Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The Restaurant Critics Speak!!

I've never been known for my cooking, although I can bake a mean Marie Callender's Dutch Apple Pie!!  I must have thought I was though, because at one time I was the cook at a pack station in the high Sierra mountains, serving between 20 and 40 people at every meal.  There was also some search and rescue in between, which is the only reason I took the job.  

I started at 4:00 in the morning by lighting a fire in the wood stove.  Between cooking and dish washing (by hand) I worked until 7:00 at night.  I never got any complaints.

To be honest, I think they hired me because I was the only one who could fry that many eggs over a wood stove and not break the yolks.  As for my culinary expertise, the red fox said it all in this first video.  


I was shocked!!!  Since the other canned dog food didn't go over well at all, I put out some of Cooper's expensive Science Diet kibble.  I mean really, what are they eating?  There's absolutely nothing in my back yard that I'm aware of other than a kitty or two, or maybe a lone gopher.  I guess the restaurant critics have spoken, and it's definitely NOT in my favor.  Check out THIS video!!!!  


Sorry, but I cut off the end of the movie.  I doubt you really want to see THAT image!!  Well that sure added insult to injury!!!  Yup .... in this video there's a nice little pile-o-poo right where the first gourmet offering was spread all over the concrete table.  I was caught between laughing uncontrollably and pure shock!


 Kudos to the Magpies and whatever that second bird is (I tried to look it up but got nowhere) who weren't near as picky.  They ate every bit of dog food, leaving the pile-o-poo for me to clean up.  So much for my culinary presentations.  

With beef prices so high, there won't be any meat scraps for them.  They would probably thumb their nose at it anyway!!

It was another late night at Bingo, which I'll tell you about tomorrow.  Getting in late and up early doesn't compute well, which will be followed by a visit to the vet for meds (for Cooper, not me) and yet another Elks Meeting.  Maybe I'll even sneak in a few minutes of shut eye.


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Bill ... weird, I don't think I've ever seen one around here before.

      Delete
  2. It is a good thing the workers at the pack station did not react the same way to your offerings! The bird is definitely a Jay. I am thinking a Mexican Jay also known as a grey-breasted jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Although sometimes I wonder! Pretty sure I've never seen any jays around here before.

      Delete
  3. Laughed at the coyote's visits! Woops, notice how he looked around first to see if he had an audience. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that funny? He actually went over and smelled the camera a few minutes later.

      Delete
  4. It is a California Scrub Jay, get them in Arny's backyard all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen them before Dave. I was wondering what that pretty blue bird was.

      Delete
  5. Those videos of the Fox where way to funny. It almost looked like it knew the camera was there and was looking straight at you...lol The birds seem to be happy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Deb. Maybe they smelled me on the camera because it was obvious who it was directed at!! LOL

      Delete
  6. You just can't please everyone. LOL!
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fox had me laughing our loud 🤣 Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Elva ... so funny (and shocking) to watch!!!

      Delete
  8. Your unknown bird is a scrub jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't see them very often.

      Delete
  9. That fox is crazy! I agree with Elva we were laughing! I know nothing about birds LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I mentioned, I was shocked!! He sure made a statement!

      Delete