Tuesday, March 29, 2022

New Post Office Friend??

Wow ... the rain did fall, making it even MORE obvious that the gutters need to be cleaned.   This round turned out to be half an inch in fifteen minutes, even with the blue sky.  It hasn't rained in California like that in ages!!  At least this time it was short and sweet, meaning I actually got some sleep last night.  Even Cooper didn't want to get up this morning!!


My handy dandy spice racks showed up yesterday.  As much as I hate Amazon's big business attitude and ridiculous fees to be a prime member, they are fast on the draw when it comes to delivery.  I hate them but I love them!  

There are two of these, one being plenty big enough for the door hanging spice rack, so I will find a spot for the other one ... maybe in the bathroom for towels.  I do need to take more than one bath towel since mine ended up on the floor for Cooper.  It's hard to dry off with washcloths.


I spent more time than I wanted trying to get ahold of the insurance lady about the check they sent back.  No one could figure it out, so I'm delivering it to her today so she can credit my account.  I'm just shaking my head over that one.  I paid it, they sent me a refund check and billed my loan company???

Next up, the dreaded Post Office.  They definitely are not my favorite since having all the boxes broken into and not notifying anyone, or at least not me.  I've finally learned, after all these many years, that I have to get my attitude in ship shape before I go there.  It's going to take forever, there will be a really long line and I will have to explain things to them like talking to a wall.  Just relax ... you've got all day.

Luckily I pulled in just as the ambulance pulled out, so I got a parking spot.  Probably someone who had a heart attack from dealing with the government office.  Hallelujah the guy who gave me the 4 month extension on holding my mail, was at the counter, complete with 1" holes in his ears and tattoos from one end to the other.  It doesn't bother me, it just makes me wonder.

Remember me?  I gave him my spiel.  Yes he did and he was nice as could be.  He put all my mail in my bag, WITHOUT all that sale crap.  If they can do that when they are holding your mail, why can't they do that with your P. O. Box??  I throw away 80% of the contents of my large box.

I went outside and sorted through it in the truck.  I was throwing letters and junk everywhere!!  At last I found the four pieces of paper required to get my tax documents off to the CPA.  Yes I'm an accountant and should do my own, but it's WAY too complicated.

Back in I went with my big box to be mailed.  When he saw me coming, he said "deja vu"!!!  We carried on a conversation while he waited on three people.  I laughed because this was the first time I've been in here and not been furiously mad!!!  It was actually a good experience.  I have a new friend at the Post Office!!

Back to the RV ... this is my latest want/need thing I'm going to try and make for the rig.  I have a huge hole in the same place where I want to carry my bbq, but getting it in and out is a pain.  This would be perfect!!  Not sure I can install a drawer, but I'm going to try.


Dinner was basically from a can.  Here's my tip of the day.  Since beef is so expensive at the moment, I fried up half hamburger and half ground chicken.  You cannot tell the difference at all, and the chicken is cheaper.  I dumped in cans of rotel tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce and olives and layered it in this springform pan with tortillas and cheese.


Be sure to wrap the bottom in foil so it doesn't drip all over your oven.  I baked it at 350 for 45 minutes, then let it set up a bit before removing the sides.  Instant enchilada casserole.


It was quite tasty as I celebrated a good day at the Post Office ..... a first!  Today will be another special day worth celebrating ....... BINGO!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. That enchilada casserole looks amazing and sounds so easy!! Glad you had an enjoyable time at the Post Office! our taxes aren't that complicated but we have a company in Winnemucca we love so we have them do it. I feel the same way about Amazon, but since I pay for prime I don't mind having them send one item at a time if that's the way I order it. Even though I've found the 2 day prime doesn't always exist anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost of driving 30 miles to find most of what I buy is why I use Amazon almost exclusively any more, plus the fact that most of the stores around here just don't carry anything. We have something like 8 dollar stores.

      Delete
  2. Our post office is much the same. We either get "the good one" or "the crabby lady" or "the crabby guy". So, we basically got a 1 in 3 chance of having a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our crabby lady left, replaced by a 20-something that can't figure out the computer! LOL

      Delete
  3. I miss the days when our Post Office employees were in school with me or good friends. If you have a keeper stay buddies with him/her.
    Yesterday I had a return of 2 Direct Tv receivers...they told me take it to UPS and they would box and charges go to Direct TV. So when I go in .... they guy says: Nope you have to go across town to a UPS Store, and they will take care of it.
    So off I go 30 mins of travel and they did it fast and just as I was told. Now we wait for credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have found you have to go to the RIGHT store to get Amazon credits. Glad you got it taken care of ... hope you get the credit!!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm happy that you have a friend in the P.O. and that you can get the service you deserve. :)
    Your enchilada casserole looks amazing! Thank you for the tip. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've made that casserole in your instant pot. Just don't use too much sauce! It was your lasagne that motivated me!!

      Delete