Tuesday, April 5, 2022

More RV Questions For You

I can't get over how nice the weather is here.  It seems weird for it to be so perfectly cool at night, followed by perfectly warm all day long.  I'm hoping this "spring" lasts the entire month of April.  Yesterday, I lounged around the back yard sipping my fake coffee for much longer than necessary.  I was only interrupted by the barking of Cooper, who had rolled his ball under something and couldn't reach it. 


Okay .... time to get to it.  My first objective of the day was to try out my new lounge chair, a recent Amazon purchase that took one day for delivery.  It's a backpack type with shoulder straps to make it easy to carry.  It was perfect, just like the weather, and I envisioned myself laying out on the patio.

It took me 15 minutes to get it set up.  The legs wouldn't stay put, so every time I went to the other end, the first end fell down.  At long last it was upright and I sat down.  That was probably my biggest mistake.  I almost couldn't get back up.  This thing sits about six inches off the ground.  I finally rolled over, hands on the ground and ended up on my knees.  Geeze!!!!!

It's now boxed up and ready to be deposited at the UPS store for return.  There's got to be something easier to navigate out there.
Undaunted, I spent the next two hours on the phone.  I verified that Arizona would mail my Jeep title to me ... but hey ... California already gave me my plates, so I'm not in any hurry to get it to them.  Next I spoke to Noble Motorsports about installing a Tekonsha brake system for the trailer, and they said not only would they do it, but they had them in stock.  I'll drop by today for an estimate.

In the meantime, I made a little chicken/hominy soup for lunch.  Yes, I suppose there is more chips and cheese than soup, but it was good nonetheless.  Unfortunately I now have enough for the next eight days.  It's always so hard to cook for just one.  


On to the RV questions ..... Does anyone have a water softener for their rig ... one of those blue bottles you see hooked up to the city water faucet?  I keep reading about ruining the hot water heater and plumbing from hard water scale.  In my old rig, I never used anything, but I was constantly cleaning out the faucet ends so water could actually go through the spigot.  They apparently have salt inside, which you need to replace every so often??  They run about $250 and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Next question ..... the lovely (very thin) plastic wall in the rig shower has come away from the ACTUAL wall.  If I push it back, it sticks, but just for a few seconds.  I'm thinking construction caulking (I have some Liquid Nails), although I'm not sure I can reach up under the thin panel to spread it around.  I don't want to pull the panel off completely since it's stuck under the door on one side.  Anyone think this will work?  

I suppose I could take it back for warranty work, but that will take months and more time than it's worth.  Nothing underneath has gotten wet since it sticks out from the wall quite a ways, so that's not a problem.  Wish I had caught it sooner when I was around the guys who know how to fix this stuff!!

I spent the rest of the day sewing this fabric that looked beautiful when I bought it.  It does nothing for me here.  Maybe when I get a little further in, it will grow on me.


I'm afraid I'll be yawning like crazy tonight at BINGO ... yes it's another adventure in gambling.  Cooper had me up three times last night.  I don't think it was because he really had to go out, I think he just wanted to play, the little rat!!!  The good part is they are serving tacos tonight, made from that same taco meat I love!!!  Woohoo!!


16 comments:

  1. What a lovely first picture. What are those flowered bushes? I'm glad you are having nice spring days. :)
    I like the looks of the chair, seems I need a new one now. This one is pooched. :( Looks and sounds though like yours might be a beach chair? I agree, that seems low to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flowers are actually rose bushes. Soon they will be completely covered in red. As for the chair, I guess it's a beach chair, easily packable, but way too low to the ground.

      Delete
  2. Clearsource Premium RV Water Filter System | Pristine Water. Unparalleled Water Flow. Built-in Stand.
    WE have used this system for years on our RV's. Only need to replace filters as needed when flow becomes weak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look it up. Thank you so much!!! Being able to drink out of the faucet ... priceless!!

      Delete
  3. Ditto Patsy....lovely bushes. What are they? Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose bushes!!! I'll get a closer picture next time.

      Delete
  4. That's quite the picture you painted of getting out of your chair! LOL. I love those bushes too! Anything with chips and cheese sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those outside blue filters with our first two motorhomes, have not with this one. It just was such a pain to hook up and not leak that I just did not want to bother again. We only run our hot water tank when we need it and then turn right off again. Have had no problems with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't bother except the water in Arizona is so very hard ... lots of scaling even at my house, which is city water.

      Delete
  6. We have used a Double Filter system for years but never a Water Softener. Our Faucets have never plugged up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Bingo.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh ... maybe I have a filter system I don't know about. There was one on my other rig. It slowed down the water flow considerably, even with brand new filters. Maybe I just need filters and not softeners.

      Delete
  7. ON-THE-GO is what we use. We have a double unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol ... I'll look up that one. Seems it would save me a lot over buying bottles of water.

      Delete
  8. We bought a Soft Cell from Jim at an fmca rally 5 years ago. We had replaced the Atwood heater because the tank was ate out and leaking. we replaced it with a Suburban, with the glass lined tank, stays cleaner with softner. Your choice, ca or az water is never soft!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the water ... it's hard!! I'll check out the soft cell. If they would just have the Indio Rally, I could check them all out at one place!!

      Delete