Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Was It A Full Moon??

With all the goings on at the Magic Kingdom last night, it surely must be a full moon.  You know, those times when absolutely everything goes wrong?

The day began normal enough with Mr. Cooper playing his ball game.  He pushes the ball with his nose far enough under something that he can't retrieve it.  Then he barks until I get down on my hands and knees to snatch it from it's hiding place, telling him NOT to do that any more.  Ten minutes later, he does it again.

I arrived at the Magic Kingdom with arms full of candy.  Since I didn't give out all the Halloween treats, I'm giving it to the Elks to pass out this Saturday at Challenged Children's Bingo.  I headed straight to the upstairs "lounge" where I tossed back my usual Coca Cola.  Nothing else, just Coke.

At the appointed hour, I went downstairs to discover we were short of almost all the supplies needed to keep the peasants happy.  Ordering supplies is not in my job description, yet I'm always asked why we don't have enough.
Almost immediately we ran out of tape for the infernal machine.  The week before I actually drew a picture of the size tape we required and requested it be ordered.  Surprisingly, there were large rolls in our box.  Too bad it was the wrong kind, a fact that wasn't discovered until the SECOND roll of tape ran out, whereupon we installed another large roll and it refused to print.  It was the wrong KIND of tape.

While the peasants ratcheted up their level of unhappiness having to stand in line, we changed all the tape back to the old small rolls.  In the meantime, the mini infernal debit card machine did it's usual thing of REVERSAL, transaction declined.  It takes at least two minutes to run each card.  Now it was taking an extra three to cancel and rerun, which of course went through every time.  Multiply that by ten times in the two hours we sell cards, and we are almost an hour behind in getting the peasants on to the Bingo floor.

At the end of the night, the mini infernal machine refused to close out .... AGAIN.  It happens every single Bingo night now.  Since no one listens to the Castle Lawyer or I regarding this, we just pack it up and let them do it later.   That's when the argument started.

We explained to the ONE IN CHARGE OF ALL what the problems were, but he didn't listen.  Ever since he had the incoming phone lines replaced by Comcast, nothing has worked correctly.  Comcast of course told him it was because there are millions of businesses closing out at the exact same instant we are and the server is overloaded.  In other words, it's the bank's fault.

My question was, how come for the seven years I've been doing this with the old phone lines, it never and I mean NEVER failed to settle or close out?  There was silence.  Then more arguing.  Total frustrated, we finally gave up.

As for the peasants who are complaining about the wait in line, we're sending them to him also.  If they don't want to fix the problem, they can deal with the unruly peasants.

So it wasn't exactly a pleasant night and yes, I thought about throwing up my hands and walking out. Why put up with all this stress for one hot dog, albeit a tasty one!!  Arizona is looking better every day.

Today I'm heading out for macrame supplies.  I've watched enough Christmas Movies to last me at least two weeks!!  Time for a change of scenery.






9 comments:

  1. This is NOT what you signed up for. We are heading for the coast. Friday & Saturday Santa Maria, Sunday and Monday Atascadero. Wanta come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right and Santa Maria has been on my list for some time!!

      Delete
  2. Arizona does look good pretty soon for us too, Good luck there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know HOW you have put up with it this long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because it's the only things I do ... volunteer there. Otherwise I would not get out of the house at all!! LOL

      Delete
  4. An answer to most of your complaint today is because you do,, do it

    Give the infernal machine to the guy that bought the infernal machine and tell him you don't know how to use it,, and come on the floor and teach us,

    And if all your worth is a lousy 50 Cent hotdog,,,,,, ask 🌭🌭 two
    And don't you know .. seniority 💰💰has it's perks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... I think I do it more for the company of a few good people!!

      Delete