Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Blogger and Bingo

What's up with Blogger?  I've no idea.  All of a sudden when I checked it yesterday, there was some new captcha response block.  It doesn't ask you to find the pictures of motorcycle fenders or ants on the ground, but it does look different for both you and I when it comes to responses.  I didn't change anything, so I have no idea.  

I would try to get it back to what it was, but going through all that programming stuff takes hours that I don't have since the RV rally is back on.  More on that later. 


It started out rather different yesterday morning.  I don't remember the sun coming up this far to the left of my house.  It's usually straight out front.  Did I miss some epic earth rotation?  It was still nice sipping my coffee outside in the cool morning air, it was just unusual.


That's when I got an email that the RV rally was back on.  The speeder guys apparently decided they didn't want to do this because it wasn't safe ... so they cancelled on us.  We have been planning this for two years.  Wish they would have said something a year ago!!   Now what? 

The rally organizer wants to go way up there anyway, then drive over an hour to the steam train ride in Jamestown.  This is going to be a huge waste of fuel for me since I could just drive to Jamestown in about 40 minutes.  I felt bad though, since I'm bringing a good portion of the food for the weekend.  

So after much deliberation (really me trying to come up with a good excuse not to go) I gave in.  Folded like a deck of cards.  I'll drive to Jackson tomorrow, but I'm not doing the drive down to Jamestown.  I've ridden that train several times.  I'll hit the antique stores instead.

And so that brings me to BINGO!!  I went in very early to meet with the bookkeeper over some Elks stuff.    With that done, I met with the crew for an extra large coke to wake me up and provide a little sugar rush.  Thirty minutes before opening, my helper said she couldn't make it.  RATS!!

Like any good Castle Accountant, I conscripted a peasant (actually said you come with me) and put her to work.  It was a major frenzy as we ran through 151 bingo players in record time.  I'm pretty sure that's also a record for participation.  They were packed in like sardines.

Again there were dozens of "I've never been here before" new players, so I was extra careful to explain about not losing their red ticket.  I also cautioned them to never leave anything sitting on their table if they choose to go buy food or use the facilities.  It's like magic in the dungeon .. things just disappear into thin air, or someone's pocket as the case may be.

One lady was extremely happy that I found a 100 dollar bill in her pile of bingo money.  She said she lost it a couple days ago and was distressed.  I would be too.  At least now she can buy food for her family.  


That was it ... no fights, no hair pulling, no police ... just a lovely LATE night at Bingo because the infernal machine felt sorry for me and balanced to the penny.  It was also a good distraction from the thought of towing my RV into the Sierra Nevada mountains.  Yes, the stress and nervousness has arrived!!

You are probably tired of these foxy videos, but here's just one more of the love birds together.  The smaller female showed up a little late to dinner, but her hubby let her have a few snacks.  I thought maybe he would chase her off.  What a sweet couple!!


So today, instead of relaxing, I have a dentist appointment, followed by frantic packing.  It would definitely be easier if I didn't have a menagerie of critters to take with me.  My blood pressure is probably through the roof as I take deep breath after deep breath saying "you'll be fine"!!!  Hopefully one of these days I'll get over it.  I don't know why pulling a horse trailer full of horses all over the west coast never bothered me before.  Relax Nancy ..... you'll be fine!!


12 comments:

  1. It seems the more you do it the less stressful it will become.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy the Rally.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Highway 88 - Highway 49 area! Hope you find some good stuff to buy in Jackson, and don't forget Sutter Creek too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been up there in probably 30 years. It will be fun to check it out.

      Delete
  3. Yes. How we comment on your blog has changed. I knew it wasn't any change you had made. Uggg. I hope you have a fun time at the rally! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a great time ... nice people and antique stores!!

      Delete
  4. You will probably have good time in Jackson. This time
    of the year and the fall it’s always nice.
    I’m like you , I’d skip the train ride. Done that too.
    Always good antiquing there and Sutter Creek,
    my favorite. Be sure and share yours finds with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sutter Creek ... it's on my list! The weather looks to be nice, so it will be a good time I'm sure.

      Delete
  5. Thought my name would show on my comment.
    Things have changed.
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that too ... apparently you have to check the "name" box below and actually type in your name now. Found that when I commented on someone else's blog.

      Delete
  6. I noticed the same thing while commenting and was not sure if they were going through. We too are going antiquing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy ... you guys are going to have fun! It's one of my favorite pastimes!! We'll have to share the finds.

      Delete