Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Rollin' In The Cow Pies!!!

 I don't know how many of you have been on a ranch, but I've found over the years that it doesn't matter where it is.  Dogs love to roll in stinky stuff.  Our ranch dogs would find the biggest wettest cow pie they could find, and spend ten minutes rolling in it to give them the perfect perfume for the day.  I think it hales back to the wolves.  Stinky stuff masks their scent so they can hunt undetected.  Heaven forbid there was a dead anything around, because that was our dogs A-One Acme Company perfume preference.

So when I watched this video, I was shocked into laughing out loud!!   I'll just let you watch it.


Who knew that even the sly fox did the same?  You see ... there was this can of dog food that Cooper refused to eat.  I thought why not let the fox have a free meal.  Knowing they are not fond of paper plates or tin pans, I just dumped it on the sidewalk.  I guess now I know why Cooper wouldn't eat it.  It must have been pretty bad!  This is hilarious!!


Now wide awake, I decided I've been sitting WAY too long.  It's time to get outside and hit the roads for some exercise.  I started out walking, but if you've ever been a runner, it doesn't take long before you just can't stand it ... you break into a trot.  I went a lot farther than I thought I would, not having run for so long.  It was about half a mile before I was gasping for air, so I slowed to a walk as I marveled at this Mother Nature creature.  

The males wander the rooftops while the females sit underneath.  Although quite far away from my house, I can hear them call out every morning.


Just look at how long that tail is!!!  I don't think I've ever seen one this magnificent!!


I ran another half mile on the way back home and hit the aspirin bottle, just in case there were going to be residual effects.  Surprisingly, I'm feeling pretty good this morning.  My plan was to then hang out and get some rays from Mr. Sun, but Mother Nature stepped in and said no.  It rained lightly for a couple of hours, forcing me into the sewing room.


I'm liking this one a little better I suppose, but I equate it to those cow pies.  It's probably not one I would like to roll in, but we shall see.  Maybe it will grow on me.


I'll try to get another run in this morning since it's going to be a busy day later on.  I have to meet at the Elks Lodge at 2:30 for a speech writing session, then it's BINGO, followed closely by crashing, hopefully before 11:00 pm.  Cooper's doctor's appointment is early Wednesday.  He's not going to like me much ... it's time for  s  h  o  t  s.  


6 comments:

  1. https://news.wisc.edu/schultz-dog-vaccines-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting read. You may have just changed my mind.

      Delete
  2. That tells you how good that Dog Food really is. I'll bet you won't be buying that brand anymore.
    Congrats on the short runs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that something? I sure was surprised they wouldn't eat either one!!

      Delete
  3. Peacocks are beautiful birds for sure! Running and/or jogging just never was my thing. I'd be better off if it was for sure, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I got hooked on running ... probably because I was bored!!! LOL

      Delete