Thursday, April 28, 2022

GOOD MORNING!!

 Actually, I feel like gd morn ... it was a short night.  Things that go bump in the night easily wake me up.   I can't seem to get over the fact that my neighbor took up residence in his attic next door when he and his wife broke up.  I'm constantly listening to my ceiling when I hear noises, since my attic is as big as a hotel suite!!  

None the less, Cooper and I were up, both looking forward to coffee and a ball game.  Yes, this goes on every morning, first thing.  I roll the ball to him with my foot, he rolls it back, I kick it again, repeat!


Sometimes his roller nose makes it go a little wonky.  This goes on for about five minutes while I practice balancing on one foot, then I kick it clear across the room.  That signifies the game is over and it's time for that chewy treat!!  Hard to believe he's 13 years old.


After games and coffee, I checked the camera.  Seems there's a new cat in town!!  Instead of throwing out that old chicken leg, I tossed it to the kitties.  No foxes showed up this morning, just two kitties who ate everything but the bone.  No wonder I never find any mice around this house.


I did a little packing, getting most of the food into the fridge.  There's not much in the way of clothes and boots since I never really unpacked it when I got back from Tucson.  I'm checking everything twice and three times to be sure I don't forget something important like my checkbooks.  I can't tell you how hard it was to balance when I got back!!

Finally it was time to head to the dentist!  Just teeth cleaning on this day.  Heck I can't afford anything else.  One time they asked if the Doc could just check my teeth.  Sure I said, not knowing it was going to cost me $150 just to shake his hand.  

Now of course they want x-rays!  In fact, demand them since it's been five years.  I have no problems whatsoever, so I'm not sure why this is required other than the $271 it will cost me.  I know, I squeak when I walk!!  

The huge rose bush at the front door had the most amazing smell.  You may wonder why I'm standing in the garden.  They are still requiring masks.  Sorry I said, no can do.  They made me wait outside.  I'm thinking I need a new dentist.


I do like the gal that cleans my teeth though.  She's a bubbly talkative youngster who just got an RV and loves to camp out.  This weird picture is of her dental floss.  I use it constantly, which I think is one reason I don't have bad teeth.  It's funny, but I can't seem to find any floss around here.  I've no clue why, so I asked what she uses.  It's coconut flavored, which of course makes it very expensive.  I'll see if I can find it online.


Once again I got an A+ and I was out the door, $100 poorer.  I may just have to start going to Mexico for cleanings.  

Later in the afternoon, I cooked up a batch of meatballs.  There's a happy hour with appetizers at 4:30 today, so I'll be prepared.  I cheated for the second happy hour ... I just bought a big bag-o-chips.  So much easier to prepare!!


I spent the rest of the afternoon wondering why I'm not spending all day packing.  I guess I don't require near the stuff I usually do.  Less is certainly better when it comes to packing.  I'll be off today around noonish since they don't allow check-ins until 3:00.  I don't know why, there's only concrete, and it's not like they have to clean up the room and wash the sheets.

Here's hoping the trip is a breeze!!


6 comments:

  1. That's always my problem when I'm alone, is the noises you hear...glad I'm not alone too often LOL. Meatballs look yummy! Enjoy the drive, I'll be curious to see where you are staying. Hopefully you get to go antiquing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels ... even though it is a short distance it is California Roads and California Drivers. Did you know that in this past week of being in California I have been passed more by someone going over a double yellow line than I have in the past four months and I was doing the speed limit each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly nice drive. Not one crazy driver ... this time.

      Delete
  3. We have used the Mexican dentists a few times for teeth cleanings, fillings and crowns. So far we have been very happy. We do have insurance for preventative but we would have to drive over 8 hours to go to find somewhere the insurance covers since it is near where Barb used to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's a long way to drive!! Maybe find a place with a dentist and an antique store!

      Delete