Sunday, April 24, 2022

Midnight Snacks

As much as I wanted to be up and at 'em this morning, I'm slow to get going.  That means I appreciate my coffee more than normal as I sit at my computer.  

It seems retribution began to take place around 8:00 last night.  Not by me.  Even though I can think up all kinds of crazy things, I've never put any of them into practice.  It has to do with loud partying all night long, of which you've heard me speak many times.

THIS time however, the joke was on the usual perpetrators next door.  THIS time it was one door down, meaning right next to the beer party band house and not next to me.  I smiled a big Cheshire Cat grin.  The noise makers are a very nice East Indian family.  I only know them from Trick or Treating.  There must have been some very special occasion in their household.

The lights bright enough to land a 747 and the crazy loud music went on for hours and hours.  I was smiling because that's right next to the bedroom of the house next door.  It was so loud I finally had to retreat to the far room in my house and pull the covers over my head, so you can imagine how the house in-between us felt.  I smiled again since they are the ones always making a racket, but got no sleep whatsoever, probably payment for wishing all those bad things upon the neighbors who usually have the concert 30 feet from my bedroom wall.

On to the critter cam as I try to shake off the exhausted feeling.  Kitty kitty got a nice meal of chicken skin.  No one owns the cats around here ... they are all wild, so a meal here and there is appreciated.   She or he keeps looking over their shoulder, so I expect Foxy to show up.  

I determined Foxy to be a female since every time she comes by, she marks her territory.


At last Foxy showed up to smell the concrete from the chicken, then left.  A few minutes later, she was back.  You have to look very closely.  She has an egg in her mouth as she heads to the back of my corrals.  I've come across several egg shells back there and was wondering where they came from.  I've got no idea where she found the egg, but I hear chickens around here all the time.  She's a smart cookie.


In the afternoon, I went back to working on this.  As my best buddy Patty says, if I had known there was so much math involved in quilting, I might have chosen something else as a hobby.  It's so much easier if you have a pattern, which I did not.  I just winged this whole thing.

The first try on the side borders, I was half an inch off, even after three 8x11 sheets of paper doing calculations.  That was an easy fix.  The top and bottom came out perfectly.  That probably won't happen again in a hundred years.  It's a nice size and I love the panel in the middle.  In fact I liked it so much, I ordered another one.  

Next time I go to Bingo, I'll take it and make sure it's approved before quilting it for her this summer.


Which brings me to the Elks meeting.  I thought up all kinds of excuses not to go before telling her it was just too expensive for me, having just given all my cash to Uncle Sam and the grocery store.  I just didn't realize how much this Elks thing would cost me, let alone how much time I spend down there.  She said no problem, although she will have to make an excuse for me.  

I did think about it long and hard, but sometimes you just have to say no!  Especially in light of just learning I'm cooking the Mother's Day Brunch.  Apparently I'm an easy mark.

Update:  company not expected until late today showed up at 8:00.  Another good reason to pass on the meeting.  I'll go next time.

The RV rally is coming up quickly this week, so I'll be making list after list, checking them three times and packing for a four day adventure riding speeders ... those little cars that follow steam trains and put out the fires they set from embers flying out the stack and off the wheels.  It should be a fun ride.



12 comments:

  1. Cindy says she doesn't like the math part of quilting either and that is one reason she keeps me around.. I don't mind doing the math for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See ... it's not just us!! It's hard to figure out that stuff!

      Delete
  2. That quilt is wonderful...now find a way to mass produce! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave. It's one of the few panels I really like.

      Delete
  3. Good on you for saying no, it is ok to do that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it often, so when I do say no, it's a hard decision.

      Delete
  4. The term "What comes around, goes around" plays well for your immediate neighbours.
    It is hard to do but sometimes you have to say "No".
    Still like that Quilt.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It just took awhile for it to "come around".

      Delete
  5. I chuckled over your glee gym the party, even though you had to still pull the covers over your head!!😁
    Love the quilt and i remember Bill and i telling you to say 'no' once in a while. Yay! You did it!!
    Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I was smiling!! Yes you did say "no" was a word I needed to learn. Your encouragement paid off!!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful quilt.
    The word no can be freeing; it is just a hard word to use sometime. Yay for using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on both accounts!! I was feeling pretty good about it ... all day long!!

      Delete