Friday, April 1, 2022

Spring Days Bring Chores!!

It was what I consider a day off yesterday.  I didn't have any State agency to deal with and I didn't have anywhere to go.  Those are no makeup .. no comb the hair .. and no getting dressed in tight "good" clothes days.  Big girl Levis with holes in them are the preferred wear.  I'm even thinking overalls!!!

Cooper loves it too since he gets to snuggle with Mom on the couch for at least two hours, just snoozing away.  I can't help it.  He's such a good watch pup, he deserves it.  Without him, I never would have known my new Mikita battery had arrived for the drill.


I stuck it in the old charger and hit the buttons a few times until the red light came on.  Charging!!  Back to the couch I went when all of a sudden I heard BANG!!!!!  I thought someone broke in the back door.  I made a mad rush for the bedroom and came sneaking back out with gun in hand.



Nope .... no one broke in, but the battery was a gummy mess running down the front of my cabinets.  What the heck?????  Wow ... what a mess THAT'S going to be to clean up!!  In actuality, it took me no time at all to toss everything into the trash can, because what day is it?  It's April fools day!!  I did get the battery, I charged it up and it worked just fine in the drill.  YAY!!

Too bad the joke was on me however when during the last big rain, I discovered my gutters required cleaning.  It's not a job I like, perched on the next to the top rung of the ladder.  There's no leaves to extract, just one to two inches of mud, making them so heavy they are sagging in places.  

It's easy to maneuver the ladder on concrete, but when it comes to the sections with flower beds below, I have to make sure the ladder is stable.  The back wasn't too bad, only requiring eight full bucket loads to be dumped in the flower beds.  I certainly got in my exercise for the day.

Once the ground has completely dried up, I'll work on the front of the house.  I don't need any April fools jokes that land me in the hospital, so those sides will have to wait.

I spent a good time organizing all the fabric I brought back from Tucson.  Good grief ... every time I do this I SWEAR I won't buy any more!!  This one is called flying geese and will sit on a white background.  Due to puppy dog paws, I would rather not use the white it calls for, but I'm NOT buying any more fabric!!


This morning is the dreaded DMV appointment I finally latched on to after two hours on their website.  I definitely should have picked another day.  I'm sure this will hold a GREAT April fools joke for me, which is yet to be seen.  Maybe if I expect the absolute worst, I'll be happy with whatever penalty they decide to mete out.  I'm pretty sure this will take at least three visits to get done.  I'll let you know what happens!!!



6 comments:

  1. Good joke, sure got me. April 1st is always a special day to us...dad was a April Fools baby. Lots and lots of joke gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got caught a couple of times ... like the CHP office setting up cameras to catch us using our phones. I should have known.

      Delete
  2. You sound like me when I'm at home LOL. Your April fools was too cute. I read faster than Ken, he's like what?! Then he saw it..LOL. Always chores and more chores in the nice weather! Hope DMV went ok...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so intent on DMV that I almost forgot it was 4/1!!

      Delete
  3. You got me with that joke! Thank you for not leaving me to dwell on it too long!
    Good luck at the DMV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I just read about that happening and thought it was perfect for moi!!!

      Delete