fun catching up!!!

      Delete
  5. Better to be sure what the problem is with the truck. Maybe ask Bill to go with you so they don't try to pull the wool over your eyes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Q.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope truck has a easy fix. I hate breaking down and sitting on the highway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Becky. I wish there was a closer repair shop. I think I'm just lucky Bill caught it when he rode with me.

      Delete