Sunday, November 26, 2017

Chainsaw On A Stick

It used to be Black Friday.  Now I see it has changed to Black Thursday evening, Black Friday, Black Saturday and once again Black Sunday.  Apparently sales haven't been up to par, so we are extending your opportunity to pay $100 for the item we marked up to $200 yesterday (cost of item $50) in order to give you 50% off because it's Black Friday.

I never go out on any of those days.  I might think about a small mom and pop store, but honestly, I don't think I've ever left the house.  I did try to purchase some Christmas gifts on the internet.  It was just as crowded as the stores.  I couldn't get in to Cabela's website at all ... it kept saying they were just too busy ... and Bass Pro Shops would not load on my computer.  So much for shopping from home.

The thing is, I broke my resolution.  Not unusual for me, I'm always eating or spending too much.  I really needed some bug spray before my house is overrun.  The good news is they are not IN my house, but around outside so they crunch when you walk on the patio.  Not a good feeling at all.

Home Depot is not far away.  I'll just run in, quickly grab a large container and be out the door in a flash.  You KNOW that was NOT to be!!  Although I found a parking spot right away, the crowds inside were ridiculous.  The only redeeming factor was the majority of people were tall, hunky contractors, very easy on the eyes, looking for deals on big noisy toys, like table saws.  I spent more time than I will admit looking at table saws.

That's when I saw it ... a chainsaw on a stick.  I need this!!!  If no one is ever going to return my phone calls about trimming my trees, I'll just do it myself.  I already have several Ryobi tools ... a drill, a mini air compressor, a skill saw ... these things are a kick in the pants and battery operated.  One battery operates ALL the toys.

Naturally, they didn't have it in stock.  What they had were two units, each attached to the shelving with zip ties.  What's the difference I asked?  No one knew ...  it's Home Depot.  After a little investigation, I discovered there is a model that requires an extension cord (I'm sure I would cut that in half immediately) or the battery operated variety.

I grabbed my gallon bottle of bug spray and headed to the checkout stand.  Luckily, Contractors are talkative types.  I didn't mind the 30 minute check out time at all.

Once back home, I got on the internet.  I was determined to order one in spite of the horrific internet traffic making everything slow as mud.  I finally hit the order button ... ten minutes later it said SOLD!!!  You know what ELSE is cool about this?  It is extendable to 18' and will fit very nicely in my RV for those tree covered sections at RV parks that rip big holes in your roof, not to mention trimming the yard at the Lost Horse Ranch.  SCORE ONE FOR NANCY!!

On another front, Hobby Lobby has let me down.  In spite of the rain check where they promised to order two more rolls and call me, I have been lost in the Black Friday shuffle.  I went to the store ... they have nothing.  I tried Walmart, Michaels and Joannes, all for naught.

At long last, I ordered it on-line, but have no idea if the color is the same.  I may be starting from square one on this project.
I spent the rest of the afternoon spraying everything I could find ... black widow spiders, ants, bugs I don't even know the names of, all the while dreaming of my chainsaw on a stick and those hunky Contractors!!



9 comments:

  1. About your new chain saw, take it easy with it. Cut a little while and let it rest and cool down. I burned the motor up in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the tip Rex. I probably would have ruined it!!!

      Delete
  2. That chain saw on a stick sure is a handy item to have. I have used one a few times. No shopping for use either on these Black friday sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw one at a Thousand Trails Park once ... it looked like a winner to me. We shall see.

      Delete
  3. The only shopping we did was at the grocery stores and they weren't offering any discounts.
    Had a plug in on a twelve foot pole. Worked good but some how it grew legs. That cordless might be better for those RV Parks that don't know about trimming their trees.
    Watch out for overhead wires, falling branches and kickback from the saw.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked the Chainsaw you ordered.
      18 Volt Lithium Battery
      9.5 Ft. Max Length.
      Doesn't sound so good.
      Be Safe and Enjoy!

      It's about time.

      Delete
    2. You are right Rick. I had 18 on the brain. It's almost 10, plus my five feet will be plenty long enough to reach up by my RV roof and the small trees I have. Thank you for letting me know!!

      Delete
  4. I tried to buy the Nest Thermostat, all advirestied it but 3 stores did not have it in stock. What's up with that, if you have it on sale should have it in stock. Finally Amazon
    put it on sale, and delivered it Saturady, Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that to be the case also. Lots of ads, but when I was in the store, they didn't have anything. Bait and switch!!

      Delete