Saturday, April 16, 2022

More Snow On The Way?

 I suppose it's just part of getting old, this sleepless night thing.  Seems the four hour bell rings in my head after the first good four hours.  From there on, it's dream after dream with a few nightmares thrown in for good measure, making it impossible to wake up feeling refreshed.  The good part is the tapping of little feet on the covers next to me because he sleeps like a rock all night long!!!  AND half the day!


This is a pretty good reflection of my morning pre-coffee demeanor, not to mention my feelings about the weather.  At least it has warmed up with expected rain for the next five out of seven days.  That's okay since we desperately need the water.  I should know better by now since winter never seems to give up until May.  Mother Nature fools us with a couple of warm days, then throws some snow on the hills.


I actually got up off my lazy butt and went for a run in the beautiful morning sun.  On this morning I ran into four dogs trailing their owners.  I've never heard so much barking, which activated the barky alarms on either side of the road, followed by peacock screaming.  There's no way you can sneak around this neighborhood.

I did a half and half this time ... half walking and half running.  I call it running, but honestly, it's jogging which continually gets slower until I can't breathe any more.  Then it's back to walking to finish off the 2.25 miles.  Hmmm maybe that's why I'm so tired during the day.  Amazingly, I feel pretty good so far with no sore muscles.  


It was a no makeup no hairdo day ... just laying around until I discovered Cooper was out of food.  Every time I find beef on sale, I buy a package or two and freeze it.  Time to drag it out and heat up the instant pot.  Not that it needs to cook quickly, it's just so much easier on the cleanup.  

Once he hears the "done" beep, he sits by the counter and barks until I get it out and he gets a taste or two.  I'm so well trained.  You would be too if you had to listen to that sharp little "I'm hungry" bark!!!  Little does he know I always steal some for tacos.

That's when I discovered via a Facebook group that a recall is out on the refrigerators in Grand Design Reflection rigs.  There have been several, but up to now, none have been on my model.  It's something about a wire behind the fridge that isn't nailed down, which could spark and cause a fire.  Just what you want to hear.

I haven't received any notices, so I called, but of course it was Good Friday and Easter weekend, so no one was home.  If nothing else, the internet is certainly good for things like that!!  Of course there's no way I'm going back to Lazy Days to get it fixed.  RV dealers seem to have become nightmares, even worse that what my little brain can come up with!!  

I have to give it up to Grand Design ... they have a huge list of mobile techs.  They give you a phone number and you get it fixed just about anywhere you are.  I'm holding good thoughts for not being on the "freak out" list.


I hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend and celebrates the real reason for this holiday, for He has risen!!  May your deviled eggs not be overcooked, your ham not burned and be thankful you're not eating at my house, because I just described dinner.  


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Easter to you and the fur kids!!

      Delete
  2. A blessed Easter to you too! If you want to trek to Yuba City we are having brunch. Menu is home made Chorizo (my mother's recipe), fried potatoes, maybe homemade refried beans and flour tortillas that my Tucson niece shipped to us. Doesn't everyone eat Chorizo at Easter time? Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that sounds wonderful Elva!! Homemade chorizo? Wow! It all sounds delicious!!

      Delete
  3. Cute picture of Cooper on the couch!! Good for you for getting out and jogging and walking! Elva's Easter menu sounds delicious except the chorizo for me (Ken would love it) Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Shirley .. that food sounds really good and all homemade!!

      Delete
  4. Yep, those Fridge Fires is what took our Motorhome out in Storage back in 2014...not ours, but another which was under cover with ours....took everyone's out. They are STILL trying to settle the lawsuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that fire ... something you never think would happen, especially in a storage facility!!

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter. He has risen! Such a cute puppy face. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooper does look well rested. Our daughter said it was snowing where she is in the UP and they mentioned the word snow in the forecast for Sunday night where we are in Indiana. I am not thinking this is funny at all. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem the weather is about the same clear across the U.S. Hope you guys don't get caught up in it unless you are in a nice park with lots of electricity!!!

      Delete
  7. Always enjoy your posts!
    Living up the valley from you we’re hoping for more rain too.
    We have not RV’d in long time but remember there was always
    this or that to fix or have fixed. Still much fun and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! It's nice to see some wet ... I'm hoping it continues for another month. We could use it!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy Easter Nancy. I always enjoy reading your story every morning. Your adventures and Cooper's sweet face always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete